[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Server Instability or Incompatible issue?

SSVKSSVK
Reactions: 840
edited September 2017 in Tech Support
So i keep getting this everytime i try to even get into the game. Im not even sure what kind of error this is but this has happened ever since i upgraded my laptop to the HP Omen and seeing all the recent posts of instability since the last patch, im not sure if its the server or my new laptop maybe too powerful for this game. Anyone have this issue? If it doesnt get fixed soon, im not keeping 10 gb of game that i cant use. And before someone says reinstall or repair, ive done both, 10 TIMES ALREADY!!! Its frustrating that i was just getting back in and now have to quit again thanks to this problem. IDC if its a server instability issue but if its my new laptop, then thats just BS, just saying... :/

Edit: even the image linker is down too...
here is the link in the text...
: https://imgur.com/BgggO3t

Comments

• peterwongdudepeterwongdude
    Reactions: 720
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    First I thought it was my computers fault I re downloaded the game like 3 times and had the same problem. Up until someone posted how to fix the blank message error with some registry changes and I was able to get into the game. However the error may come back in the future and you have to do this again this happened to me for like 5+ times already.

-Open regedit
    The registry key is located at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers"

Easy fix just follow the video

• SSVKSSVK
    edited September 2017
    Aight tyvm hopefully they fix this problem
  • SSVKSSVK
    edited January 2018
    Well I see issue still isnt fixed but i guess i can do this again...
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited January 2018
    try steam