[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Pets For Meso

bazzybazzy
Reactions: 1,525
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
When Reboot was created, the server was based around the "free to play" aspect. But there was a big "flaw" or issue with this free to play aspect. Pets cost NX. Because this server is about farming meso, pets were essential. For free to play players, a 5 hour snail is no where near enough to do Hard Hilla for Blackheart. This issue rose the question "Is Reboot free to play anymore?" Yes, your money gain from Reboot will drop substantially low, but the community mostly agrees that pets for meso are a great convinience.
  1. Pets for meso?39 votes
    1. Yes
       92% (36 votes)
    2. No
       8% (3 votes)

Comments

• HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    That's a good idea, but how Much Mesos tho...
    If it's Cheap Most players wouldn't try to spend $$$ on Pets on Reboot.
    The way i see it, it's one of the few ways Nexon is Making Money on Reboot o_o
    If it's too Expensive then... well that 5 hour pet won't last you long either :/
    (Tbh nothing's gonna be Cheap... if it's 200 mil then People that are committed into Reboot could get that within a week? With magical Potions (wealth potion) Kishin, and Meso Gear.

Also It's Reboot... even tho i don't play Reboot that much, i heard stories of people in Reboot just Asking for Carries for Bosses (Hellux, CRA, etc.)

Plus Reboot is a HUGE community, Asking for a Carry might be hard.. but i'm sure there's always that someone that's willing to help.

But maybe... a Pet you could Purchase ONE time couldnt be bad :/, so players could just get that pet and just buy Water of Life.

Plus it's Reboot, I saw Reboot as a place that COULD be a place where some group of players would join together to Fight a Boss. Since Having to get Everything Alone seems.... hard. Making Friends along the way, the bestest Story *^*

but since The game isn't like that i see your point :/

• ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited August 2017
    Eh, I don't know
    It just doesn't feel right having a pet be sold for mesos
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Eh, I don't know

Why does it feel any less "right" than cubes, character slots, or hyper tele rocks for meso?

Reboot was supposed to be the server with "no advantage by paying cash."
    Pets, and pet skills, are a definite advantage, if not an outright necessity.

Note that the pet from Hilla does not negate the fact that pets for NX are an advantage to paying customers. If it did, then by the same logic Reboot could have cubes for NX (because cubes also drop free from bosses) and Meso Sacks for NX (since meso drops freely in the game).

• HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Eh, I don't know

Why does it feel any less "right" than cubes, character slots, or hyper tele rocks for meso?

Note that the pet from Hilla does not negate the fact that pets for NX are an advantage to paying customers. If it did, then by the same logic Reboot could have cubes for NX (because cubes also drop free from bosses) and Meso Sacks for NX (since meso drops freely in the game).

but then... how would nexon afford to keep the servers up p_p, they gotta make money somehow... like Reboot is the most populated world rn... they gotta make money... for more fun content and patches and stuff c:

• LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    HoneyWater wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Eh, I don't know

but then... how would nexon afford to keep the servers up p_p, they gotta make money somehow... like Reboot is the most populated world rn... they gotta make money... for more fun content and patches and stuff c:

You do realize people spend more money on clothing and anvils rather than pets right? Even if pets were mesos, they would still make money off of cosmetics. Pets are cheap and they don't really help nexon as much as cosmetics.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I guess that's true o_o, then i wonder why they haven't made them mesos then...

but i always thought people who moved to Reboot didn't want to spend Money on the game... so i thought they wouldn't really want to spend money on Cosmetic's and stuff... but more on Pets and items o3o

but oh well
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    HoneyWater wrote: »

You know, Nexon prides itself on being a pioneer of free-to-play gaming.
    When all the other companies were charging purchase fees and subscription fees, Nexon adopted (they claim to have practically invented) the idea of free to play with microtransactions.

Yet now, they show no faith in that model. Pets in Reboot are practically a subscription fee, especially with the lack of direct-purchase perm pets and the lack of Water of Life in the Rewards Shop (which normal servers have). Pay ~$10 a year per character if you want it to have more than basic looting (from Hilla's pet).

"We need money" is a poor excuse. What next, "We need money so we're going to bring Marvel to Reboot?"
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    I just want a dang pet revive in Reward points...seriously...or mesos. Mesos works too.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    It's a good idea, but I don't see it actually happening.
  • matrixphijrmatrixphijr
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2017
    Personally, I think more bosses than Hilla should have pets as drops. Not only do I want a mini-Zakum or -Horntail following me around (they don't have to be miniature versions of the boss, of course, but those two are just silly enough ideas that I want them), it seems stupid that she's the only one. If you're gonna have one, you might as well have more than one.
  • SolunarianSolunarian
    Reactions: 880
    edited August 2017
    I like this idea, since if it was in the 100mil-300mil range of price, the reboot starting packages could help new players set up a meso farming character, and players would be able to get more meso to pay off the pet's price and get more mesos to buy items like cubes, hyper teleport rocks, and other items.
  • ZeroBluxZeroBlux
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited August 2017
    I want to add on to this by saying "Can we buy the pet snack for mesos too"
    If you want more then 1 pet you need to buy the pet snack and that costs 2500 NX. Even if you get your pets for free, you still need to pay NX if you want to equip more than 1.
  • GothoritaGothorita
    Reactions: 580
    edited August 2017
    I think a system similar to hyper teleport rocks for pets would work well. A 1 day pet for 5mil, 3 day for 13mil and 1 week for 25mil (of course the prices can be raised if deemed necessary). And then Nexon can introduce perm pet packages for 14k and remove the RNG pet boxes. Of course this has its flaws, like basically removing the purpose of water of life, and will probably make Nexon lose some money. With some balances this system could work out.