[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crashes and dc's after 8th Sept Maint.

CaelesteCaeleste
Reactions: 530
edited September 2017 in Tech Support
Is it just me or was Maple working fine after the Patch on the 7th of Sept, but then Nexon broke it again when they did the unscheduled maintenance on the 8th? Seems like every time they perform "backend" changes to mitigate lag and dc issues, it introduces more problems than it solves.

Issues since the Maintenance on the 8th -
Lag when using skills (up to 15-20 seconds before buffs are cast) - see EDIT 2
DC when entering cash shop, auction house or when changing channels
DC when changing characters

EDIT:
I'm playing on Khroa, so the next Unscheduled World Maintenance (10th Sept.) won't help with the issues.

EDIT 2:
Ended up hitting a C++ runtime error and followed the instructions here:
https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115001169426-Runtime-Error
Seemed to also fix the lag when using buffs so that's a bonus!
I already had Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 (vc_redist.x86.exe) installed, but realised my version was a bit different to the version that was up for download, so I just uninstalled mine and reinstalled after downloading the one from the website.
Elloise

Comments

• Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Reboot server here. still crashes and black screen on every single thing you mention above
  • ArcheryiArcheryi
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited September 2017
    Windia here. Not lagging so much anymore, it's when we CC, enter the CS/AH, or tele during a boss que that we hang for about 2 minutes then crash.
  • ElloiseElloise
    Reactions: 310
    edited September 2017
    Archeryi wrote: »
    Windia here. Not lagging so much anymore, it's when we CC, enter the CS/AH, or tele during a boss que that we hang for about 2 minutes then crash.

Same on Nova
  • ftfyftfy
    Reactions: 840
    edited September 2017
    Its been doing this for.... a week+ now.. They still havnt fixed anything