[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

maplestory 2 confirmed?????????????????

skrubrekrskrubrekr
Reactions: 845
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
alright kiddos so this user on twitter (and for those who dont wanna get spoiled about future updates dont click the first link lol) has made some posts about an english version of the game

im gonna make a guess and say that ms2 will be announced around winter? maybe???
Sherri

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    It was confirmed ages ago with the job posting
    skrubrekr
  • JubJubJubJub
    Reactions: 470
    edited September 2017
    It was confirmed ages ago with the job posting

This means nothing. The job posting could have been unfulfilled, thus cancellation of the project if nobody can progress to work on it. It was still in speculation. This is much better insight on whether it's getting an English release.
    skrubrekrSherri
  • ManiOhManiOh
    Reactions: 2,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    kMS2 got english patch some months ago its not full translated but yea its not bad
    i guss its just test to see reaction then make GMS full version - polish the translate more

or not sure if they just copy/paste that and host global and do on their own like GMS-KMS thing

but considering all the issues with MS we have not sure its right time for nexon to make such move
    like if they ready with enough GM/team/server resources
    skrubrekr
  • JPG0809JPG0809
    Reactions: 500
    edited September 2017
    This is so exciting! If it does come to NA, I hope it's soon! :D
    Sherri
  • YamiNLYamiNL
    Reactions: 550
    edited September 2017
    Soon.
    Sherri
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited September 2017
    there would be no point in releasing a north american english version of maple story 2. the game would totally flop, it's play style has nothing in common with maplestory the original. i am attracted to maplestory due to it being a classic 2d side scroller that is updated to be current. if i wanted to play a 3d mmorpg it wouldn;t be maplestory 2 it would be like diablo 3 or something else entirely.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    there would be no point in releasing a north american english version of maple story 2. the game would totally flop, it's play style has nothing in common with maplestory the original. i am attracted to maplestory due to it being a classic 2d side scroller that is updated to be current. if i wanted to play a 3d mmorpg it wouldn;t be maplestory 2 it would be like diablo 3 or something else entirely.

lol please , you don't know if it would flop or not. The control scheme of the game is pretty similar actually , you play mainly with the keyboard . Just because it's not a side scroller doesn't mean people won't play it. Just because you won't doesn't mean others won't. Diablo 3 isn't an mmorpg either...

Some games do better in different parts of the world you never know until it's released in that area and has been out for a bit.
    skrubrekrSherri
  • JointJoint
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited September 2017

I don't mean to be rude but this is a really dumb argument in why MS2 will flop. All you stated was opinions imo and you arn't the majority of the fanbase that plays Global MS. Just bc you won't play it and you think it has nothing to do with MS does not mean it will flop. All that means is that YOU won't be playing the game. If you ever played KMS2 you would know the gameplay is more or less the same style as MS1 has. It's just in 3D format instead. It has a lot more community aspect in the game too than MS1 has which is a good thing. So please just shut it if you aren't going to bring in a good argument to why MS2 will fail In NA. You don't even know what a mmorpg is and you're stating like you know everything in the world of gaming. Diablo 3 is a hack and slash and basically a solo game. MMORPGS has a full community in itself and revolves team work.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    Ugh will it hurry up already?!
    We've been waiting for like 3 years now(?), though it feels longer IMO.
    Joint wrote: »

I don't mean to be rude but this is a really dumb argument in why MS2 will flop. All you stated was opinions imo and you arn't the majority of the fanbase that plays Global MS. Just bc you won't play it and you think it has nothing to do with MS does not mean it will flop. All that means is that YOU won't be playing the game. If you ever played KMS2 you would know the gameplay is more or less the same style as MS1 has. It's just in 3D format instead. It has a lot more community aspect in the game too than MS1 has which is a good thing. So please just shut it if you aren't going to bring in a good argument to why MS2 will fail In NA. You don't even know what a mmorpg is and you're stating like you know everything in the world of gaming. Diablo 3 is a hack and slash and basically a solo game. MMORPGS has a full community in itself and revolves team work.

Exactly, this kid has to be joking. I've seen countless people hyped about this game coming over to NA.
    I know the game won't flop. As soon as it comes over, people are gonna go wild, I just know it.
    At least that is what my gut is telling me.
    skrubrekrNoComparison
  • NoComparisonNoComparison
    Reactions: 1,275
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Sherri wrote: »
    Ugh will it hurry up already?!
    We've been waiting for like 3 years now(?), though it feels longer IMO.
    Joint wrote: »

Exactly, this kid has to be joking. I've seen countless people hyped about this game coming over to NA.
    I know the game won't flop. As soon as it comes over, people are gonna go wild, I just know it.
    At least that is what my gut is telling me.

Agreed. The world looks so big and fresh but some how nostalgic.
  • skrubrekrskrubrekr
    Reactions: 845
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    hooo wee i should maybe check the forums more bfgjhdbg
    theres no offical announcement yet but there are voice overs for the game
    links: x x
    idk a good estimate for release since theres that new kms update which will come during the summer along with maples anniversary in the spring i think?
    also the offical art thing for thieves is just,,,thiccc