[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Class Contest

ICryWolfICryWolf
Reactions: 550
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
it would cool if there where a competition for players to come up with new maplestory classes, with histories, and skill ideas, just to give Nexon an idea about what type of characters the players want to see, for instance, I really want to see a Nova Archer class, that shoots dragon arrows.

-LOL funny thought, give a frenzy totem to the best three ideas submitted, will definitely get peoples attention that way LOL
MageOfBattlesAtlandiaJettLuvsU

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited August 2017
    I would so do this if it was a thing.
  • AtlandiaAtlandia
    Reactions: 940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I like the idea of a competition like this, hope this gains more exposure. I think this can help in creating new and unique jobs that many people would enjoy :)
  • AtlandiaAtlandia
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    One question though - I'm not sure how Nexon would add the classes if this contest were to take place; would it be one exclusive class per server (GMS, KMS, etc) or would it be one class added to all servers?
  • Kradian_SouthKradian_South
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited August 2017
    I love this idea for a class creation contest. With this, you'd be able to see other people's imaginations and choices within their created class, as well as hopefully some justification behind their class's skills, abilities and any unique mechanics as a sort of "check", which would hopefully see if they actually put a lot of thought behind their decisions for their class. There may be slight problems with the other Maplestory regions if the same event were to run in multiple ones, as was brought up by Atlandia, yet I do hope Nexon would be able to find a way to sort out any issues in order to please their players. If this event were to come out, I look forward to seeing a great deal of variation in the different classes, considering the multitude of ideas out there, yet repeated suggestions for a new favoured class would equally suffice. If only Nexon would listen though...
    AtlandiaICryWolf
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Atlandia wrote: »
    One question though - I'm not sure how Nexon would add the classes if this contest were to take place; would it be one exclusive class per server (GMS, KMS, etc) or would it be one class added to all servers?

^ This is the main problem. I'm probably wrong, but I'm assuming most of the (major) content comes from KMS and GMS just tweaks it in places. Meaning if such a contest was held and promised to be followed through, it'd probably be judged/have to be approved by KMS, which I doubt would happen easily.
  • AtlandiaAtlandia
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Atlandia wrote: »

^ This is the main problem. I'm probably wrong, but I'm assuming most of the (major) content comes from KMS and GMS just tweaks it in places. Meaning if such a contest was held and promised to be followed through, it'd probably be judged/have to be approved by KMS, which I doubt would happen easily.

If each server hosts their own class creation contest in order to work around this, it can help to make each server unique and stand out from others, as in a "we have our own class that you can play if you come here" sort of fashion which can help to raise popularity of the server. However, I don't think that can really work if countries are IP banned from some servers, which would mean that some maplers wouldn't be able to play that class. Also, there'd be the obvious complaint of "I like this class, why can't it come to this server too?"

I think you're right in that most content comes from KMS and GMS only tweaks it. So if one contest were to be held across all servers and KMS is the one to approve it, then that can be a workaround and all servers can have that class. Still, that would mean that there would be hundreds of class ideas and only a couple (or only one) can be chosen; that might be too complicated and there would be a lot of competition - which could actually help to improve the quality of their ideas, similar to what Kradian said.

If Nexon were to implement this contest, I agree that this is definitely something to consider. :)
  • AtlandiaAtlandia
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I love this idea for a class creation contest. With this, you'd be able to see other people's imaginations and choices within their created class, as well as hopefully some justification behind their class's skills, abilities and any unique mechanics as a sort of "check", which would hopefully see if they actually put a lot of thought behind their decisions for their class. There may be slight problems with the other Maplestory regions if the same event were to run in multiple ones, as was brought up by Atlandia, yet I do hope Nexon would be able to find a way to sort out any issues in order to please their players. If this event were to come out, I look forward to seeing a great deal of variation in the different classes, considering the multitude of ideas out there, yet repeated suggestions for a new favoured class would equally suffice. If only Nexon would listen though...

This as well, if Nexon were to carry out this contest I would love to see the different ideas from everybody :)