[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

No Results Screen + Rewards After Defeating Ursus

RezerbaRezerba
Reactions: 830
Member, Private Tester
edited July 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Raid Boss, No Rewards Given to Affect Player

Brief bug summary:
After defeating Ursus, the Results screen doesn't show up and the affected players gets moved directly to the Entry Room for Ursus. It doesn't bring the affected player to the Exit room as it's suppose to and the player gets no rewards.

More details:
The view will zoom up to the player's character and the timer for how long you can stay in the Results Screen will start but then the player gets moved out right at that moment and as the player gets moved out it gives a message in the chat that says, "You can't gain more reward. Moving to waiting room." First time my group's ever seen this.

Some other players that were in my raid were affected and were also not getting the Results Screen and were moved directly to the Entry Room without any rewards in all 3 runs like me. However, not all of them were affected by this and were able to get to the Results Screen and obtain their rewards. Also one was booted out with us in only their 3rd run?
So far we haven't been able to pinpoint the common reason for it.

Character name:
Aschens

Character level:

Character job:
Thunder Breaker

World name:
Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
7/20/2017 10:05 PM - 10: 35PM PDT

Anyone else encounter this?

Comments

• RezerbaRezerba
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Doesn't matter if you defeat Ursus or not the player will still get booted out with no rewards.

It seems that this bug affects not by character but the whole account?

The people in my group that were affected ran on different characters but it still resulted in not getting a results screen and no rewards with that message appearing in the chat.
  • jofnoaisfgagjofnoaisfgag
    Reactions: 610
    edited July 2017
    Same problem here, for almost a week now
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited July 2017
    same here... yesterday i was find and got rewards, today not... it moved to entrance map after defeating Ursus and didn't opened score window and no rewards.

please fix this nexon.. i want to craft those chairs..

i hope they at least put it in Known bugs list.
  • astrosnotastrosnot
    Reactions: 1,265
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    This issue persists despite the alleged fix in the scheduled maintenance on July 26th.

I held back on posting more info earlier because this was supposed to be fixed, but here it is now:
    • Players who are added to the party play queue after the queue has already been established are more likely to encounter the bug
    • If you are affected on the first run of the day, the rest of your runs that day will likely be affected
    • If you are not affected on the first run of the day, you probably won't encounter the bug in the rest of your runs for that day
    • Changing queue hosts, party configurations, or queuing methods will not unbug you
    • Restarting your game client or your PC will not unbug you
    • The bug affects all characters on your account for the day
    • Your bugged status seems to go away upon daily reset

Knowing these points, my group has a pretty reliable workaround in the meantime. We've currently tested this method once, and everyone in our 9-man group was able to receive rewards that day. Can anyone else test this method so we have more information to draw from?
    1. The host adds everyone to their party before establishing the queue
      • If there are more than 6 players participating in the expedition, split the group into separate expeditions so that everyone is in a host party before the queue is up.
      • The important point is that no one has to be manually invited into the party play queue.
    2. The host(s) establish their queue via party play, enter the raid, complete the raid
    3. After finishing the first run, the separated groups can be merged back into one expedition as normal for the second and third runs
    JettLuvsURezerba
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    astrosnot wrote: »
    This issue persists despite the alleged fix in the scheduled maintenance on July 26th.

I held back on posting more info earlier because this was supposed to be fixed, but here it is now:
    • Players who are added to the party play queue after the queue has already been established are more likely to encounter the bug
    • If you are affected on the first run of the day, the rest of your runs that day will likely be affected
    • If you are not affected on the first run of the day, you probably won't encounter the bug in the rest of your runs for that day
    • Changing queue hosts, party configurations, or queuing methods will not unbug you
    • Restarting your game client or your PC will not unbug you
    • The bug affects all characters on your account for the day
    • Your bugged status seems to go away upon daily reset

Knowing these points, my group has a pretty reliable workaround in the meantime. We've currently tested this method once, and everyone in our 9-man group was able to receive rewards that day. Can anyone else test this method so we have more information to draw from?
    1. The host adds everyone to their party before establishing the queue
      • If there are more than 6 players participating in the expedition, split the group into separate expeditions so that everyone is in a host party before the queue is up.
      • The important point is that no one has to be manually invited into the party play queue.
    2. The host(s) establish their queue via party play, enter the raid, complete the raid
    3. After finishing the first run, the separated groups can be merged back into one expedition as normal for the second and third runs

Last night I was the last one to arrive to my group's meetup and the Party Play queue was already established. Got invited to the queue and then to the party(6). I dced upon entering the 1st run. I came back and saw everyone else except our Host(who somehow always avoids the bug) got bugged.
    Went through the 2nd and 3rd runs and I ended up getting rewards and everyone else got the same results as the 1st run.

I'm extremely confused. We'll try that method tonight and hope it works. Thanks for sharing.

UPDATE:
    It worked on our end as well! I even left the host party for the 2nd and 3rd run.
  • JulyJuly
    edited August 2017
    and no fix in this week maintenance =/
  • JulyJuly
    edited August 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    July wrote: »
    • The Quick Start option for the Ursus boss battle will now function correctly.

what this have to do with the rewards glitch? o0
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited August 2017
    • The Quick Start option for the Ursus boss battle will now function correctly.

what this have to do with the rewards glitch? o0

Nothing. Alex has the queue and reward bugs confused.
    I guess I won't be doing another week of Ursus. There goes 1.5B or so meso...
    Sigh, first run of the day after maint and it bugged.
  • astrosnotastrosnot
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    This issue still persists after the scheduled maintenance on August 3rd.
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Hm, I see.

I'll forward this as a High Priority issue.

It seems that the work around simply requires you to already be in the host party when a Party Play queue is created. You don't even have to run that queue.

You can also just make a Party Play queue by yourself, Ready up(May not be needed), and then exit that queue. You'll avoid the no rewards bug for the rest of the day.
  • astrosnotastrosnot
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    This bug still persists even after the recent update to Ursus in v.188.2
  • JulyJuly
    edited September 2017
    In the last 2 days when i went with friends to fight Ursus Boss, The score window with the rewards didn't opened for most of us at the end of the fight.. instead it sent us to the entry map with the following message in chat: "You can't gain more reward. Moving to the waiting room."

Please send this to game department.. this type of bug making this boss content pointless to do.. who gonna fight it if not getting any rewards?

Thanks.

can't believe this post here for 2 months and still no fix.. maybe just remove Ursus content from game?
  • Wubs_WAWubs_WA
    Reactions: 700
    edited November 2017
    November 1st, 2017 and this problem still exists. Please fix this it's already hard enough to find people to run it only to get no rewards because you get bugged :|
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Just had this happen to me all 3 runs.

Character name: SadVirgin

Character level: 235

Character job: Phantom

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: Nov 1, 8:30 PM PST
  • eueuQeueuQ
    Reactions: 500
    edited April 2018
    I've been having this problem for the last 3 weeks. I thought back of what changed for me 3 weeks ago and realized that I recently purchased the auto pet-buff skill. I removed those skills from auto-buff and voila, I was able to finish the Ursus run and collect my rewards.

For reference, the skills I had on auto-buff were dual bowguns booster and ancient wardring. My friends who used booster on auto-buff didn't have any issues so it's possibly with other skills? They had no problems with maple warrior and soul arrow.