[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Eckhart Class

ZeroBluxZeroBlux
Reactions: 1,100
edited July 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
OK so this has been on my mind for a while. Another class based on a cygnus knight. If mihile is the oldest and eckhart is the newest, i think this could work rather well. Hawkeye does talk about how Eckhart was the newest knight and about his first love "Lana". I think it would be interesting to see just what happened in Eckhart's past and what he did to become a cygnus knight.
All the knights started from somewhere. If every cygnus knight was playable than that'd be even better. Didn't Oz know some of those miners from sleepywood?
  1. So what do you think?17 votes
    1. Yes to cygnus knight classes
       71% (12 votes)
    2. no
       29% (5 votes)

Comments

• XelthineXelthine
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited July 2017
    Well, I am all for more cygnus knight captain classes, but we need more bowmen, so I'd rather have Irena.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017
    Eckhart is Night Walker, Mihile gets his own separate thing since he's the captain of the Knights
  • ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited July 2017
    I'd rather we get an Orchid class, but I definitely wouldn't say no to the chief knights
    Sayjinx
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    edited July 2017
    Eckhart is Night Walker, Mihile gets his own separate thing since he's the captain of the Knights
    true but it'd still be nice to know the origins of the other knights, I said Eckhart specifically because he's the newest of the knights. but seeing the other knights would be cool too
  • MorePLZMorePLZ
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2017
    If they do another cygnus night class Eckhart would definitely be my pick. I like the idea behind night walkers but the execution just doesn't fit well with me personally. I would love to see what they can do with him, and his story would be pretty cool too.
    That being said i seriously doubt that we are ever going to see more solo cygnus knight classes. When Mihile came out it seemed like they wanted to do all of them, but then they revamped the cygnus knights and few seemed to really like Mihile so the idea seems to be scrapped.

Personally I really want the return of UAs the ultimate adventurer/explorer. They could make it so that if you get a cygnus knight to level 200 (or 250 but that would be a lot harder, maybe if they ever make it easier to get 250) then you can do some hard quest lines and make a new explorer. My idea would be to give the explorer a buff based on the main buff that the cygnus knight of your class had (whichever buff is the one with the sphere thing icon) and get to summon the little sphere thing. The class would also receive and attacking skill, for simplicity they could just receive a nerfed version of the cygnus knights hyper skill.
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    edited July 2017
    hm. I don't think I played the game at the time when the "Ultimate Adventurer" came out
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    If Eckhart was a class I think he would be the exact opposite of Mihile. Rather than being a leader that tries to protect everyone his class would be about staying in the dark and striking fear in anyone he faces .

Maybe he could have a lot of debuffs as components of dark, and blood draining attacks. Also maybe he would have the possibility of becoming a vampire (and not a humanoid one, one that looks like a small dragon like creature based on the meaning of Dracula's name).

Rather than the throwing star being his main attack it would only be an extension of his abilities. Maybe his stars could be used as traps or distractions while his main attack would be pure darkness.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I think that, lorewise, there's a huge problem with Chief Knight classes: how does a chief knight use a completely different set of skills than the one they teach their knights?

Mihile was an April Fool's joke that was hastily deployed as a real class to deflect attention from some scandal or other that KMS had. He still makes no sense.

I think that the stories of the other chief knights (and Neinheart) would be better told in blockbuster form or as a collection of Grand Athaneum chapters.
  • SayjinxSayjinx
    Reactions: 750
    edited July 2017
    I'd rather see a Francis class release. I think a puppeteer class would be interesting.
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    edited July 2017
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    If Eckhart was a class I think he would be the exact opposite of Mihile. Rather than being a leader that tries to protect everyone his class would be about staying in the dark and striking fear in anyone he faces .

Maybe he could have a lot of debuffs as components of dark, and blood draining attacks. Also maybe he would have the possibility of becoming a vampire (and not a humanoid one, one that looks like a small dragon like creature based on the meaning of Dracula's name).

Rather than the throwing star being his main attack it would only be an extension of his abilities. Maybe his stars could be used as traps or distractions while his main attack would be pure darkness.

:O these ideas are so good.
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    edited July 2017
    Sayjinx wrote: »
    I'd rather see a Francis class release. I think a puppeteer class would be interesting.

Puppeteer would be interesting to see. But Francis insisted on following Orchid. I'm not sure what kind of story he'd have