[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.232 Blooming Forest Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Would the game be more alive if?

AlbinorockAlbinorock
Reactions: 2,095
Posts: 210
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Would the game be more alive if they removed smegas and added World Chat.
World Chat being you can talk to anyone in the same world. Kinda like smega but for free.
Maybe have channel chat as well.
The game would feel and seem more alive which would invite more players in, but Nexon will never do that cause smega = money.
Thoughts?
Would the game be more alive that way?

Comments

  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Posts: 471
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Would seeing/using said chat be voluntary? I'd hate to get spammed by everyone in the server/channel. Even if there was a cooldown on messages, it'd still be flooded lol. And a cooldown would sorta defeat the purpose of such a chat. Maybe if said chats were based on proximity? Like maybe same continent or area? Also make sure to allow people to hide the chat... we don't really need to add to the gachapon/pssb announcement spam lol.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,765
    Posts: 6,223
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    That sounds absolutely terrifying.
    Would definitely need a toggle to opt out.
    Its2Sharp4ULilyflowerKerBansot
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,540
    Posts: 596
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    It would feel more alive, but it wouldn't be alive, population won't increase because of it but it would bring players together more perhaps
    Traveler5577
  • RailBirdRailBird
    Reactions: 2,450
    Posts: 158
    Member
    edited July 2017
    I've played games with a global channel and it's literally the worst thing you could do to a game. It's 98% spam, vulgar language and people calling each other out. The other 2% is people accidentally using the wrong channel.
    If anything I'd like to see an option to disable the smega animations because they cause massive lag spikes every time they pop up.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,540
    Posts: 596
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    RailBird wrote: »
    I've played games with a global channel and it's literally the worst thing you could do to a game. It's 98% spam, vulgar language and people calling each other out. The other 2% is people accidentally using the wrong channel.
    If anything I'd like to see an option to disable the smega animations because they cause massive lag spikes every time they pop up.

    and most people who use smegas use the same language or spam with trash
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited July 2017
    How about a toggle to toggle everything.

    Why wouldn't it just be in a different tab, like guild chat, party chat, alliance chat, battle chat. only just add world chat.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    Posts: 1,572
    Member
    edited July 2017
    RailBird wrote: »
    I've played games with a global channel and it's literally the worst thing you could do to a game. It's 98% spam, vulgar language and people calling each other out. The other 2% is people accidentally using the wrong channel.
    If anything I'd like to see an option to disable the smega animations because they cause massive lag spikes every time they pop up.

    Ugh...and the GOLD SELLERS. WHen I played a game with Global channel...thats about all I saw. Had to mute it cuz it was super annoying and was a very bright color =3=
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Posts: 331
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    We had this and it was bad.
    Mostly because of the lag it caused because of a bug.
    I kinda liked the idea, but it seem like it was forgotten by the devs.
    Excuse me if I'm wrong in any way.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited July 2017
    We had this and it was bad.
    Mostly because of the lag it caused because of a bug.
    I kinda liked the idea, but it seem like it was forgotten by the devs.
    Excuse me if I'm wrong in any way.

    I remember this, it did cause lag and they removed it accordingly.
  • SockerfriSockerfri
    Reactions: 1,020
    Posts: 120
    Member
    edited July 2017
    Moderator Note:

    Attacking other members is not acceptable on these forums.
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,095
    Posts: 210
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    I can see where everyone is coming from. I forgot about gold sellers and the toxic community. But yeah, having a toggle would be nice heck even a smega toggle would be great but it'll never happen.
    Just wanted your input. Thanks.
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    Posts: 123
    Member
    edited July 2017
    Would the game be more alive if <thing> was free? Yes.
  • XionicomadXionicomad
    Reactions: 820
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited July 2017
    Game is very much alive. It just isn't booming like it was at its peak in the past.