[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dream Defender allows all monsters to be 1 hit

Kat27Kat27
Reactions: 1,150
edited August 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: functionality

Brief bug summary: During dream defender all mobs, including the music boxes, can be killed/changed in 1 hit no matter how high of a floor you are on.

More details: My highest floor completed prior to the patch was floor 48. I went in today to see how far I could get and I kept going. I got to floor 134 and asked if dream defender was glitched and my alliance mate said it was so I left immediately. I was 1 hitting the monsters every single time. I expected to lose soon and kept going but i reached unreasonably high floors, without my clear time ever changing except during a lag spike. Even floors 100+ were cleared in 20-30 seconds.

Steps to reproduce: Play dream defender as usual after this most recent patch.

Character name: SailorAlly

Character level: 244

Character job: Angelic Buster

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 8/30/17 1:20pm

Comments

• DominikosDominikos
    Reactions: 625
    edited August 2017
    this was on patch notes i think... im at 104 but its weird
  • Kat27Kat27
    edited August 2017
    patch notes said UI changes not this
  • Kat27Kat27
    edited August 2017
    I should've known sooner than floor 100+ that something was wrong, but I thought I got buffed or it was made easier on purpose. Please don't ban me :'(
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited August 2017
    I went once to do daliyes*, and it was too easy so i left, in the end seens the DreamDefender got a nerf in hp? A friend went up to 167, so it's defenely not hit kill, i could try pass 200, but i'm doubt what will happen.

Can any volunteer or Arwooo respond about this? Can i at least do the floors i usually do in DreamBreaker? Losing a day of daliyes is frustrating,

Are we gonna wait 1week worth of daliyes so they fix it while people abuse this glich?
  • SlatymateSlatymate
    Reactions: 2,150
    edited August 2017
    This bug has been forwarded to the Maple Team.
  • RowlandRowland
    Reactions: 510
    edited August 2017
    XD
  • PrincessNinjatoPrincessNinjato
    Reactions: 1,845
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Ah I missed this post, I touched on the subject too, I left after the 1st run and won't be back to Dream Defender until a sever maint. is done and says its safe.
  • qwermqwerm
    Reactions: 535
    edited August 2017
    I was really hoping this might have been a shift to reduce to almost ridiculous difficulty curve, but yeah, I'll have to admit it all feels too good to be true, since I doubt nexon would actually do such a thing on purpose.

Shame, that...
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited August 2017
    I also noticed that, I stopped at floor 170, before I could clear up to 92 if lucky, usually floor 90-91. I used my 3 daily runs to reach cap of coins. Then I saw the ranking.... One guy didn't bother to reach Floor 400? o-0 second place is at floor 351 x.X

It's like if all stages become stage 1 in term of HP