[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Allow World Leap into Windia

Comments

• AndrooAndroo
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2017
    Include Windia! We could use the additional players to our dying world. I think I see more NPCs than players now
  • HorsechubHorsechub
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I started creating characters in Windia in anticipation of this world leap event. Really bums me out I can't transfer a couple of my other characters there. REALLY bums me out.
  • LiamZenithLiamZenith
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited September 2017
    As an immigrant of Windia, I also want to move my other chars from the previous world leap event into Windia. It was a huge drawback from the previous with 8 characters of 30? available.
  • KafKaf2dayKafKaf2day
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2017
    The population between bera, broa, and windia are almost the same. Windia has probably just half or even less players than Scania. So why exclude Windia from the world leap. This is not fair for the existing players who are staying in Windia, as a large portion will definitely move out. This will only cause the population to decrease. Please let other players be able to move into Windia :( A restriction of a few characters per account would work out. Or let Scania players be able to move to Windia. But not letting anyone moving into will makes the current players of Windia sad :(

Hope you will consider this one and the previous comments.

Hope for the best!
  • CrazyNoubCrazyNoub
    Reactions: 800
    edited September 2017
    I have been waiting to move my main from Chaos for 2 years now, and while waiting, i made new character in Windia and made friends already. It is quite sad to hear this and was totally unexpected. You can't compare Windia's population to Scania's population. Please allow world transfer into Windia
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    Pretty sure someone said something about other worlds not being included because of technical issues from previous events
  • RorosuRorosu
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2017
    Allow World Leap Into Windia!
    Why?
    Because I am here!
    ;)
  • bjybjy
    Reactions: 620
    edited September 2017
    I waited a long time for Maplestory to have a world transfer event, and I wanted to transfer a few characters to Windia. I also really would like Windia to be included in the world transfer event.
  • DeeZellDeeZell
    Reactions: 1,365
    edited September 2017
    les do it.
  • NasiNasi
    Reactions: 320
    edited September 2017
    I moved from bellocan server last world leap event, and during that time we could only move 6 characters so I couldn't bring all my other link characters. I've been waiting so long for this, and now Windia is blocked? Windia and Bera have the same population, so how is this fair..
    jeanniebeansAyoitsian
  • EshaysBMEshaysBM
    Reactions: 300
    edited September 2017
    Please allow windia to be apart of this world transfer !
    It's all we have been looking forward to join our friends again
  • SterlinglySterlingly
    Reactions: 630
    edited September 2017
    Windia, if anything, will only become more dead as a result of being excluded from this world transfer event.
  • jeanniebeansjeanniebeans
    Reactions: 440
    edited September 2017
    Nasi wrote: »
    I moved from bellocan server last world leap event, and during that time we could only move 6 characters so I couldn't bring all my other link characters. I've been waiting so long for this, and now Windia is blocked? Windia and Bera have the same population, so how is this fair..

I think that is such a valid point, I also moved last world transfer.. which was in 2015 and I have many of my link skills that I've done there that I was hoping to move over. If we don't get to move our characters over it just feels like a lot of hard work wasted. Only way to have all my characters together is to go to the next least dead server which would be Bera, which means Bera will be overpopulated and Windia will be left dead.

We also have many friends from other worlds that have created a new main in Windia, and just waiting for over a year for this world transfer so that they can come back to maple to play with us in Windia. But it's very discouraging for them, hearing that after 2 years there's finally a world leap; only to further find out that there's a restriction and they're not even able to move into Windia.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited September 2017
    Hi guys, this suggestion was discussed with the team and we've read all the comments posted in this thread. However, the decision was made final. Windia along with Scania are to remain unavailable in this round of World Transfer.

We're sorry to those of you who looked forward to this event to either join friends in another world or to move over other characters for linked skills. While Windia and Scania are both unavailable for this round of World Transfer due to their popularity, this may not be the case in future events.
  • WingedWinged
    Reactions: 960
    edited September 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Hi guys, this suggestion was discussed with the team and we've read all the comments posted in this thread. However, the decision was made final. Windia along with Scania are to remain unavailable in this round of World Transfer.

We're sorry to those of you who looked forward to this event to either join friends in another world or to move over other characters for linked skills. While Windia and Scania are both unavailable for this round of World Transfer due to their popularity, this may not be the case in future events.

Windia community gave a lot of effort to participate in this petition forum. This exactly proves that you guys never listen to our request. We have over 100 voting, 2k+ views, and 30+ comments. Your reasoning for excluding Windia is invalid. This petition is out of our concern for our own community, you guys are not considering this in our perspective. Tell us exactly why you are excluding Windia, and tell us how Windia is comparable to Scania in population. You are asking for us to wait for another 2 years... ? Might as well move to Bera where everyone will flood in during this world leap event. Give us a good reasoning why Windia is excluded.
    KlaraTimidLiamZenithSighGuajenny888ardy
  • jeanniebeansjeanniebeans
    Reactions: 440
    edited September 2017

Welp. I guess it was worth the try & efforts in constantly checking this to see if there would be any good news. This just proves no matter what we do, we as the people who want to play Maplestory, will never get what we want. With all these views and the high votes in the poll to express what probably every Windian would like to happen, it doesn't happen.

This really doesn't make sense to me, there's absolutely no comparison in terms of Windia and Scania.
    I'm just completely at a loss for words..
    Really disappointed with this game.
  • AyoitsianAyoitsian
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017

I'm disappointed. I have no words to describe how sad it is to hear that such an event is unfairly excluded from our world simply because the population bar for channel 1 is slightly higher than others making it the 3rd most populated world. If this will "not be the case in future events", when will the next event occur? Another 2 years of waiting? Perhaps longer? Separating players into dead servers to save yourselves from having to deal with lag issues isn't going to help make this game any better. Rather, allowing more options to transfer characters to could even bring in more people to the game.

I know it may not have been Arwoo's fault that this occured however, whoever was in the team that discussed this and refused to allow Windia after seeing all the feedback, complaints and constructive critisism in this thread, must have some extremely good reasoning as to why Windia is still excluded.

I'm sure that nothing I or anyone says will change this hastly made decision in an attempt to defuse this conflict so:
    TL;DR All I ask is for a good reason other than population for why Windia is excluded from this event.
    KlaraLynniekinsTimidLiamZenith
  • LynniekinsLynniekins
    Reactions: 840
    edited September 2017

Future events? So in another two years when there's even less overall players? Why not limit "populated" (I say that in quotes because the GMS population is a joke...) to one transfer so at the very least people willing to sacrifice link mules could still move? Or allow people to transfer if they have a high level character in their target server? It just feels like a compromise could have been made if the only reason for not having an option for Windia and Scania was population.

If we're talking population size in relation to other servers and not just numbers I suppose I could understand why they'd close off the top two. However, people WANT populated servers because the tiny population of the likes of MYBCKN make the game virtually unplayable for those looking to form high level bossing teams. I know Reboot has the highest population but it would really be nice if you guys could put some focus on improving the game environment for the rest of us.
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    edited September 2017

Can you give us the reasons that went behind this decision? It just doesn't make any sense from a financial standpoint unless the problems that come with world transfers outweighs the money that would've been made...
  • HorsechubHorsechub
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017

Where are we supposed to go if we want to play on a server that isn't DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????
    I can't find any items I want to buy and I can't find anyone willing to play with me because no one is on and the people who are are either afk and botting or solo grinding and don't want to do anything else!!

WHY WAS WINDIA OPEN LAST TIME???? ITS LESS POPULATED NOW SO I DON'T SEE HOW THIS MAKES SENSE.