[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

fubared evans

tracyhoodztracyhoodz
Reactions: 1,310
edited July 2017 in Rants and Raves
hey nexon, whos brite ass idea was to to completely fubar the evans class???????????????
hadnt been on mine in ages, till about 2 months ago, what a wasted ordeal that was...for 1 att you have to use 2 other attacks unlike they old evans it was one for one..now its just a wasted space that need to be gotten rid of......a junk toon.
  1. evans, worth the time to you anymore or not?11 votes
    1. yes.
       91% (10 votes)
    2. no.
       9% (1 vote)
    3. wasted space.
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• SockerfriSockerfri
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited July 2017
    git gud home boy
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited July 2017
    wht is GIT and what is GUD?.lolol
  • XelthineXelthine
    Reactions: 1,525
    edited July 2017
    I actually prefer the revamped Evan class over the old one, and I've been maining Evan since I came back to the game in the RED update. The class has become more mobile, having high jump & longer teleports than before.

The class is harder to learn, that's true, but after the revamp, I can easily clear entire maps where I couldn't before due to attacks that reaches in all directions, not just foward, and since you are able to attack with both Mir & Evan, you can now attack at 2 different areas at once. It's a lot more active class now too, which is a good change from before.

As for your actual problem with the revamped class, Having to combine Mir & Evan's attacks to create a more powerful attack for Mir only adds more depth to the class which is almost always good to have. When you reath 4th job, all of your other job abilities becomes much stronger too, so you have more of a choice how you want to play the class, and that is never a bad thing.

Looking back on it now, Evan was a pretty boring class, all I did while grinding was spamming Flame Wheel whereas now I'm moving around the map like a deadly dragon tornado using wind blades & wind breath with Mir and Mana Burst with Evan. It's a lot more fun in my opinion.
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited July 2017
    before the redo i was nuking maps with no problem, i will have to disagree with you assessment of the evans class, the way they are now compared to others not counting the zero class, its all wasted space and not worth even the time to fund it. to me the evans class went the way of the bishops. back in the day bishops were an att class, now they aint even worth the time to build one for support except for the blessing buffs, IF they still have it. got one from back then and when they took our gen they all but disappeared.....same thing with the evans.
  • Casually1987Casually1987
    Reactions: 980
    edited July 2017
    I have to disagree with you, previously I had an Evan before on Scania and at 4th job you only had two skills to use, flame wheel for mobbing and illusion for bossing. Boring. Evans are much more exciting now with multiple attacks and their vertical jump is amazing. I really enjoy Evans now because before they were just an average class with one mob skill but now they have multiple skills. Yes it does take getting used to and to be frank I haven't mastered the combinations yet either but I really enjoy using fusion skills to try and maximize my damage.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited July 2017
    tracyhoodz wrote: »
    before the redo i was nuking maps with no problem, i will have to disagree with you assessment of the evans class, the way they are now compared to others not counting the zero class, its all wasted space and not worth even the time to fund it. to me the evans class went the way of the bishops. back in the day bishops were an att class, now they aint even worth the time to build one for support except for the blessing buffs, IF they still have it. got one from back then and when they took our gen they all but disappeared.....same thing with the evans.

Lawl, you got a storm coming. Evan's are leagues better than they once were. Better bossing, better mobility, and better mobbing. You can do far more than you could with Evan than before the revamp. Also, I have no idea how you "nuked" maps with old evan. Flame wheel didn't quite get the job done, blaze was meh at best, and they still have an FMA

It also just makes sense. before the revamp it was all Mir, and no Evan. With the revamp Evan can enhance Mir's attack, and still dish out damage on his own. And if you can look at Evan's 5th job skills and call that a waste of soace, then hoo boy, I'm outta here.
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited July 2017
    i dont rem now the skills i use but it wasnt just flame wheel and i was able to mob the map with mine. maybe yours back then was a lil weak maybe?lol
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited July 2017

Lawl, you got a storm coming. Evan's are leagues better than they once were. Better bossing, better mobility, and better mobbing. You can do far more than you could with Evan than before the revamp. Also, I have no idea how you "nuked" maps with old evan. Flame wheel didn't quite get the job done, blaze was meh at best, and they still have an FMA

It also just makes sense. before the revamp it was all Mir, and no Evan. With the revamp Evan can enhance Mir's attack, and still dish out damage on his own. And if you can look at Evan's 5th job skills and call that a waste of soace, then hoo boy, I'm outta here.

mine 200 from back when i lvled her like 4 years ago maybe, and now all iv got is 2 atts, NONE of the other stuff work at all, cant put them on buttons nothing, that ground slam thing and some sort of wind and fire att, what a wasted experiance.lolol
    hell my blaze wizs are far better them my evans, and that aint saying much....lolol
  • XelthineXelthine
    edited July 2017

mine 200 from back when i lvled her like 4 years ago maybe, and now all iv got is 2 atts, NONE of the other stuff work at all, cant put them on buttons nothing, that ground slam thing and some sort of wind and fire att, what a wasted experiance.lolol
    hell my blaze wizs are far better them my evans, and that aint saying much....lolol

So let me get this straight, you say the entire Evan class is a waste of space because there is a bug that makes you unable to put the 2nd & 3rd job attacks on your bar? Instead of going on the forums to whine that the class is terrible, you should actually go and report this issue and maybe it would get resolved. Nothing will change from this thread other than you getting confirmation that the class isn't as terrible as you make it out to be.
  • tracyhoodztracyhoodz
    edited July 2017
    Xelthine wrote: »

So let me get this straight, you say the entire Evan class is a waste of space because there is a bug that makes you unable to put the 2nd & 3rd job attacks on your bar? Instead of going on the forums to whine that the class is terrible, you should actually go and report this issue and maybe it would get resolved. Nothing will change from this thread other than you getting confirmation that the class isn't as terrible as you make it out to be.

dude you so MISSED the point.lolol. where you around back when they hit the streets?lolol
  • XelthineXelthine
    edited July 2017
    Alright, this is the last time I'm posting in this thread because I feel as though it's a waste of time trying to get a point across to this single minded person.
    If I missed the point, it's because you are not clear as to what you want to say, also can you stop ending your sentences with "lololol", it doesn't reinforce what you try to say at all. In fact, it actually gives the impression that you are a very childish person.

I'm going to be honest here No, I wasn't around by the time they "hit the streets", or released as I assume you meant. I played maplestory around the time that Orbis was released, and quit sometime before the pirate class due to other games being released that I wanted to play. And I can only assume that you weren't around by that time either by the look of your vocabulary.

I was around long before the revamp though, as I returned to play maplestory some years back.

Either way, I've said what I wanted and I see no reason to keep posting here. Have a nice day, and I hope you give the Evan class another honest try.
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Mained Evan since release...illusion was pretty trash for a bossing skill, and flame wheel only had horizontal range going for it, while blaze was...only good against horntail? It 100% needed a rework and what it got was amazing. From the sounds of it, you just have no clue how to play it anymore and refuse to learn it? As it is now, I can clear out most maps without moving. Bossing is also better except for some of the animations dooming me due to the meta of all harder bosses needing to be a giant damage sponge with only OHKO attacks.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Lel pre-revamp evan was bad and I deleted him after reaching level 20.

The new revamped evan looks way more appealing to me and a lot other players.

I mean I see alot of evan players.
    Also if you would look at bossing videos you would know how bomb evan is.

Firewolfslayer
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2017

Bishops are more than capable to solo end game bosses now.

foussiremixQuickDrawer
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited July 2017
    Lel pre-revamp evan was bad and I deleted him after reaching level 20.

The new revamped evan looks way more appealing to me and a lot other players.

I mean I see alot of evan players.
    Also if you would look at bossing videos you would know how bomb evan is.

I would say the same. I also deleted/quitted my evan before it hit like lv 30 lol pre-revamped
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Um... I think you have the wrong 2D MMORPG, the Evan you describe sounds nothing like The Evan we used to have, which is to say by the time you hit lv 200 you were using like four or five attacks at maximum, none of which were map-clearing, spamming them endlessly because they were the only good options you had.
    Which is to say, what every class suffered from back then.
  • FirewolfslayerFirewolfslayer
    Reactions: 610
    edited August 2017
    I originally played along with my dad in 2013 but stopped as it took too freaking long to do download updates and now I have a new computer that just downloaded maplestory in like 15 minutes.