[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

What screenshot program do you use?

DetrivanceDetrivance
Reactions: 2,405
Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
edited October 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
I personally use ShareX .

Probably the best one that I found that gives direct image links, like Puush, but stores the files on sites that I use daily (Imgur, Google Drive, Pastebin) without the risk of being deleted after 30 days. Also saves files to my hard drive while organizing them by date and program. And it can do gifs!
  1. What screenshot program do you use?9 votes
    1. Puush
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Lightshot
       56% (5 votes)
    3. Gyazo
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Sharex
       11% (1 vote)
    5. I'm a pleb who takes pictures of my computer with my phone
       33% (3 votes)

Comments

• KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited October 2016
    I would have said Bandicam, but, it's more a video recording program than a screenshot program. 0_o
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    FRAPS.
    And manually upload to imgur if I feel the need to share.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    o_o MapleStory's screenshot button works fine for me lol. I prefer Steam's screenshot key since it gives acknowledgment of the screenshot, but I need to switch accounts often, so it's not really an option for me.

On laptops without a scroll lock key, I'd guess the Windows Game Recorder would do just as well. Its video recording quality is complete ass, but I doubt it could mess up a simple screen capture. For video, I use whatever software comes with the AMD graphics cards (AMD Gaming Evolved?)
  • SpectralRyderSpectralRyder
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited October 2016
    i use ctrl+prt sc then paste to MS paint, edit to my own liking, then upload to an image host...

can't be more simple than that...
  • KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited October 2016
    ^Tell that to people who think ctrl+alt+del is godly work (I taught them well...!)! 0_o
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    SpectralRyder

i use ctrl+prt sc then paste to MS paint, edit to my own liking, then upload to an image host...

Only problem with that is when you need to take several screenshots in succession and can't alt-tab to Paint in between (e.g., boss fight).
  • NiightseekerNiightseeker
    Reactions: 2,040
    edited October 2016
    Print screen button and then pasting it into either Paint or SAI to crop and save it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't need to take screenshots that often lol
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

ScreenGrab! most of the time, but a lot of large scale screen capture programs have memory issues where sometimes they capture a black screen or they degrade the fonts used in the capture. So if it's an especially HUGE/LONG page that needs to be capped I'll often just do single screen captures and then stitch them together manually in Photoshop.
    Windows Snipping tool is pretty much the same as Screengrab. Used to use it myself before snipping tool.
  • SpectralRyderSpectralRyder
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

SpectralRyder

Only problem with that is when you need to take several screenshots in succession and can't alt-tab to Paint in between (e.g., boss fight).

that's when i use steams screenshot function, which i have conveniently mapped to my num lock key that i literally never use in any game...
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    edited October 2016
    I just screenshot and paste to paint too. Never had to screenshot in succession. I record video with obs
  • Hannah3umHannah3um
    I have luck with VideoSolo Screen Recorder, which enables me to take screenshot before/during/after recording, and to record desktop with a webcam window attached on it. I am really fascinated with it, Hope you all love it as well. BEST!
  • huayinghuaying
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2018
    I use FoneLab Screen Recorder to record gameplay videos. It can capture gameplay videos in customized size, record system audio and microphone voice. And it allows users to set video codec, quality, frame rate, audio quality, and more other settings to export videos with a high quality.
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited December 2018
    Definitely Lightshot since I can full-window my game and take screenies that way (I take that for granted and then my game freezes after doing screenie stuff -.-)
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited December 2018
    Holy Necropost Stirgeman.

I like lightshot.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited December 2018
    Detrivance wrote: »
    I personally use ShareX .

Probably the best one that I found that gives direct image links, like Puush, but stores the files on sites that I use daily (Imgur, Google Drive, Pastebin) without the risk of being deleted after 30 days. Also saves files to my hard drive while organizing them by date and program. And it can do gifs!

I switch around I mean as an artist I don't usually limit myself to one item I tend to switch up. If its fraps, bandicam or other programs "school gave me 200 free windows program" I just experiment and use what works at the moment. Currently, I use bandicam as it helps me posting boss raids and help advertise our bera server Ursus ch. We also use imgur to make guides and things to help new players become pro and answer questions in a simple and basic manner. but most can check out if they want I post link below lol.

RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the Voiceless)
    Riza Saika (ms community Malcolm X)

Most in bera use it for information or to find parties so feel free if your a bera player to join and give us a player guide from our samples in our bot

https://discord.gg/qEtN9rF

https://imgur.com/a/uedMW

Moderator Note: Please do not necro post very old threads.
This discussion has been closed.