[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

So do we accept losses because of instability?

EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
Reactions: 815
edited August 2017 in General Chat
Let's say I use 2 golden hammers on a gollux pendant and trade it for scroll service. It loses both hammer slots for some odd reason. We all go "wtf?" and we suffer the loss.
Oh well, minor deal, can't do anything about it, move on.

Let's say I use a 2x coupon buff & start grinding. Maple crashes (and is the only game to ever crash as often as 5+ times in a single day) and I lose the buff. Oh well?

Why is this something we have to come to accept? Is nothing being done to fix it?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2017
    You won't be compensated for losses due to in-game systems; failing a golden hammer upgrade is not a bug, it's just bad luck.
    The Tune-up update will make some drop coupons survive disconnection. Any particularly bad server issues can be passed along to Nexon, who can investigate it.
    DeeMon wrote: »
    nexon just doesn't give a **** anymore, dood. Better to just do what you can/want to do and move onto something else/better.

Your attitude has gotten particular toxic lately, please be more constructive in the future, otherwise you're just excessively Nexon-bashing.
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    edited August 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    You won't be compensated for losses due to in-game systems; failing a golden hammer upgrade is not a bug, it's just bad luck.
    The Tune-up update will make some drop coupons survive disconnection. Any particularly bad server issues can be passed along to Nexon, who can investigate it.
    DeeMon wrote: »
    nexon just doesn't give a **** anymore, dood. Better to just do what you can/want to do and move onto something else/better.

Your attitude has gotten particular toxic lately, please be more constructive in the future, otherwise you're just excessively Nexon-bashing.

Lately? Are you serious? I understand that I haven't been laid out each bug in the format that they want us to but we are not the tech support, it is not our job to find and fix these bugs. I've had to deal with a constant stream of disconnects, keyboard freezing up, losing EXP @ high levels and essentially losing time and money because of an unstable game with zero support feedback.

This is what I mean by "support staff" failing to read into the details stated. No, the golden hammer did not fail. It is impossible to not increase the amount of slots you have even if it does fail. All it means is that a person will have to clean slate scroll it until they get the slots back, but no, it went from Hammers Applied: 2(MAX) to Hammers Applied: 0.

I understand I won't be compensated for something that shouldn't happen because it has been made apparent that our complaints aren't worth the time. Why would it be? If the support staff can't even bother to actually read and understand the complaints that are being put forth, that just goes to show that our complaints are falling upon deaf ears.

What is there to be constructive about without sounding like a smart-ass? What are the reasons for the lack of any GM in-game that can't even bother to get rid of the consistent and constant spammers who actually buy NX to share their meso-selling websites? Is there some kind of difficulty that I'm unaware of? What about the hackers that flood every channel in hot spots that are literally there for over 6 hours a day?

When you leave your playerbase in the dust, make changes even against their consensus, have a highly unstable game while putting up a pay-wall filled with RNG/gambling at every turning point, how is it that we are "toxic"? Are you joking me?

It's not bashing if I'm actually criticizing things that aren't being fixed or even addressed for that matter. There is no room for constructive criticism when lag spikes, keyboard freezing up & disconnects are an inherent part of the game. Meanwhile these other random bugs that cause item loss in some form or another just add onto the cake.

I paid money to buy pets, auto HP/MP in order to avoid dying due to lag-spikes and keyboard freezing. Yet I still die because the way its coded, the pet fails to heal during that lag-spike & I lose exp. Billions. Yet not a whisper from Nexon. No mention of what they'll do to circumvent this issue or how they'll compensate us. Why should we spend money in order to prevent dying in a manner that shouldn't occur?
    g9100
    edited August 2017
    I tried to enter Chaos Horntail with a bunch of EXP bonuses to power level and nope, gotta crash again for the 10th time.

Didn't matter that the 2x coupons I got was from marvel or that I spent money on it...
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Lately? Are you serious? I understand that I haven't been laid out each bug in the format that they want us to but we are not the tech support, it is not our job to find and fix these bugs. I've had to deal with a constant stream of disconnects, keyboard freezing up, losing EXP @ high levels and essentially losing time and money because of an unstable game with zero support feedback.

This is what I mean by "support staff" failing to read into the details stated. No, the golden hammer did not fail. It is impossible to not increase the amount of slots you have even if it does fail. All it means is that a person will have to clean slate scroll it until they get the slots back, but no, it went from Hammers Applied: 2(MAX) to Hammers Applied: 0.

I understand I won't be compensated for something that shouldn't happen because it has been made apparent that our complaints aren't worth the time. Why would it be? If the support staff can't even bother to actually read and understand the complaints that are being put forth, that just goes to show that our complaints are falling upon deaf ears.

What is there to be constructive about without sounding like a smart-ass? What are the reasons for the lack of any GM in-game that can't even bother to get rid of the consistent and constant spammers who actually buy NX to share their meso-selling websites? Is there some kind of difficulty that I'm unaware of? What about the hackers that flood every channel in hot spots that are literally there for over 6 hours a day?

When you leave your playerbase in the dust, make changes even against their consensus, have a highly unstable game while putting up a pay-wall filled with RNG/gambling at every turning point, how is it that we are "toxic"? Are you joking me?

It's not bashing if I'm actually criticizing things that aren't being fixed or even addressed for that matter. There is no room for constructive criticism when lag spikes, keyboard freezing up & disconnects are an inherent part of the game. Meanwhile these other random bugs that cause item loss in some form or another just add onto the cake.

I paid money to buy pets, auto HP/MP in order to avoid dying due to lag-spikes and keyboard freezing. Yet I still die because the way its coded, the pet fails to heal during that lag-spike & I lose exp. Billions. Yet not a whisper from Nexon. No mention of what they'll do to circumvent this issue or how they'll compensate us. Why should we spend money in order to prevent dying in a manner that shouldn't occur?

I was speaking to DeeMon, whose recent posts have all been carbon-copies of "Nexon doesn't care dood" or some rude variant thereof.

I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post, but calling me a "smart-ass" is what's toxic, not your complaints. You can give constructive criticism and be polite, yelling at every staff member who tries to respond is just ranting, and helps absolutely nothing.

I've never seen a clean slate scroll wipe hammers, and I've been trying to CSS my CRA bottoms every chance I can get. Are you absolutely sure you didn't use an innocence scroll? Or that whoever used the scroll for you didn't use an innocence scroll?

I can try to help you with your problems, I can't solve everything, sorry.

Edit: After asking around about the intricacies of the CSS system, this is not a bug (at least not a reproducable one that anyone has reported).
    A clean slate scroll will, if successful, free up any failed hammer slots, it will not wipe successful hammers. Whoever did the scroll service for you most likely used an innocence scroll instead, which wipes everything.
    2 people I asked confirmed it: not a bug
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I'm sorry if I misunderstood your post, but calling me a "smart-ass" is what's toxic, not your complaints. You can give constructive criticism and be polite, yelling at every staff member who tries to respond is just ranting, and helps absolutely nothing.

I've never seen a clean slate scroll wipe hammers, and I've been trying to CSS my CRA bottoms every chance I can get. Are you absolutely sure you didn't use an innocence scroll? Or that whoever used the scroll for you didn't use an innocence scroll?

Edit: After asking around about the intricacies of the CSS system, this is not a bug (at least not a reproducable one that anyone has reported).
    A clean slate scroll will, if successful, free up any failed hammer slots, it will not wipe successful hammers. Whoever did the scroll service for you most likely used an innocence scroll instead, which wipes everything.

OP didn't say it was a bug, they said it was due to server instability. So I assume they're talking about a "mini-rollback" due to channel crash.
    And I suppose they're lucky to have only lost the hammers. I've heard of people losing items that they were in the process of trading or moving to/from storage, when the channel crashed.

Also, when people talk about "scroll service" for a Gollux Pendant, they usually mean Gollux scrolls, not clean slates.
    EfficientlyLazy
    edited August 2017

I was speaking to DeeMon, whose recent posts have all been carbon-copies of "Nexon doesn't care dood" or some rude variant thereof.

My apologies for that part then. I have just been bottling up all these moments of frustrations and having to deal with something as consistently annoying as having my keyboard freeze up only remedied by unplugging/replugging (tested different keyboard models & games, maplestory is the only program that causes this problem) that interferes with training/bossing or even alt-tabbing PLUS a multitude of many other things is just making me wonder why I play this game and how much longer we have to deal with it.

I've seen my friends pour in thousands of dollars into this game and I've seen other games like Warframe with high-end graphics, stability & less pay-walls with RNG micro transactions somehow manage to prevent things like this from happening, so I suppose you could say my (and other free-to-play players) expectations have increased. But not to an unreasonable degree, as there is literally no other game I've played on this PC that has had this many issues where it actually causes me to lose money due to an error/glitch in the system.

I didn't call you a smart-ass. I try and type as clearly as possible and sometimes I wonder if you guys care enough to really bother reading what is being said instead of skimping over our posts. I said, "What is there to be constructive about without sounding like a smart-ass?". Because half of what I point out is hands-down game-breaking & the only thing that keeps me going is due to IRL friends wanting me to play the game with them. Otherwise I'd say it's a complete waste of money given how thousands of people gamble away their money only to have a game that's barely stable enough to run, that also needs frequent maintenances which also earned it the name maintenancestory. This has been an issue since back in 2007 whenever this game started.

Yes, I am absolutely sure I did not use an innocent scroll nor did I need to. Not only did the hammers not fail, both of them succeeded in saying, "increased additional upgrade slot by 1". I was using them on the only Superior Engraved Gollux Pendant I had in my inventory and scanned over every single other item after we noticed that there were no hammer slots on the pendant I traded with a guildmate/friend who was scroll servicing for me. He is very reputable and has scroll serviced other items multiple times. On top of that, there was no reason to CSS my pendant because that isn't part of the scroll service, only the Gollux scrolls. By the time he had used 6 Gollux scrolls he noticed there were no additional slots. He traded theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

^
    I'm going to leave that there because that's what happens to my keyboard with maple running even when alt-tabbed. It just freezes and spams the last key pressed until I unplug/replug. Pain in the ass to deal with, shouldn't have to deal with it.

Anyways. He traded the pendant back to one of my IRL friends who was paying for the scroll service & the one who was also helping me CSS the failed slots. When it was all done and finished, my IRL friend then traded the pendant back to me, to which it said Hammers Applied: 0 when it originally said Hammers Applied: 2(MAX).

Again, no other inventory had hammers applied to it. It was the exact same pendant with the same crappy epic potential lines. It would make absolutely zero sense for a trusted guildmate/friend to randomly cube/innocent-scroll or mess around with my item. I highly doubt that it was due to some sort of failure as an innocent scroll would have reset the successful Gollux scrolls that worked during the service. No, something happened during the trade in which the hammer slots were lost.

I know that you cannot comprehend in-game code failing and producing mind-boggling glitches such as gaining so much EXP that instead of gaining the amount you're supposed to, you gain a big whopping 0. But such bugs do exist, and I'm telling you what happened.

There is no reason to innocent scroll an item that has all slots available. An innocent scroll that is applied after successful scrolls will wipe everything. The successful enchantments were not wiped, meaning only CSS were used. Hammer slots disappeared. End. Of. Story. I cannot make this point any clearer, call me a liar, tell us that we're wrong and the coding is right. This only verifies that what we say doesn't matter.

I'm glad that you asked, but you didn't accept the possibility that you guys are wrong, or that an error occurred on the server-side of things since I explained how ridiculous it would be for any of us to make that mistake. 8 slots. All slots available. Traded for Gollux scroll service. CSS used. After they finished upgrading to +6 with Gollux scrolls, they traded it back to me. Hammer slots were gone. Enhancements were still there. Tell me why anyone would innocent scroll an item with successful enchantments only to re-do it over again? No reason at all. No mistakes were made.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    You have massive walls of text - so It's very difficult for me to read this. I'll just ask questions;

1) You had hammer slots applied to the pendant?
    2) How many successful scrolls were applied to the pendant before the CSS process began?

What it looks like is that the CSS removed the failed slots and this is why it says 0 are applied.

0 hammers? I don't think CSS can ever remove hammer slots. If a hammer fails (or the scroll applied to the hammer slot fails), the css doesn't undo the hammer being applied; it just gives the slot the hammer should have given. Like, say I have a clean sup gollux ring with two failed hammers (so 6 upgrades remaining, can't hammer anymore). I css the two failed hammers, and now it says 8 upgrades remaining, without me having to apply another pair of hammers. At least, that's been my experience with hammers iirc.

Dunno if I'm following the conversation correctly though lol. This whole thread is confusing.
    EfficientlyLazy
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017

^
    I'm going to leave that there because that's what happens to my keyboard with maple running even when alt-tabbed. It just freezes and spams the last key pressed until I unplug/replug. Pain in the ass to deal with, shouldn't have to deal with it.

Anyways. He traded the pendant back to one of my IRL friends who was paying for the scroll service & the one who was also helping me CSS the failed slots. When it was all done and finished, my IRL friend then traded the pendant back to me, to which it said Hammers Applied: 0 when it originally said Hammers Applied: 2(MAX).

Again, no other inventory had hammers applied to it. It was the exact same pendant with the same crappy epic potential lines. It would make absolutely zero sense for a trusted guildmate/friend to randomly cube/innocent-scroll or mess around with my item. I highly doubt that it was due to some sort of failure as an innocent scroll would have reset the successful Gollux scrolls that worked during the service. No, something happened during the trade in which the hammer slots were lost.

You have massive walls of text - so It's very difficult for me to read this. I'll just ask questions;

2) How many successful scrolls were applied to the pendant before the CSS process began?

What it looks like is that the CSS removed the failed slots and this is why it says 0 are applied.

CSS's dont remove hammered slots, that's what Innocent scrolls do.
    CSS's can give you back a usable slot if you failed a hammer though.
    EfficientlyLazy
    edited August 2017

^

Well one guy wants constructive criticism and doesn't read or believe what is being said, so either you're going to have to take my word for it, or deal with the wall of text.

Yes, I had hammer slots applied to the pendant. It does not matter if it fails or succeeds, the slots will still be applied regardless. In this case, both hammer slots succeeded so no CSS were needed prior to trading for the scroll service. It had 8 upgrade slots available due to both hammers succeeding. It stated that it worked. I quadriple checked everything and I always do before messing around with any item.

It doesn't matter because CSS do not and should not remove hammer slots, ever. The hammer slots were lost upon trade with the guildmate.
    I believe that 4 scrolls were successful out of 6 used (supposed to be 8), due to the extra slots vanishing randomly.
    Fennekin wrote: »

0 hammers? I don't think CSS can ever remove hammer slots. If a hammer fails (or the scroll applied to the hammer slot fails), the css doesn't undo the hammer being applied; it just gives the slot the hammer should have given. Like, say I have a clean sup gollux ring with two failed hammers (so 6 upgrades remaining, can't hammer anymore). I css the two failed hammers, and now it says 8 upgrades remaining, without me having to apply another pair of hammers. At least, that's been my experience with hammers iirc.

Dunno if I'm following the conversation correctly though lol. This whole thread is confusing.

Exactly. I asked this and researched this question before messing around with items and the only conclusion is that an error occurred server-side. It isn't even this specific issue that is a problem, it's the icing on the cake. 50 mil is chump change now, what's important is time & money. But when I disconnect 5, 6 times, wasting valid 2x/3x exp coupons that I buy with real money, when I have my keyboard freeze up 20 times in a single setting, when all these things keep happening it means that the game is unstable. When games are unstable, the companies behind them (if they care about reputation or their clients) tend to compensate their customer-base, especially when their customers spend upwards of 100-100,000 dollars on this game just to gamble for some pixels.

The least Nexon can do is be more transparent and actually give something back that is useful/rewarding when we keep losing money & time. It takes hours to gain exp and losing it because of lag-spikes, keyboard disconnects or whatever bug comes next is just a slap in the face. "Here let me take your money with a bunch of RNG micro transactions and then force you to have a plethora of technical issues because they're an inherent part of the game.

If you can't fix the problem because the game is old and the coding is too much to deal with, then give back to the player-base. Give back what we pour money into and lose due to in-game errors and instability.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited August 2017
    Not sure why it happened to you. This game is "very" stable for me lately. Which world you have trouble with?
  • DominikosDominikos
    Reactions: 625
    edited August 2017

well what is your point?, We do not lie, nexon has bad service and "yes" they do not care, how many bug reports we have done and ignore, the boxes of tier 1,2,3,4 are glitched and not if it was not a bug they should warn of Do not take the boxes in their respective chars-.
    edited August 2017
    nenenenene wrote: »
    Not sure why it happened to you. This game is "very" stable for me lately. Which world you have trouble with?

Scania.

To be clear, I know how CSS + Hammers work. I was listing what it appears the user said happened.
    Exactly. I asked this and researched this question before messing around with items and the only conclusion is that an error occurred server-side. It isn't even this specific issue that is a problem, it's the icing on the cake. 50 mil is chump change now, what's important is time & money. But when I disconnect 5, 6 times, wasting valid 2x/3x exp coupons that I buy with real money, when I have my keyboard freeze up 20 times in a single setting, when all these things keep happening it means that the game is unstable. When games are unstable, the companies behind them (if they care about reputation or their clients) tend to compensate their customer-base, especially when their customers spend upwards of 100-100,000 dollars on this game just to gamble for some pixels.

The least Nexon can do is be more transparent and actually give something back that is useful/rewarding when we keep losing money & time. It takes hours to gain exp and losing it because of lag-spikes, keyboard disconnects or whatever bug comes next is just a slap in the face. "Here let me take your money with a bunch of RNG micro transactions and then force you to have a plethora of technical issues because they're an inherent part of the game.

If you can't fix the problem because the game is old and the coding is too much to deal with, then give back to the player-base. Give back what we pour money into and lose due to in-game errors and instability.

I think the main issue is that nobody really understands what you're trying to say has happened. You go from the issue to the lag, to the compensation, to the exp loss. I've had a few people read this and several people are having a hard time understanding you.

Are you sure they returned you the correct pendant? The only thing I can conclude if you're positive about the rest is that you crashed/server crashed during your trade and you experienced a minor rollback on your progress. If the latter is the issue, due to the progress being lost from the server there is no data present to issue a compensation.

I'd also note that we're experienced users who help a lot of players on a daily basis.. calling us names because we can't understand you isn't being productive or helping anyone.

Most likely due to the fact that this is an obscure situation that is difficult to explain. I'm not understanding how you're not understanding my posts. I spoke separately on different issues, explaining one issue after another.

I'm telling you that this error happened on the server-side of things. No he did not give me back the wrong pendant, please re-read the exact sequence of events or don't. You guys keep saying that we made a mistake so I have to double-back and re-explain why these mistakes didn't happen. It was the exact, same pendant. Exact same. CSS do not wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipe (keyboard froze again with maplestory running) successful or failed hammer upgrades.

The point is is that these types of set-backs, the ingame errors, the crashes and disconnects, the keyboard freezing up, the deaths and losses of billions of exp/time due to lag & keyboard freezing up, losing random hammer slots, etc, they all make this game unstable and near unplayable. Even alpha games run more smoothly than maple does half the time.

My second point is that these frequency of bugs & set-backs are quite inherent to maplestory. They aren't going away any time soon. The lag spikes, my keyboard freezing, my deaths and loss of time and money, my friends just say, "that's maplestory for you" but I don't agree with this business model. If a company is going to be extremely greedy with micro transactions while letting an old game of theirs turn into a complete cash cow, then at least have the decency to compensate the players that waste hours trying to complete things in the game without technical interference.

Again, you keep thinking that there is no possible way that Nexon could have an error in their coding when something specific happens. I get that you want more evidence but it isn't reasonable for your player-base to be forced to video record their entire venture while playing maplestory. That is a job for the company and its staff. We give you feedback and let you know of bugs that may or may not exist. The company should take that feedback and look into these bugs/errors themselves, instead of forcing its players to do the work for them, essentially for free. That is somewhat despicably shady from a business standpoint and that excludes the pay-wall of gambling.

The only thing I can conclude is that my guildmate (leader), friend and myself are telling the truth and have done this several times. No, we did not blackout and have memory failure. I hammered the pendant. Both worked. I traded it. The slots were immediately lost upon trade. Yes, the pendant is the exact same pendant. No, our guild leader did not randomly innocent scroll an item that already had all slots available. No, our guild leader did not use scrolls on a different pendant with the exact same poteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetial lines (keyboard froze again. Seriously, imagine how annoying this is when you're playing a game. Or even typing a message. It makes it quite unplayable). No, none of us disconnected or had a setback.

There shouldn't have to be visible data to give compensation. You can see how much NX we've spent. You can see the issues I'm presently dealing with. You can give some iota of trust towards your playerbase that spends hundreds - thousands of dollars on something like a marvel event. You (Nexon) should be aware of the current issues that cause instability and work towards fixing them as well as ensuring that those who are affected, receive compensation.

You have still not told me why I should accept that maplestory is the only game or program to ever cause multiple of my keyboard models to freeze up like this.
    You have not told me why I, along with others, should suffer the consequences of losing literally billions of exp = hours of time spent grinding, just because our keyboard freezes or because the game isn't stable enough in certain servers to handle the traffick therefore lagspike = death.
    I can come up with many different ways that these simple errors interfere with an individual's ability to play the game properly, without wasting time restarting the program or unplugging and replugging their keyboard.

We should not have to accept this as being part of the game. I should not turn to my friend and say, "yep, that's maplestory for us."............................................................. (keyboard froze for the 3rd time in 10 minutes, not an uncommon occurrence).

You might be asking, "why not quit?". Well sadly it's the game my friends are currently playing and they've helped fund me so I'm stuck in a bit of a pickle.

Also, I'm asking for the open-discussion of being compensated due to the following reasons given above. That doesn't seem too much to ask does it? As a frequent/daily player who spends upwards of over 30 minutes pulling out his computer to unplug/replug the keyboard and whatnot while still putting money towards the game, I feel that my reasons are well supported. I believe that we shouldn't have to deal with it.

edited August 2017
    I also never called anyone names. The only time I used a somewhat derogatory term was when I said "smart-ass" but that was in reference to myself.

No names were called... lying about the situation and skimping over detailed posts is not productive either. You're probably reading someone else's post and mistakenly assumed that it was me, which again proves my point as to how "support" staff fail to really read what is being said.

I should just be part of the god damn support staff, but not for free.
    edited August 2017

Yes, it's confusing because from the get-go any representative of Nexon refuses to accept the possibility that it wasn't due to player-error but rather a coding one. I have mentioned another huge bug that has been experienced by other players, one where if you accumulate too much EXP at once, you net 0 instead of the intended amount.

And AlexF has just contradicted himself about his knowledge on how CSS work.

First, he made this statement: What it looks like is that the CSS removed the failed slots and this is why it says 0 are applied.

Then he made this statement: To be clear, I know how CSS + Hammers work. I was listing what it appears the user said happened.

Conflicting statements. Alex, either you know how CSS works or you don't. It seems that you do not know how they work, which is why you told me that it looks like CSS removed the failed slots and "that is why it says 0 are applied".

But if you know how CSS works, then you would realize that it is impossible to remove failed slots with CSS & none were even initially used because that isn't part of a standard scroll service and both hammer upgrades worked! It is impossible to CSS an item with all upgrade slots available. CSS do not wipe successful enchantments or hammer slots, they only restore lost/failed slots. The only thing that could wipe hammer slots is an innocent scroll, and I laid out all the reasons why an innocent scroll wasn't needed or why it would be absolutely mindbogglingly silly to use.

I'll try this one last time.

2 Hammers were applied to a Superior Gollux Engraved Pendant. Both worked (even if they didn't, the hammers would still be applied but the slots would be used).
    Traded it to (keyboard freeze) our guild leader who is very trusted and has done scroll service for plenty of people. Scroll service starts. Some fail, some work. The pendant was traded to a 3rd person (my friend) who was helping CSS.

They both noticed that there were no hammer slots applied and asked me if I had hammered it. I told them yes. We all quadruple-checked our items and no other item was mistakenly used. The potential lines on that pendant were also the exact same.

P.S. Every time my keyboard freezes I'll tell you in brackets when and where it froze so you have a gist of simply how frustrating it is to deal with.
  • MjaumjaukittenzMjaumjaukittenz
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Let's say I use 2 golden hammers on a gollux pendant and trade it for scroll service. It loses both hammer slots for some odd reason. We all go "wtf?" and we suffer the loss.
    Oh well, minor deal, can't do anything about it, move on.

Let's say I use a 2x coupon buff & start grinding. Maple crashes (and is the only game to ever crash as often as 5+ times in a single day) and I lose the buff. Oh well?

Why is this something we have to come to accept? Is nothing being done to fix it?

Probably been said by now, I cba to read everything cause long essays in the thread, go to Nexons website, click the new patch and then just scroll where theres a blue button, read it.