[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why were some cash shop items pulled?

JPG0809JPG0809
Reactions: 500
edited September 2017 in General Chat
I'm back from a hiatus so I'm still new, but have been introduced, to prem. style boxes and permanent items.

That's fine.

I remember coming back and I noticed more than a few items have been pulled out from the cash shop (items that were introduced and created by Nexon in the first place) like, face accessories, shoes, weapon-covers, etc.

So, my main question is why and is there a chance of getting those items back in the cash shop even as temporary items?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Many cash items are rotated, to allow for more variety without having hundreds of pages.

If there's a specific item you want to see, you can make a request in the Cash Shop Suggestions thread.
  • JPG0809JPG0809
    edited September 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    Many cash items are rotated, to allow for more variety without having hundreds of pages.

If there's a specific item you want to see, you can make a request in the Cash Shop Suggestions thread.

Thanks for replying!

How many items were pulled and why those items specifically?

I understand that tons of items will only create more of a mess, but I'm talking about items that were created by Nexon from the beginning cash shops People have been telling me that 70% of prem. style items were newer items first introduced by players and we're then made by Nexon.

Is it guaranteed that if you put your item on the list, you'll see it in rotation? How does that work if, for example, you put an item in that no one else wants? Is it more likely it won't be in future rotations?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2017
    JPG0809 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying!

I understand that tons of items will only create more of a mess, but I'm talking about items that were created by Nexon from the beginning cash shops People have been telling me that 70% of prem. style items were newer items first introduced by players and we're then made by Nexon.

Is it guaranteed that if you put your item on the list, you'll see it in rotation? How does that work if, for example, you put an item in that no one else wants? Is it more likely it won't be in future rotations?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Most cash shop items, particularly the 90-day ones are made by Nexon, there's a number of items in the surprise style boxes which have been designed by players (particularly Chinese players), but they don't make up a majority, and there are at least two items designed by GMS players (currently not in rotation). I don't know which have been pulled specifically either way, though, sorry.

The suggestion thread is not guaranteed, but items suggested have been put into the rotation in the past and it works fairly well. If people vocally like it, it may receive more attention, and if people vocally dislike it it may not, but I can't guarantee anything. It's worth a shot to see something you want, though.
  • JPG0809JPG0809
    edited September 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    JPG0809 wrote: »
    Thanks for replying!

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Most cash shop items, particularly the 90-day ones are made by Nexon, there's a number of items in the surprise style boxes which have been designed by players (particularly Chinese players), but they don't make up a majority, and there are at least two items designed by GMS players (currently not in rotation). I don't know which have been pulled specifically either way, though, sorry.

The suggestion thread is not guaranteed, but items suggested have been put into the rotation in the past and it works fairly well. If people vocally like it, it may receive more attention, and if people vocally dislike it it may not, but I can't guarantee anything. It's worth a shot to see something you want, though.

Gotcha!

Yeah, I was curious as to why so many original items were pulled like facial hair and some pants and shoes and was wondering if I was overlooking them.

It seems now I just have to leave to hope