[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Elunarium causing low drop rate on Override boxes?

piercedfreakpiercedfreak
Reactions: 1,000
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Seems the Elunarium Energy might be causing the Override boxes to not drop as frequently. I went from getting a box every other kill to one box every 2-3 minutes. Imagine a new player trying to farm for a ring, not being able to 1hko the monsters, that could take hours to get 60 boxes, and have to repeat that 14 times. I guess I got spoiled with how they were before the patch. I need two more rings, but now I am forced to endure Elunarium Energy drops, though I did not chose to participate in the event as the rewards are clearly not worth the time, and energy, unlike the Override shop, where it was(maybe still is), worth the time, and energy.

NexonGMS why do you give us crappy events geared towards new player, when your maintenance mishaps, downtime, incompetence, and bugs seem to drive away 95% of new players?

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Events have been like this for a long time now even quests I think
  • BuckYouBuckYou
    Reactions: 1,490
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I don't think it has to do with the eluna event, I think they just nerfed the override box drop rate.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    BuckYou wrote: »
    I don't think it has to do with the eluna event, I think they just nerfed the override box drop rate.

Yeah...I have noticed overall less box drops per DIPQ run
  • HakufuHakufu
    Reactions: 1,155
    edited July 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    BuckYou wrote: »

Yeah...I have noticed overall less box drops per DIPQ run

I've noticed changes with boxes.

Override Boxes
    Dipq stage 1 and 2 don't drop them anymore.
    Arcane river monsters in chu chu aren't dropping them for me anymore. (level 111/112 kinesis I'm within one/two levels of the monsters)

Monster Collection Event
    I have also noticed that the monster collection event punk monsters aren't spawning anymore for me too.

Ursus
    Ursus party que system isn't working but the party que option does.
    Some skills for kinesis class aren't working in ursus.
    Pychic Assult/Psychic Force is grayed out when entering the map even though it is chosen.

Pretty sure there is a lot more the update broke that we don't know about yet
    JettLuvsU
  • ToraAlluriaToraAlluria
    Reactions: 780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I am more frustrated that I cant seem to get more than one of the star shaped elunium ore. it seems we have to wait till the 26th to be able to get those easily. so you cant upgrade your benefit in the ui.