[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Kanna and Hayato Revamp

PolymusPolymus
Reactions: 730
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2017 in General Chat
I don't suppose anyone has any details regarding what's to come for the Tune Up Kanna and Hayato revamp?
  1. Do you prefer Kanna or Hayato?24 votes
    1. Kanna
       63% (15 votes)
    2. Hayato
       21% (5 votes)
    3. Both
       17% (4 votes)

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited August 2017
    Expected it. Honestly, they should have buffed Hayato's chain skills as well.
  • StepUpToThePlateStepUpToThePlate
    Reactions: 100
    edited August 2017
    lol wtf hayatos are basically getting nerfed, falcon honor is gonna cost sword energy now? GG, nexon strikes again, the only thing that needed change was quick draw aura kills you when a boss has DR
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Well thry could have only netfed it to 80 or 70 but 30 too much.
    DeeMon
  • KevushiKevushi
    Reactions: 710
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Giving a cd to hitokiri is horrible. Wish they didn't. I'll loose a lot of my motivation for 250
    DeeMon
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited August 2017
    nexon why would you do this to us hitokiri strike + dankuusen was my main traveling combo and now I cant :( more of a nerf than revamp to me
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited August 2017
    I'm looking forward to seeing how bad things get after these new updates; been pushing to get my Kanna to 220 since I've basically given up on my DA ever getting out of the dumpster. Then there's the supposed drop rate nerf that could happen. Making it really hard for me to justify playing at this rate.
  • PolymusPolymus
    Reactions: 730
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    It is a shame to have the cooldown return to Hitokiri Strike, but honestly, I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner. Losing some dodge chance on Jinsoku is also a bummer.

Overall though? It's basically just more overall damage and removing less cheapness. The only real perk I saw with no cooldown Hitokiri Strike was the OP constant boss stunning.
  • grassgrass
    Reactions: 1,540
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    nobody here is talking about KANNA?

they got a HUGE buff!!!

i went from having 700k range to 1.1m range

they said they were gonna buff kanna to make it competetive with other mage classes

but i think they overdid it xD
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    grass wrote: »
    nobody here is talking about KANNA?

they got a HUGE buff!!!

i went from having 700k range to 1.1m range

they said they were gonna buff kanna to make it competetive with other mage classes

but i think they overdid it xD

Doesn't surprise me that Kannas still keep that overpowered haku blessing buff, but it's something I guess to their solo damage.
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Was confused about Kanna. I went on mine and saw that haku's blessing still gave % magic attack. Wasn't it supposed to be changed to flat magic attack? Was the change rescinded? What about party members? Do mages still get the buff? Or is it now applied to both physical and magic classes now and they just get the 5% final damage per party member? Does the buff give anything to party members aside from the final damage increase?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Stallben wrote: »
    Was confused about Kanna. I went on mine and saw that haku's blessing still gave % magic attack. Wasn't it supposed to be changed to flat magic attack? Was the change rescinded? What about party members? Do mages still get the buff? Or is it now applied to both physical and magic classes now and they just get the 5% final damage per party member? Does the buff give anything to party members aside from the final damage increase?

For now, Haku's Blessing is much the same as it was before Tune Up: it's a %m.att buff and it applies to the entire party. I think the 5% fd is for the Kanna only.

In TMS, it was changed to a flat m.att buff, and they claimed that all the other services will do the same.

In GMS, the community consensus seems to be that Kanna needs the %m.att Haku's Blessing as a self-buff, but it's quite unbalanced as a party buff. This has been communicated to NexonNA. We'll have to wait and see what they will choose to do.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited September 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Stallben wrote: »

For now, Haku's Blessing is much the same as it was before Tune Up: it's a %m.att buff and it applies to the entire party. I think the 5% fd is for the Kanna only.

In TMS, it was changed to a flat m.att buff, and they claimed that all the other services will do the same.

In GMS, the community consensus seems to be that Kanna needs the %m.att Haku's Blessing as a self-buff, but it's quite unbalanced as a party buff. This has been communicated to NexonNA. We'll have to wait and see what they will choose to do.

I heard Kanna was nerfed in other MS versions with this patch, but not in GMS which got hell buffed o-0