[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

SIze my Maplestory

Nick008Nick008
Reactions: 925
edited July 2017 in Tech Support
I was wondering if I can fit this game on my small solid state drive.
How big is this game?

Comments

• SockerfriSockerfri
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited July 2017
    Moderator Note:

This kind of language isn't permitted on the forums.
  • CruttersCrutters
    Reactions: 210
    edited July 2017
    I play a Game called Ark where atm, between the base game, mods, DLC, Etc, almost half of my SSD (1tb) is full of literally just Ark. Maple isn't bad and you should be fine if you have like the standard 500gb. If not, Delete some stuff, youll have plenty of room.
    Nick008
  • Nick008Nick008
    edited July 2017
    Impressive! :p
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited July 2017
    game is ABOUT 10 gigs so if you got a 30gig ssd or better then run with it. 10 gigs for the game and 10 gigs for an ssd swap file and then 10 gigs for other game related stuff.
    Nick008
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited July 2017
    Crutters wrote: »
    I play a Game called Ark where atm, between the base game, mods, DLC, Etc, almost half of my SSD (1tb) is full of literally just Ark. Maple isn't bad and you should be fine if you have like the standard 500gb. If not, Delete some stuff, youll have plenty of room.

I deleted ARK... wanted to play it again recently. DON'T DELETE IT. NEEEEVER DELETE IT. Buckle down and buy a Drive for ARK Alone and nothing more DON'T DELETE IT EVER. I went through the gates of hell and back Re-Downloading it and I just gave up and re-deleted it FeelsBadMan don't make my mistake.
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited July 2017
    tracyhoodz wrote: »
    game is ABOUT 10 gigs so if you got a 30gig ssd or better then run with it. 10 gigs for the game and 10 gigs for an ssd swap file and then 10 gigs for other game related stuff.

You're gonna wanna have 30GB's back up for when MapleStory Updates the next time though. lol
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited July 2017
    agreed. so yea about 60 gigs should do it.lol
  • EffortlessEffortless
    Reactions: 1,580
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Depends how many times Nexon Launcher forgets the location of your Maplestory folder then forces itself to redownload maplestory again. Asked a buddy what the size of his Maplestory Folder was and it was well over 39gb because there were 4 copies of Maplestory Installed.

Nexon Launcher's motto is "They can't play other games if they don't have the space to download them!"
  • Nick008Nick008
    edited July 2017
    Effortless wrote: »
    Depends how many times Nexon Launcher forgets the location of your Maplestory folder then forces itself to redownload maplestory again. Asked a buddy what the size of his Maplestory Folder was and it was well over 39gb because there were 4 copies of Maplestory Installed.

Nexon Launcher's motto is "They can't play other games if they don't have the space to download them!"

Haha! That's a good marketing strategy! LOL