[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

TakeOver confusion

CrawfishhCrawfishh
Reactions: 400
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Hi maplers, I'm a bit confused by the TakeOver event. Yesterday I had 27 cumulative points, almost 28 for the wings, but today the icon of the event is nowhere to be found on the left. I saw in the patch notes however that they were extending it for one day.

41019b580fb84aae04fc3f011d463e46.png

However in the event list it says the event is still for another 34 days?

cd6df2047f56b918f6fcd9a07cfd1cfd.png

Just really confused right now as to what's going on. Is the event ended, extended, or what's happening? I just want my wings lol.

Comments

• OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    This is a second TakeOver event, not the first one extended. The first one is over.
    Crawfishh
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The first TakeOver event ended yesterday. We got an extra 12 boxes to make up for the lost days, so there was no extention.

A new TakeOver event will start after the maintenance. It was supposed to start at reset, 14 hours ago, but didn't because of the previous event.
    So, we will all start it with the 4 boxes for today already credited. That is what the maintenance notes are talking about.
    Crawfishh
  • CrawfishhCrawfishh
    edited July 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    The first TakeOver event ended yesterday. We got an extra 12 boxes to make up for the lost days, so there was no extention.

A new TakeOver event will start after the maintenance. It was supposed to start at reset, 14 hours ago, but didn't because of the previous event.
    So, we will all start it with the 4 boxes for today already credited. That is what the maintenance notes are talking about.

Ahh okay, get it now. Thank you! I couldn't remember collecting 27 boxes so that makes sense now too LOL.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2017
    I am still confused on the Rewards...is it a Dominator Pendant or an Abso weapon...
    Crawfishh
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Crawfishh wrote: »
    Hi maplers, I'm a bit confused by the TakeOver event. Yesterday I had 27 cumulative points, almost 28 for the wings, but today the icon of the event is nowhere to be found on the left. I saw in the patch notes however that they were extending it for one day.

Just really confused right now as to what's going on. Is the event ended, extended, or what's happening? I just want my wings lol.

Basically, to clear it up a bit more if anyone's still confused, it's suppose to say something like "Due to an issue where the NEW TAKEOVER event STARTED LATE, etc etc"
    (Basically, unless they changed it on the update notes since I saw, the first Takeover was suppose to end July 25, 23:59gt, and the second Takeover was suppose to start july 26, 0:00gt [1min after first one ended]. And the issue was that the one first one ended on time, but the second one didn't start like it was suppose to [meaning they just put a huge typo/whoever wrote that part wasn't thinking straight/didn't know the actual problem].)
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I am still confused on the Rewards...is it a Dominator Pendant or an Abso weapon...

My bets are Abso weapon. Fourth season doing Takeover (I think? 2 around V and 2 now?) and last gift's always been abso. (iirc)
    Crawfishh
  • CrawfishhCrawfishh
    edited July 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Crawfishh wrote: »

Basically, to clear it up a bit more if anyone's still confused, it's suppose to say something like "Due to an issue where the NEW TAKEOVER event STARTED LATE, etc etc"
    (Basically, unless they changed it on the update notes since I saw, the first Takeover was suppose to end July 25, 23:59gt, and the second Takeover was suppose to start july 26, 0:00gt [1min after first one ended]. And the issue was that the one first one ended on time, but the second one didn't start like it was suppose to [meaning they just put a huge typo/whoever wrote that part wasn't thinking straight/didn't know the actual problem].)
    Petalmagic wrote: »

My bets are Abso weapon. Fourth season doing Takeover (I think? 2 around V and 2 now?) and last gift's always been abso. (iirc)

Ahhh that makes a lot of sense, yeah that single typo made it a whole lot more confusing than it already was haha.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The dominator pendant is best in slot in KMS. Since a lot of events are copied from them, the reward may very well be a dominator pendant.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    ^Also, I stand corrected. Think there's another thread where CS replies to someone and says the reward is Dom Pend.