[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Sort of resolved] False Perma Ban

SeleucidSeleucid
Reactions: 200
edited September 2017 in General Chat
So I got banned yesterday. For the first time since college started I had some free time so I decided to see what the new Tune-Up update was like. I logged in after server maintenance was completed and began farming mesos on my kanna using the method ZeroByDivide posted to his YouTube channel a few weeks ago. After about 30 minutes I disconnected suddenly and upon trying to reconnect was greeted by a message saying I had been detected using a hack or illegal program and that my account was now permanently banned. I thought this must just be a mistake so I submitted this ticket:

I was meso farming at MP3 right after the server update finished. I was meso farming on my kanna like I normally do when I was suddenly disconnected. Upon attempting to reconnect I was presented a message saying my account had been permanently banned for "hacking or use of third-party programs." I created this account in 2008 and have been mostly active on it since. I haven't once used an illegal program or hack. I've never received so much as a warning or even a temporary ban over the years, although I know my account was removed from the ranks a few years ago for reasons I never understood. Help in this matter would be much appreciated.

I figured my account would be promptly unbanned, but when I woke up this morning I found this message:

I'm sorry to hear that your account has been banned. Upon checking, our records indicate this account was involved in a serious violation of our Terms of Use or Code of Conduct. The account was banned for hacking. Due to the severity of this issue, this ban will remain in place on this account.

It's almost like they didn't even read my ticket. As a near 10 year veteran who has been mostly active on this account since it was created I find it hard to believe that they are this apathetic. At the very least I would have liked an explanation of why they think I was hacking. I wish I had video evidence to prove my claim, but unfortunately I don't record my meso farming sessions just on the off chance that I might get banned. So does anyone have advice? I want to submit another ticket but based on the first response I can't imagine it having any effect whatsoever. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Update: I tried going through live chat to appeal the ban with no luck. Either Nexon doesn't care about its customers or they have such strict ban guidelines that you need video proof to show that you weren't hacking. Even when I tried to use logic and reason with them they, just told me to review the terms and conditions and take responsibility for my actions. How disrespectful is that!? Bottom line, after nearly 9 years this is where I finally quit Maplestory for good. To anyone who still meso farms, I would recommend using a screen capture software to record your sessions because you never know when this could happen to you too. I'll post screenshots of the chat so you can see for yourself just how robotic they are.

https://imgur.com/GP8Ggvp
https://imgur.com/nrqjXx2
https://imgur.com/emR0Nj2

- Thanks to everyone who tried helping me with this. Peace out

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    I'm sorry, but the forums are not the place to get a ban appealed.

You should consider speaking with Live Chat during their open hours (for ban appeals, Tuesday-Thursday between 10:00AM and 5:00PM Pacific time).
    Live Chat is available by going to the support website, logging in, then clicking the "Chat with us" button in the bottom-right corner of the screen when it pops up. Make sure you have the ticket number ready.
    Seleucidcarmenpop22
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    Go straight to the top of the food chain. If it's the method that you press the teleport skill (since it's a random location you end up in) the system probably thought you were using third party software. The lower level employees probably dont know how to determine that. the only thing that may not help you is the part where you said your character was removed from ranks some time back. That is sketchy.
    Seleucidcarmenpop22
  • SeleucidSeleucid
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll try to appeal again over live chat on Tuesday. I think my account is just old and somewhere along the way it got removed from the ranks. I know some of my friends with old accounts had the same thing happen to them for no apparent reason. I just don't want to lose this account because it has 9 years of work put into it. So for me it's either I get my account unbanned (and preferably put back in the ranks) or Nexon loses one of it's most loyal players.
  • adri1234adri1234
    Reactions: 540
    edited September 2017
    The same happened to me, for years I have tried to recover my old account. And all I get back is that I violate the terms and use illegal programs and I was like in shock .. WTF? . They just did not let me recover my account, they also accuse me of something I did not do. and I had that count since the 33 vs then ... 6 years I had that account and 4 years ago I was unfairly taken away
    Seleucidcarmenpop22
  • SeleucidSeleucid
    edited September 2017
    adri1234 wrote: »
    The same happened to me, for years I have tried to recover my old account. And all I get back is that I violate the terms and use illegal programs and I was like in shock .. WTF? . They just did not let me recover my account, they also accuse me of something I did not do. and I had that count since the 33 vs then ... 6 years I had that account and 4 years ago I was unfairly taken away

That's crazy. And it's not just time I've lost but money too. Over my decade of playing I've probably put about $1000 dollars into my account, and to have that taken away for something I didn't do feels like theft. I understand that Nexon needs to get rid of legitimate hackers, but if they had any sense whatsoever they would realize I have no reason to hack. I've already put nearly 10 years and $1000 dollars into this account, so why would I risk losing that by hacking? If they refuse to appeal bans then it makes me wonder why they have the ban appeal system in place to begin with.
  • adri1234adri1234
    Reactions: 540
    edited September 2017
    Seleucid wrote: »
    adri1234 wrote: »

That's crazy. And it's not just time I've lost but money too. Over my decade of playing I've probably put about $1000 dollars into my account, and to have that taken away for something I didn't do feels like theft. I understand that Nexon needs to get rid of legitimate hackers, but if they had any sense whatsoever they would realize I have no reason to hack. I've already put nearly 10 years and $1000 dollars into this account, so why would I risk losing that by hacking? If they refuse to appeal bans then it makes me wonder why they have the ban appeal system in place to begin with.

I get tired of trying to recover my old account, I hope you can do something
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Yup. This is how Nexon handles their false bans.
    "We detected something with your account and we refuse (they say they can't tell you but they can) to tell you what it is because we're lazy to actually look into this."
    This company is disgusting.
  • 엘소드엘소드
    Reactions: 775
    edited September 2017
    Albinorock wrote: »
    "We detected something with your account and we refuse (they say they can't tell you but they can) to tell you what it is because we're lazy to actually look into this."

Yet you applied for Tespia. Man, the ironing is dillish.
    DarkPassengercarmenpop22
    edited September 2017
    엘소드 wrote: »
    Albinorock wrote: »

Yet you applied for Tespia. Man, the ironing is dillish.

lol not just that but they actually chose him
  • nomicidylnomicidyl
    Reactions: 500
    edited September 2017
    Oh hey dood. That like, happed to me 2 man. Like 2 days ago. On my Kanna. Disconnected 6 timez in 90 minnets. Then I got back on to kill some ancient mixed golems and I poofed. When I try to do the back in game, it has a message saying the saem ting yours did. If you find a way to unbanned urself, share it somewhere pls. I don't hax but got banned for it. Sad face.
  • SeleucidSeleucid
    edited September 2017
    Update: I tried going through live chat to appeal the ban with no luck. Either Nexon doesn't care about its customers or they have such strict ban guidelines that you need video proof to show that you weren't hacking. Even when I tried to use logic and reason with them they, just told me to review the terms and conditions and take responsibility for my actions. How disrespectful is that!? Bottom line, after nearly 9 years this is where I finally quit Maplestory for good. To anyone who still meso farms, I would recommend using a screen capture software to record your sessions because you never know when this could happen to you too. I'll post screenshots of the chat so you can see for yourself just how robotic they are.

edited September 2017

Alright, from what I can see form the chat log is someone reported you, did anyone enter the map? maybe they though you were hacking and reported you. I mean not much to discuss since they wont lift the ban. but it's possible someone did report you falsely.
    nomicidylcarmenpop22
  • SeleucidSeleucid
    edited September 2017

Alright, from what I can see form the chat log is someone reported you, did anyone enter the map? maybe they though you were hacking and reported you. I mean not much to discuss since they wont lift the ban. but it's possible someone did report you falsely.

Yeah I remember one guy in particular entered the map and was asking if Kishin had gotten a buff because it seemed like the spawn rate had gotten faster. I told him I didn't know, but it struck me as odd because people don't usually try and talk to me while I'm farming. Other than that there were just random people changing channels through the map.
    edited September 2017
    Usually when people are farming, people try to engage them to see if theyre the ones controlling the character, if they get no reply, they usually report. Someone from those changing channels may have reported you, if anything it was to claim your spot.
    nomicidylcarmenpop22
  • SeleucidSeleucid
    edited September 2017
    Usually when people are farming, people try to engage them to see if theyre the ones controlling the character, if they get no reply, they usually report. Someone from those changing channels may have reported you, if anything it was to claim your spot.

Thanks for the feedback, I just wish it could help me at this point. Sucks that 9 years of work could be taken away just because someone wanted my map at MP3.
  • FuschiaFuschia
    Reactions: 905
    edited September 2017
    You that same guy making those threads on GK? lol
    edited September 2017
    Fuschia wrote: »

If he is associated with GK (game killer, the game hacking forum) then theres a higher probability he is guilty.
  • SeleucidSeleucid
    edited September 2017

If he is associated with GK (game killer, the game hacking forum) then theres a higher probability he is guilty.

Not that it matters but I had never heard of GK until just now. Hopefully someone didn't mistake me for someone they recognized from GK and ban me for it.
  • FuschiaFuschia
    Reactions: 905
    edited September 2017
    Well a lot of people in the last two weeks got banned because they indiscreetly added something to detect hackers, and many people who sent ban appeals got the exact same message you did.

Maybe I'm wrong, my bad.
  • SeleucidSeleucid
    edited September 2017
    Well a lot of people in the last two weeks got banned because they indiscreetly added something to detect hackers, and many people who sent ban appeals got the exact same message you did.

Maybe I'm wrong, my bad.

It's all good. Maybe that's part of the reason Nexon was so dismissive of my claim.