[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Isnt everyone bannable by nexon?

inukiroyainukiroya
Reactions: 880
edited September 2017 in General Chat
Because everything in the game requires gambling to progress unlike most games where you just need enough money with decent progression and the fights require skill, not thousands of money into gambling methods where you have a high chance of not getting anything (marvel/cubes/premium style boxes).

They can make their money by actually selling good royals, permanent cash equips forever and special event sales with limited never before seen nx equips. Most of my money is on cosmetics anyways since i know i would be wasting thousands of dollars on cubes/marvel and i know i wont get anything since if i did, i wouldnt have to buy anymore nx right?

Comments

• AlzakielAlzakiel
    Reactions: 940
    edited September 2017
    Well if they kept on developping more and more cosmetic and ect and released them every month for x$. I don't even doubt they would manage to keep the game alive.

But they gain much more money from people spending 600$/3 months in MVP, gambling and time limited cosmetic lol.

Then if we talk about ban, i guess you just have to have a look at the free market/auction house to have reason to get banned lol.
  • inukiroyainukiroya
    Reactions: 880
    edited September 2017
    Alzakiel wrote: »
    Well if they kept on developping more and more cosmetic and ect and released them every month for x$. I don't even doubt they would manage to keep the game alive.

But they gain much more money from people spending 600$/3 months in MVP, gambling and time limited cosmetic lol.

Probably why the game keeps dying
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    edited September 2017
    inukiroya wrote: »

Being greedy is good enough of a reason for a game dying indeed.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited September 2017

Nexon is not the worst offender when it comes to stuff like this. Believe me. Before I played Maple I played many other free online games, and hoo boy! I'm not mentioning names or getting specific for a reason, but yeah. I abandoned those pretty quick for a reason. Trust me, it's not as bad here as it could be. At least they give us free cubes and scrolls at events.
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    edited September 2017

Nexon is not the worst offender when it comes to stuff like this. Believe me. Before I played Maple I played many other free online games, and hoo boy! I'm not mentioning names or getting specific for a reason, but yeah. I abandoned those pretty quick for a reason. Trust me, it's not as bad here as it could be. At least they give us free cubes and scrolls at events.

But you cannot disagree they became worst.... Maple is the only game with a VIP like system that i know expire when you hit a certain rank and it is utterly expensive to keep and that's without talking the damn potential cube.

I know it's the routine in the F2P universe, but hey.... If i hadn't lost hope in nexon even though i really love this game. I'd hope they would remake their market just a little.