[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna though...

foussiremixfoussiremix
Reactions: 2,335
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in General Chat
Omg the revamp for her is awesome.
My kanna is lvl 165 and now she has the same dmg range as my lvl 206 AB becazse of the haku buff.

Comments

• ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited August 2017
    The damage range means nothing for Kanna right now. Before the update I had a 2.6m range; after I now have an easy 4m , up to 4.6m with guild pot and echo. Even then I still can't finish the gem in Hellux and I don't seem to clear the mobs in Chu Chu any faster than before.
    JettLuvsUBooberpuppyRennnLizardnixnomicidyl
  • ShiionShiion
    Reactions: 305
    edited August 2017
    Kanna's range always been high from day one. But then the visual range doesn't say anything, their output damage is low, you can't just compare different classes by their range. The dojo straw puppet thing will give you better result.
    nomicidyl
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    In my opinion when it comes to some bosses, if they removed the knockback from Shikigami Haunting and Monkey Spirits I would be able to boss 5x better. It annoys me when I'm just trying to defeat Hilla but my attacks keep forcing her to a corner. The new changes are welcomed though, if only they paid this much effort to improve Hayato. (Those poor guys.)
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited August 2017
    After today's patch I'm actually seeing a pretty big buff over yesterday. 5m range with just Haku now and damage in ChuChu went from (according to Battle Analysis) 121m per sec, to around 330m per sec. More specifically, the average damage for my Vanquisher's Charm was 54m, while it is around 250m now.

I'd say that's pretty good for a change.
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited August 2017
    Funny... I was talking about how good Kanna was in comparison to the BW I'm maining.

More map wipes
    Bigger aoe map wipes
    Higher damage range and output
    S grade mobbing
    A grade bossing due to multiple binds (binds are everything in lagstory)

and what do they do? They buff Kanna while leaving BW in the same state cause hackers... god damnit

can't even fight Normal Mag even though I have the range for it because of the 1-2second delay between orbital flames...

"oh I jumped and shot an orbital flame"? Nahhh it only shoots out when I land on the ground because of the delay.

It's doable for telegraphed mobs who don't have 1hit-KOs, not doable for a lot of bosses.
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    If you're maining Blaze Wizards I would like to express my condolences to you regarding their nerfs. Although to be fair Kanna needed this buff since KMS doesn't work with region specific characters such as Jett, Hayato, Kanna, Beast Tamer and Zen (MSEA Jett). Thus, revamps for these characters come rarely in comparison to the constant reorganizations of core playable characters.
    nomicidyl
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    Funny... I was talking about how good Kanna was in comparison to the BW I'm maining.

More map wipes
    Bigger aoe map wipes
    S grade mobbing

and what do they do? They buff Kanna while leaving BW in the same state cause hackers... god damnit

can't even fight Normal Mag even though I have the range for it because of the 1-2second delay between orbital flames...

"oh I jumped and shot an orbital flame"? Nahhh it only shoots out when I land on the ground because of the delay.

It's doable for telegraphed mobs who don't have 1hit-KOs, not doable for a lot of bosses.

hackers have nothing to do with what's happening to BW's, that balance is being done by KMS which doesn't have the BW bot problem.

also Kanna was no where near as good as you are trying to make it out to be pre buff, if you mained it you would understand.
    nomicidyl
  • ShiionShiion
    Reactions: 305
    edited August 2017
    @EfficientlyLazy
    Actually Kanna dpm was around the bottom of chart, mobbing was meh and bossing is bad, plus slow teleport make it hard to survive in bossing. This buff helped it actually decent at mobbing and somehow more viable now in term of bossing even it still nowhere near attacker job like NL (of course they are pure attacker). And about the BW problem, we follow KMS about their change, and KMS have better ping, which make orbital does way more damage compare to GMS, that's why people in GMS often avoid to play it cause bad name (hacker) and heavy ping.
    We used to test this Orbital thing in *cough cough* p *cough* server, and the one with under 70 ping does around 11b dpm, while 200 ping+ does 7b ish, so you can see how important is ping for BW.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017

More map wipes
    Bigger aoe map wipes
    S grade mobbing

KMS doesn't have hackers, you can't assume BW is getting nerfed because of them. BWs in KMS just have ridiculous DPS from their fifth job skills and orbital flame that they had to tone down the skill% on them. Why even compare kanna to BW? BW is clearly 10x stronger because kanna's solo damage is really bad.

Orbitial flame is just flawed due to it being ping based which KMS players don't seem to have issues with unlike GMS.