[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Help with deciding what job to burn lumi or evan?

AkiroAkiro
Reactions: 860
edited August 2017 in General Chat
Idk who to burn during the next burning event in a few days. I want to make a lumi for the link skill and I heard it's pretty fun and I might be getting him to level 200+. I want to make an evan kinda for the link skill and I might want to play it a bit more than lumi. Can anyone offer their opinions on these classes or their pros and cons?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    If its more for Link skills...burn the Evan, that will help you train all of your characters with the link skill.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    Luminous is a great farmer and bosser. Plus the link skill is nice. the training will go by fast too.
  • BowmaNxNLBowmaNxNL
    Reactions: 1,250
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I'd say burn your evan, the link skill will help all your other link mules faster. Also, a lumi levels way easier than an evan and thus you can train it more easily without a burning event :)
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited August 2017
    how evans link skills uses runes??? i say get your aran done. her link skill combos gives alot more % experience in... i was going to do evan next thou...
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    how evans link skills uses runes??? i say get your aran done. her link skill combos gives alot more % experience in... i was going to do evan next thou...

If you have more rune time it gives you longer use of rune when fighting bosses like zakum for instance. Which grants quite a bit boost when stacked with other exp buffs.. Also handy when grinding and would be better than Arans combo orb at present as you don't stay on maps that long.especially if you go in a portal you will lose that combo, whereas runes would keep going. (Although combo will keep in a later patch.

But honestly they are both important
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    The only thing about the runes is the 15 minute cool down
  • RollsRolls
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited August 2017
    Luminous is slow as hell and feels horrible to level without burning. I'd do that instead.
  • LeeTbeatsLeeTbeats
    Reactions: 1,820
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    i'd also do Lumi
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited August 2017
    As stated previously if you're aiming for links go ahead and burn an evan, however if you don't care too much about the link take a lumi. They mob like craaaazy for fast leveling.