[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How do you guys Stay Calm?

HoneyWaterHoneyWater
Reactions: 2,245
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in General Chat
Salutations C:

So this is a question i have for everyone o. o because everyone's different

So there's moment where You try Priming, or Scrolling and it keeps failing and you're speaking all Gibberish in anger.

Or when Star Forcing... that stresses me out a lot...

Or when Drama Happens between your friends (it happens time to time)

Or when you do Chu Chu island and the Drops aren't dropping and you keep missing those Bonuses and you keep getting A ranks.

All those Moments you just want to

tumblr_o5xwz6UwyW1ujp8qzo1_500.gif

Of course in those Moments, Players would just step back from their computers and just... lie down in their bed thinking of why they play Maplestory.
Then There's some People that Magically Don't get Mad o_o... like They just don't and in those Situation you just want to ask them... how do you not stay angry, tired, stressed, sad ALL THOSE EMOTIONS

HOW DO YOU GUYS STAY CALM WHILE GETTING AWAY FROM MAPLESTORY C:

Please don't Say Eating... I already try to eat my Emotions away o. o

Comments

• AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited August 2017
    I get stressed by starforcing and having my 8 star constantly drop back to 7, back to 8, back to 7 repeat 10x more times until I finally say F-It and when I'm about to give up it finally goes to 9 and then to 10.

For (node) drops I just git gud and buy drop coupons/+lucky winters /wait for 2x event and use all 3. Or I do it the guaranteed way and use the nx I would have used to buy drops for endless grinding and buy maple points to sell for meso then buy them directly from fm/ah

My technique for besting rng is to move everytime I scroll with clean slates or reset my ability as that seems to reroll my rng (tin foil hat)

• HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    I get stressed by starforcing and having my 8 star constantly drop back to 7, back to 8, back to 7 repeat 10x more times until I finally say F-It and when I'm about to give up it finally goes to 9 and then to 10.

For (node) drops I just git gud and buy drop coupons/+lucky winters /wait for 2x event and use all 3. Or I do it the guaranteed way and use the nx I would have used to buy drops for endless grinding and buy maple points to sell for meso then buy them directly from fm/ah

My technique for besting rng is to move everytime I scroll with clean slates or reset my ability as that seems to reroll my rng (tin foil hat)

I Relate to that so much x_x, but it usually with 9 star and it keeps going up and down, then yea i just say... it's totally not gonna go up.. then it goes up and im like I TRICKED THE SYSTEM.

oh i meant the Chu chu island PQ... x_x it makes me cry everytime p_p

i should move around then... maybe i'll actually get my scrolls to work =_=
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    I usually played Hyrule Warriors, and soon Fire Emblem Warriors. Killing thousands of fricks is my stress reliever, dood.
    Senran Kagura Estival Versus with mods is probably the best, but I haven't played much of it yet. Homura though.

I don't play a lot of Nintendo x'D... but i did wanted ot give Hyrule Warriors a try o. o , but i feel like those game would give me more challenges x_x, i suck at mmorpg's if that's what Fire emblem is... or it's so strategy games... i suck at nintendo games x'DD
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    DO I LOOK CALM TO YOU?! -sigh- In all honesty Ill take a break from Maple and watch kitten videos...I can link you to my favorite live stream if you would like.
    Traveler5577
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    When I fail at star upgrading my weapon and get angry , i go to my cat and cuddle her and hug her.
    Calms me down.

• UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Everything I can handle but for starforce I don't, I hit everything around me when I am struggling with the starforce

You have no idea how many mesos and equips and tears I lost with starforce..
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited August 2017
    if i get teed off with maplestory i just blame the lazy work from nexon... but then i watch anime have a laugh text a friend. then i go to sleep listenign to Pandora. theres a radio station that gives music to help sleep better... then its a new day same o , same o.... oh what does everyone think of that other new class KMS got? its a wood elf mage class. ( hes not a nova mage class either they stated that already..)///
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited August 2017
    I used to get pissed easily so I made up a system. If I fail SF enhance 3x, I'll change maps. If I fail again, I'll cc. If I fail again, I'll move to another item. If I don't have another item I'm working on, I switch to a mule and just kill mobs in anger.

This system gives me enough time to calm down. Even if it fails to the very end and I get to the killing mobs on the mule part, it's still therapeutic for me coz I think "Legion levels... yes... I'm fine... I'm not mad... I will not destroy this whole house just yet...." :P
  • LordOfNightLordOfNight
    Reactions: 925
    edited August 2017
    I usually just listen to music to calm myself down. If I am struggling with anything Maple related, be it either scrolling, starforcing or bossing, I usually try to stay optimistic by thinking that there will be other opportunities to improve (Spell Fever, Star Force events) . However, the only thing will anger me are the homing swords in Damien. If by chance you get unlucky, you will spawn whilst there are 2-3 swords flying all over the place. There are no chances to remove the seal because you are constantly being hit by those swords. At that point, I just remember that I can always re-do the Damien runs until it seems fair.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Saluatations :D
    Thanks for all these comments, i enjoyed reading all of them x'DD
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    DO I LOOK CALM TO YOU?! -sigh- In all honesty Ill take a break from Maple and watch kitten videos...I can link you to my favorite live stream if you would like.
    When I fail at star upgrading my weapon and get angry , i go to my cat and cuddle her and hug her.
    Calms me down.

Ha i wished i had a cat.... but like i guess i could also watch cat videos.... but like i'm more of a Corgi Man :^ )... but i also do want cats o_o
    ======================================================================================================
    Everything I can handle but for starforce I don't, I hit everything around me when I am struggling with the starforce

You have no idea how many mesos and equips and tears I lost with starforce..

at least you can hit something, i think i'll get in trouble if i started hitting things around me (items of course).
    ======================================================================================================
    if i get teed off with maplestory i just blame the lazy work from nexon... but then i watch anime have a laugh text a friend. then i go to sleep listenign to Pandora. theres a radio station that gives music to help sleep better... then its a new day same o , same o.... oh what does everyone think of that other new class KMS got? its a wood elf mage class. ( hes not a nova mage class either they stated that already..)///
    KerBansot wrote: »
    I used to get pissed easily so I made up a system. If I fail SF enhance 3x, I'll change maps. If I fail again, I'll cc. If I fail again, I'll move to another item. If I don't have another item I'm working on, I switch to a mule and just kill mobs in anger.

This system gives me enough time to calm down. Even if it fails to the very end and I get to the killing mobs on the mule part, it's still therapeutic for me coz I think "Legion levels... yes... I'm fine... I'm not mad... I will not destroy this whole house just yet...." :P

Maybe i'll try those Methods o_o, thanks for sharing :D
    I usually just listen to music to calm myself down. If I am struggling with anything Maple related, be it either scrolling, starforcing or bossing, I usually try to stay optimistic by thinking that there will be other opportunities to improve (Spell Fever, Star Force events) . However, the only thing will anger me are the homing swords in Damien. If by chance you get unlucky, you will spawn whilst there are 2-3 swords flying all over the place. There are no chances to remove the seal because you are constantly being hit by those swords. At that point, I just remember that I can always re-do the Damien runs until it seems fair.

hmmm i usually just listen to music when playing maplestory so when i get mad im mad to the point where music can't help me x'D, and do you still get hit with the resistance link skill o.O? If not it's a really good Link skill.. but since you're doing damien... i'm sure u know x'D.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited August 2017
    Starforcing and stuff doesn't really stress me.
    But when I start getting annoyed at something I stand up, go grab a snack and a drink and just take a little break from whatever is annoying me.
    Traveler5577
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    Be like water and go with the flow. Martial Arts is discipline, discipline is to be calm
  • WillermWillerm
    Reactions: 410
    edited August 2017
    In situations like this I don't get mad, I just get really TIRED and just go shoot someone in Overwatch, this always sheer me up. But I think that the best you can do is try some activity that doesn't have anything to do with competition or luck, as watch a movie or listen to music, then when you feel comfortable enough to play you can come back and repeat the process
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited August 2017
    HoneyWater wrote: »
    Salutations C:

So this is a question i have for everyone o. o because everyone's different

So there's moment where You try Priming, or Scrolling and it keeps failing and you're speaking all Gibberish in anger.

Or when Star Forcing... that stresses me out a lot...

Or when Drama Happens between your friends (it happens time to time)

Or when you do Chu Chu island and the Drops aren't dropping and you keep missing those Bonuses and you keep getting A ranks.

All those Moments you just want to

tumblr_o5xwz6UwyW1ujp8qzo1_500.gif

Of course in those Moments, Players would just step back from their computers and just... lie down in their bed thinking of why they play Maplestory.
    Then There's some People that Magically Don't get Mad o_o... like They just don't and in those Situation you just want to ask them... how do you not stay angry, tired, stressed, sad ALL THOSE EMOTIONS

HOW DO YOU GUYS STAY CALM WHILE GETTING AWAY FROM MAPLESTORY C:

Please don't Say Eating... I already try to eat my Emotions away o. o

ill have to admit... what anime did that image come from? i felt like doing that to some people when i played in 2008. some people pissed me off. but my two best friends who introduced me stayed at my side. thur and thur and they stopped for awhile right now. but i keep playing this becuz i love the game overall and want to see this thur.. or wanting to see where the story goes to next...
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    ill have to admit... what anime did that image come from? i felt like doing that to some people when i played in 2008. some people pissed me off. but my two best friends who introduced me stayed at my side. thur and thur and they stopped for awhile right now. but i keep playing this becuz i love the game overall and want to see this thur.. or wanting to see where the story goes to next...

That's a Short anime series called Plastic Nee-san it's kinda... inappropriate . _. but very funny.

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited August 2017
    not gonna lie, i go and sleep if i get overly stressed.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    edited August 2017
    This all depends...so many factors weighing in for me. What are my ambitions, really? What kind of mood am I in that day?

if I'm not in a good mood, I try to avoid scrolling/starforce, because anything to do with chance that fails will get me severely tilted, some times to the point where inanimate objects near me are in danger. I swear to god, some times I get to thinking maple is rigged AF, or % chances are buggy at best. Don't tell me you haven't thought the same after failing like fifteen 50% chance in a row. The odds of doing that are nearly impossible. Try flipping a coin and getting it to land on heads 15 times in a row. Just NO.

I often do not understand how some people can just chill through those times. It even used to be a lot worse. Remember when 30% dark scrolls were the road to separation between the gods and the insects?

I think perhaps they keep smoke-filled lungs or something. One of the chillest maplers I remember used to take smoke breaks a lot. Nothing phased that man. Maybe I should take up smoking when mapling, or at least when doing scrolling.