[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Vanishing Journey quest line not available

TheKurganTheKurgan
Reactions: 530
edited August 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: functionality

More details: Finished my 5th job advance with a Kanna. Move to Nameless town and finish the first quest "A great Power", the one that give you the arcane symbol. After I get my arcane, no more quest available.

Steps to reproduce: Do your 5th job advance as Kanna and move to Nameless town, there is no quest available.

Character Job: Kanna

World Name: Luna

Date and Time: 08/31/17 19h
mrskannaxKodokiUmbraEstella

Comments

• WayOfDaDrkWayOfDaDrk
    Reactions: 320
    edited September 2017
    Had same problem, restarting pc didn't fix issue. I did however figure out what caused the issue. If you accepted and/or complete the quest "A Greater Power" before talking to Kao in Nameless town first you'd get bugged. I have two chars bugged now and just completed all the vanishing journey quests on a 3rd.
    mrskannaxUmbraEstella
  • TheKurganTheKurgan
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, still not working. Not getting the first quest from Vanishing questline after finish the quest "A great Power"

• mrskannaxmrskannax
    Reactions: 740
    edited September 2017
    im having the same problem did u guys found the solution?
  • WayOfDaDrkWayOfDaDrk
    Reactions: 320
    edited September 2017
    Nope haven't found way to fix it, would be great if I could progress in vanishing journey. In the mean time I'll just do boss dailies and then hop off maple.
  • TheKurganTheKurgan
    edited September 2017
    Obviously, seems a bug from the last patch. Are you all Kannas?
    Let's hope the mod could take a deep look into this problem and report it to the develop team if is a really problem and not a change in the game
  • mrskannaxmrskannax
    edited September 2017
    :C aww i am a kanna ;) i hope this gets fixed on the upcoming patch
  • KodokiKodoki
    Reactions: 410
    edited September 2017
    Same thing has happened to me on my Kanna.
    Went into the arcane river "nameless town" zone through Guide upon finishing my 5th job quest, accepted the " A Greater Power" quest through my lightbulb on the left, and got my Arcane Force item.
    From here I am stuck with no quest to proceed. I know the next quest would be to kill 30 more of those mobs but I can't get it.
    Restarted game/computer and went to every NPC imaginable.
    Guessing it really is the fact that I didn't talk to Kao before starting these quests.

Hopefully a fix comes soon or I won't be able to proceed with arcane river at all.
    Sucks that this happens on my first character to make it this far >.>
    mrskannax
  • TheKurganTheKurgan
    edited September 2017
    @AlexF

Could you please report it?
  • UmbraEstellaUmbraEstella
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for forwarding this.
    I'm having the same issue, and I also didn't talk to Kao. I believe this was an issue when vanishing journey first came out and was fixed, but the most recent patch might have removed the fix for Kanna/GMS only characters.
  • JCabeJCabe
    Reactions: 210
    edited September 2017
    Not just for Kanna, I am a Hayato and I am experiencing the same bug. Wont let me continue the questline after getting the FIRST arcane symbol
  • mrskannaxmrskannax
    edited September 2017
    hopefully this gets fixed in this n.n
  • artsivainaaartsivainaa
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2017
    same problem still... i got my kanna 200lvl 1.9.2017 did quest to get arcane sympol but no more quest after that...
  • mrskannaxmrskannax
    edited September 2017
    same problem still... i got my kanna 200lvl 1.9.2017 did quest to get arcane sympol but no more quest after that...

well i dont think this is getting fixed lol, we have two options its eigther lvl up in lvl 19x maps or do another character.
  • JCabeJCabe
    edited September 2017
    Were never gonna get to the DAILY QUEST if we cant finish this quest line. They really need to fix this or Arcane River is useless to us
    mrskannax
  • JCabeJCabe
    edited September 2017
    any updates? after all the maintenance, still not able to continue the quest line
  • JCabeJCabe
    edited September 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    Heyo,

Thanks for the report - I've forwarded it.

Any updates?
  • JCabeJCabe
    edited September 2017
    Actually, I just read the recent PATCH note for the September 7th, 2017 patch. On the very bottom clearly says, "The quest 'Amnesiac Temple Keeper Kao' will now function correctly for Hayato, Kanna,Jett, and Beast Tamer Characters"

YAY!