[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Leap event and world alliances

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
NPC Mover has appeared in major towns in Tespia. I assume this means we're going to have a World Leap event at the end of September.
The actual move can't be tested, for obvious reasons, but I went through the NPC's dialogs anyway, and saw that at the very end, when we're asked to select the world we'd like to transfer to, there are only 8 buttons to pick from (all blank in Tespia).

In the last World Leap event, we were only able to transfer to the "Main" world of each alliance, and could not transfer within the same alliance at all. So, for example, anyone transfering into MYBCKN would have to go to Mardia, and characters from Yellonde could not go to Mardia.

Now, you may ask: "Why is that a problem? What difference does it make, which world in the alliance you are in?"
The answer is that if you have characters in two worlds in the same alliance, they might as well be on different accounts. They don't share storage, link skills, legion, or cash storage. Obviously, this is not a desirable situation.

During the last World Leap event, people complained about being unable to properly consolidate their forces in world alliances. CM Artasi said something about the next World Leap event addressing those concerns. (This was on the old forums, RIP, so I can't get an exact quote). But it appears nothing is going to change.

Comments

• duelghostduelghost
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Does CM Artasi's words have any value anymore? Arwoo is the current CM so she would have to say it herself.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    duelghost wrote: »
    Does CM Artasi's words have any value anymore? Arwoo is the current CM so she would have to say it herself.

1. Arwoo is a guy.

2. The CM is the spokesperson for the company. He doesn't make the decisions. As such, it doesn't matter which CM told us what is planned for the future. However, it has been so very long that the decision may have changed, or simply forgotten. That's why I posted. I want to hear whether this is intentional or an oversight that might be remedied.
  • duelghostduelghost
    Reactions: 1,170
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    duelghost wrote: »

1. Arwoo is a guy.

2. The CM is the spokesperson for the company. He doesn't make the decisions. As such, it doesn't matter which CM told us what is planned for the future. However, it has been so very long that the decision may have changed, or simply forgotten. That's why I posted. I want to hear whether this is intentional or an oversight that might be remedied.

I've seen the twitch livestream, Arwoo's a girl.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Bump
  • HorsechubHorsechub
    Reactions: 1,190
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Looks like a copy paste from 2013. No windia either even though they allowed windia in 2015.
  • joweryjowery
    Reactions: 420
    edited September 2017
    i really hope these changes could be made due to those issues