[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Most Annoying Monster

Comments

• DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited July 2017
    I would say any of the monsters that glitch up and become unhittable... Times where I"m level 60 or so and the spore shrooms outside of the door of the woods (where guard Luke is) have become immortal to anything not a regular attack. and I had someone go WTF when she were trying to reduce thier numbers because her attacks weren't killing them but they still had 5678 or 120997 showing up when hitting them. Same happens to blue ribbon pigs sometimes

• YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited July 2017
    the only times a monster/boss anoys me is when they prevent me from killing them fast enough or just become invincible and you cant counter that you gotta wait for their spells to run out
    horntail heads casting damage reduction spells making physycal or magic attacks hit 1s
    or arkadium snakes being inmune to physycal damage [i main a melee class physycal damage only] a litle bit anoying being unable to kill a monster i supose but i dont kill arkaryum anyways
    i dont hate any monster being honest i just get anoyed by the spells sometimes they use to defend themselves but in the end they just get beat up even worse oh my~ are the adventurers the real baddyes here i wonder?
  • MicrowavedFoodMicrowavedFood
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2017
    Magnus, If you dont have enough range to kill him instantly or a warrior class with 100% stance, He will keep knocknig you out of the area while spamming meteors. It gets annoying real fast.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I found a new hate in the lantern erda.

When he appears you panic and run into him and get potion locked and than you can't heal, panic more and run into the mobs resulting in death.
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited August 2017

When he appears you panic and run into him and get potion locked and than you can't heal, panic more and run into the mobs resulting in death.

Same. I thought when I reached Chu Chu Island I would be free from that nightmare monster. No. They have their own version called a Birdshark which is ever bigger @_@

latest?cb=20160818190722
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited August 2017
    Any monster that fly around the maps in Arcane River. I can't be away from the computer for ~2-3 minutes to grab something to drink/eat, or help my parents out without worrying about my character dying. >_>
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited August 2017
    Archeryi wrote: »
    its called making maple challenging

Who said anything about difficulty? I was asking about monsters. Please read the entire question next time before making an embarrassingly snide remark. Thanks.

I did read the entire thing and I'm saying the same thing its called making maple challenging like we can all 1 shot bosses now lmao
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited August 2017
    Jr. Nekis. Miss, miss, miss, miss...
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited August 2017
    These are SUPER annoying

D2FW5Jd.jpg
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited August 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »
    These are SUPER annoying

D2FW5Jd.jpg

Do you revel in their tears then when you defeat one and they cry? XD
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited August 2017
    Purple clam. I've remade characters over 4 times just to get a chance at that elite. I just can't get it.
  • Nick008Nick008
    Reactions: 925
    edited August 2017
    Lilynouch - when he's in the air, I can't hit it !
  • qwermqwerm
    Reactions: 535
    edited August 2017
    Yakudle wrote: »
    the only times a monster/boss anoys me is when they prevent me from killing them fast enough or just become invincible and you cant counter that you gotta wait for their spells to run out
    horntail heads casting damage reduction spells making physycal or magic attacks hit 1s
    or arkadium snakes being inmune to physycal damage [i main a melee class physycal damage only] a litle bit anoying being unable to kill a monster i supose but i dont kill arkaryum anyways
    i dont hate any monster being honest i just get anoyed by the spells sometimes they use to defend themselves but in the end they just get beat up even worse oh my~ are the adventurers the real baddyes here i wonder?

I love the fact that trickblade allows me to bypass several versions of super armour and damage reflect; I've found if a particularly annoying enemy manages to fire off either, I can try to trigger the solo attack mode for trickblade and it cuts right through and does damage, and worst comes to worst, I end up just triggering the multi mob mode, which doesn't activate DR, but won't do damage either.

Same. I thought when I reached Chu Chu Island I would be free from that nightmare monster. No. They have their own version called a Birdshark which is ever bigger @_@

latest?cb=20160818190722

Every Arcane river zone seems to have their own variant of the "anti-AFK " mob which can really ruin your day if you aren't prepared. Times like this I am greatful my main mobbing attack has a 90% stun rate on any non boss, so they're pretty harmless for me if I can tag them right away. Even if they don't die in one hit, they drop to the floor and flounce about until the stun wears off.
  • Ran7004Ran7004
    Reactions: 510
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Find barlog in the ship lol
  • SarasChaosSarasChaos
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I would have to say the birds in leafre, before they took out there status effect. which is not being able to jump and getting silenced every 5 seconds.
  • ABCZZTABCZZT
    Reactions: 1,495
    edited August 2017
    For me, it's Yosuzume (the birds summoned in the Tengu boss fight). % HP touch damage that slows and never misses, and they have more health than I can kill with Ibaraki's Spirit. Even just one has the potential to get me killed or miss a purple area.

The Eluna mobs are annoying like that too, but without the slow and insane health. They always knock me back. If they're at the top of a rope/ladder, I can't climb it until they move out of the way.
  • Celeste123Celeste123
    Reactions: 840
    edited August 2017
    I don't care what any one says, floating "anti-afk" mobs in Arcane River. This cancer was spread from a Korean AFK issue that had nothing to do with the global server.

Hands down the most annoying nuisance waiting for you to have to (unnecessarily) deal with when grinding end game. Gotta go to the bathroom but don't wanna lose your training room to some one else because you must port back to town just to keep from dying while AFK for more than 5 minutes? Tough noogies. Go to an e-boss where some one was room hacking and get potlocked by the floating f-er and consequently lawnmowed by e-boss super powerful % damage moves with ZILCH you can do about it. Another safe charm (you hopefully had on you) down the drain..

Other than that, yeah Magnus.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited August 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »
    These are SUPER annoying

D2FW5Jd.jpg

Do you revel in their tears then when you defeat one and they cry? XD

Every time :v
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited August 2017
    Arkarium because 1hko spam. ;~;
    And flying mobs at VJ/chuchu/lach.
    Invulgo
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Montrecers.... Not everyone knows about this monster since pre-big bang but it is an car in trees monster that spawns in Ulu City Estate 3 and mixed with tree golem petrifighters in Along Ulu City map. This monster wins the title for most annoying stun monster that I experienced. If you do not ohko and aggro a bunch, their magic attack spiky cage will constantly stun you at the point that you have to throw your computer out the window to get out of it and have another move which is flashing which they also spam to stun and seems to hit you even if you aren't near it. Hated these ever since Ulu City was released and even then they bugged me when doing the krexel prequests on my lower level characters. This momster is usually forgotten and never hunted except from botters.