[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Magnificent soul event disappointing

UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
Reactions: 1,555
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in General Chat
This was my first time trying it out, and it was disappointing.. I had an impression of good results when they said 5x the chance to get magnificent soul but boy was it bad

In total I did about 200-300 soul shards and only received 2 magnificents!

These shards don't always drop so it takes a while to collect these shards, I feel like my effort were in vain here

wat do you guys think, I watched a video of someone having worse results opening 300+ shards so is this normal or is it actually worth waiting for this event? I may not want to bother with this again but it is my first time trying it so maybe its just bad luck?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    I just wish I could change the stat on my Magnificent soul...I got a Magic Attack roll...and I happen to main Demon Slayer. I got screwed over so hard...and I don't have any more soul shards...(I need to farm them better)
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I just wish I could change the stat on my Magnificent soul...I got a Magic Attack roll...and I happen to main Demon Slayer. I got screwed over so hard...and I don't have any more soul shards...(I need to farm them better)

That sucks lol, but the soul skill is still good right?
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    I got 2 mags from only using maybe 70 shards.

the event gives x5 the chance of a percentile that we dont know. for all we know it could have gone from 1% to 5% or from 0.01% to 0.05%. I'd say, if you want a better chance to get mag souls instead of having to get them from other players or the premium RNG boxes, then it is worth it, as the results are not better outside the event.
  • Nick008Nick008
    Reactions: 925
    edited August 2017
    I got 2 magnificent souls in 600+ souls. You were lucky!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »

That sucks lol, but the soul skill is still good right?

It's Magnus...so I guess.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited August 2017
    240 VL shards
    70 of emp and mag
    50 of the ra bosses
    plus 200 combined of the other ones zak/elite boss/ani/hilla/pb/ark

0 mag souls.

Hard to not feel bitter about your disappointment over your 2 mag souls considering I had over triple your shards. :/
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    KerBansot wrote: »
    240 VL shards
    70 of emp and mag
    50 of the ra bosses
    plus 200 combined of the other ones zak/elite boss/ani/hilla/pb/ark

0 mag souls.

Hard to not feel bitter about your disappointment over your 2 mag souls considering I had over triple your shards. :/

Damnn, honestly though the magnificent ones I got were trash lol, one was Pierre and the other is one of those elite bosses
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited August 2017
    Ya bro maplestory is not only maintenancestory it's also bugstory and gamblestory. And yet I still play it.
  • OrblitOrblit
    Reactions: 970
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I've still yet to get a single magnif. soul...take the 2 you got and don't say "disappointing".
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Orblit wrote: »
    I've still yet to get a single magnif. soul...take the 2 you got and don't say "disappointing".

Its still disappointing results