[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

RIP Festival box, this is why I hate myself

UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
Reactions: 1,555
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in General Chat
Keep telling myself "don't worry! I'll remember for sure!" and this is what I get...

Should've claimed the items the second I got the damn box

MAVM0nP.jpg
JettLuvsU

Comments

• KhonadeKhonade
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2017
    it wasnt even supposed to expire today, its supposed to expire next reset
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Khonade wrote: »
    it wasnt even supposed to expire today, its supposed to expire next reset

Wow you're right, wth.. i want me box back!!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    nah next reset it wouldve been the 16th in maple time. the box follows UTC time. so today's reset was it
  • KhonadeKhonade
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2017
    nah next reset it wouldve been the 16th in maple time. the box follows UTC time. so today's reset was it
    the festival event page said august 15th at 4:59, rn its august 14th
  • RezerbaRezerba
    Reactions: 830
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I didn't even get to accept mine yet...OTL

The quest to accept is there but it won't let me accept it.
    Says: "Please empty at least 1 Use Tab and come back."
    I have a bunch of empty slots in my use inventory.

Quick! Take pictures before they ninja edit the patch notes.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    Khonade wrote: »
    the festival event page said august 15th at 4:59, rn its august 14th

it's the 14th for GMS time but UTC time it's already the 15th UTC time 1:59 am tuesday, it would be the only reasonable explanation for it expiring today
  • xSuperCellxxSuperCellx
    Reactions: 480
    edited August 2017
    Hi friends, Made a bug report about it here http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/15471/unable-to-accept-all-in-one-gift-box#latest . The patch notes says it 15th UTC, but Festival Event Page and Event notifier in-game says it it ends tomorrow 16th UTC. iirc the event was pushed back 1 day, so I think they intended to extend the event by one day as well.
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2017
    Of course. The event list can't even be trusted because of UTC. In the end, every single time related issue leads back to UTC. There would be almost no event timing problems if any at all if it weren't for UTC. Nexon hasn't even kept their promises of "event time consistency starting July."

UTC is cancer. It's either Nexon changes back to an American timezone or we'll keep having to deal with these ridiculous inconsistencies. Because it's more than obvious now that Nexon can't even keep their promises to "make event times consistent" with UTC.
    Vimi
  • FuschiaFuschia
    Reactions: 905
    edited August 2017
    ugh I came here just to post this
    didn't even get to use any of the items.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Rolls wrote: »
    Of course. The event list can't even be trusted because of UTC. In the end, every single time related issue leads back to UTC. There would be almost no event timing problems if any at all if it weren't for UTC. Nexon hasn't even kept their promises of "event time consistency starting July."

UTC is cancer. It's either Nexon changes back to an American timezone or we'll keep having to deal with these ridiculous inconsistencies. Because it's more than obvious now that Nexon can't even keep their promises to "make event times consistent" with UTC.

To be fair, even before UTC, we had many many events that ended at 00:00 instead of 23:59 (on the "last day"), so 24 hours too early.
    JettLuvsU
  • VimiVimi
    Reactions: 1,760
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I was planning to claim the box today but now it keeps telling me to "Empty 1 Use Tab" even though all my inv slots have free space.

Well done Nexon, another event screwed up because of UTC.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I sent a ticket about it, didn't really get a solid answer if we getting another box but there was mention of looking out for an update on this problem