[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Are GMs even active at non-peak hours?

mboesmboes
Reactions: 860
edited August 2017 in General Chat
Just wondering because I tend to see a ton of hackers/botters during the non-peak hours (since I'm Australian), and I assume they do it then because GMs are American (or European for the Europe server) and would be asleep along with most of the rest of the playerbase. So does reporting hackers even do anything if there isn't an active GM team for off-peak times? I imagine they might only be able to tail reported players around peak hours, but I've seen quite a few hackers with a bunch of cash cosmetics and in high ranked guilds, so they would probably just be playing "normally" during that time and botting at night, meaning they won't get caught red handed by GMs. I'm at a loss here.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    As far as I can tell, GMs are as active during non-peak hours as they are during peak hours.
    Fennekin
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    can you go below 0
    FennekinLilyflower
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited August 2017
    I don't know, none of us can.

I've reported maybe less than 10 times cause there's too many to bother but no GM's ever showed up. I have falsely been kicked for "the HACK reason" over 5 times though. So at least they're doing something, even if that something is faulty. /s

And if you ever step into Henesys Ch 1 there's at least a total of 10-20 bots/hackers that announce they're selling mesos on whatever site. Not that hard to just walk in there, right-click each bot and delete them... or maybe it is.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I've reported maybe less than 10 times cause there's too many to bother but no GM's ever showed up. I have falsely been kicked for "the HACK reason" over 5 times though. So at least they're doing something, even if that something is faulty. /s

The kicking "for the HACK reason" is automated.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2017
    Are they active as in around? Yes. (I know this because I notice fm get cleared of gold spammers even at off peak hours)
    Is there enough? Probably not.
    Are they looking in the right areas? Probably not.

Arcane river is infested with players botting for nodestones and trying to get to 250. Now they have infested some of the best training maps at Arcana. They aren't even macroing anymore. Almost all of them hack. Despite this they are not banned and majority have made it to 250 or are 240+ currently. I'd advise GMs patrol Arcana a bit as you will find many 230-240+ players hacking.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    I'd advise GMs patrol Arcana a bit as you will find many 230-240+ players hacking.

Good luck with that the botters have a $100 add-on with their bot that allows them to safely bot up to level 250 without being caught by a GM, as soon as a GM logins to the world the botter is in the program kills the bot and waits for the GM to log out then the program logs the botter back in.

I assume their is a RAT that works or worked for nexon and leaked Intel on how GM's are logged in or something I'm not sure how the program detects GM's logged into the game but it does.

In that case, all Nexon needs to do is keep a GM in-game 24/7 (like they keep telling us they do...), and the bots will never train/farm.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited August 2017
    Would be nice if having one account only why? Because if a botter gets banned or hacker gets banned they can't create another account! And this why were seeing so many botters and hackers 24/7.
  • EkichanEkichan
    Reactions: 310
    edited August 2017
    Peep wrote: »
    I'd advise GMs patrol Arcana a bit as you will find many 230-240+ players hacking.

Good luck with that the botters have a $100 add-on with their bot that allows them to safely bot up to level 250 without being caught by a GM, as soon as a GM logins to the world the botter is in the program kills the bot and waits for the GM to log out then the program logs the botter back in.

I assume their is a RAT that works or worked for nexon and leaked Intel on how GM's are logged in or something I'm not sure how the program detects GM's logged into the game but it does.

How do you know there is a 100$ add-on?