[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Marvel Ring

Goingcrazy1314Goingcrazy1314
Reactions: 320
edited August 2017 in General Chat
Thoughts on this firestarter ring?
https://imgur.com/a/j2MRE

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I'm concerned that it doesn't appear to be tradable (even once)

Otherwise I am excited to (try to) get it.

Hopefully arwoo can clarify if it's never tradable, and if not I would urge them to put it in a coupon like permanent htr to allow it to be tradable once.
  • InfinitFonduInfinitFondu
    Reactions: 530
    edited August 2017
    This seems like kind of a stupid release. If it just raises the current burning level of the current map by 1 per cast, people would just sell service, which inevitably would be pretty much worthless because of the rate at which burning decreases. Unless they're as rare as frenzy totems, this is just going to assure every map is burning 10 always.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »

Hopefully arwoo can clarify if it's never tradable, and if not I would urge them to put it in a coupon like permanent htr to allow it to be tradable once.

i wouldn't want these items tradeable because when players "sell" their winnings, they usually sell it for real money. The best thing I can think of it let the items be tradable within the account.
    Traveler5577SwordBoss
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited August 2017
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

i wouldn't want these items tradeable because when players "sell" their winnings, they usually sell it for real money. The best thing I can think of it let the items be tradable within the account.

When redeem it from marvel you get this ring as a coupon in use tab, and it will be tradeable until you use the coupon, its a cash equip so its gonna work same
    as permanent hyper teleport rock. also if using owl in free market you can see its a coupon.

My Thoughts on this ring? Unfair and lame.. It's like nexon knows about botting problem, which removing all the burning fields.. and they taking advantage on that by selling item to help you with that.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Oh look another pay to win item in the pay to win machine. Those are my thoughts.
    JettLuvsUSlicedTimeSwordBoss
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    Oh look another pay to win item in the pay to win machine. Those are my thoughts.

Would you rather it be a pay to play game and free to win?
    If so would it be a subscription type of pay to play? if so, how much would you be willing to pay to play per month?

Maplestory is probably their most popular game which means they need to make money in some form from their popular game.
    JettLuvsU
  • SwordBossSwordBoss
    Reactions: 815
    edited August 2017

If so would it be a subscription type of pay to play? if so, how much would you be willing to pay to play per month?

Maplestory is probably their most popular game which means they need to make money in some form from their popular game.

Definitely. Then you wouldn't have to dish out $1,000+ at once in main servers to 3rd party sources to reach endgame.
    edited August 2017
    SwordBoss wrote: »

Definitely. Then you wouldn't have to dish out $1,000+ at once in main servers to 3rd party sources to reach endgame.

Third party sources are unaffiliated with Nexon. If youre spending 1000+ towards those third party sites, none of that money goes to Nexon. Like I said, what is a reasonable price to pay per month then ?
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    15/month
    edited August 2017
    15/month

Thats unreasonable. For free "winning" items. 15 is a pack of 12 cubes. +-
  • Seena787Seena787
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Not really all that useful
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2017
    I think most would prefer a sub if it means they can avoid all the p2w rng crap in the game. Free to play model will always be more expensive and it's designed in such a way where it makes tasks take way longer or restricts certain content to make you pay.
  • RaindewRaindew
    Reactions: 1,030
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    This seems like kind of a stupid release. If it just raises the current burning level of the current map by 1 per cast, people would just sell service, which inevitably would be pretty much worthless because of the rate at which burning decreases. Unless they're as rare as frenzy totems, this is just going to assure every map is burning 10 always.

the ring skill resets the burning field back to 100%.
    Cooldown is 30 minutes.

Burning goes down every 15 minutes = 90% burning map for holder.
    DarkPassenger
  • TheToxicDudeFromReneTheToxicDudeFromRene
    Reactions: 845
    edited August 2017
    Don't like pay2win? Play Reboot. Literally any other answer / rant is completely silly and meaningless xD Reboot takes all the pay2win out of it. Unless of course you are a lazy, entitled individual whom wants to pay for boss runs / Kanna service. Which apparently people do :3