[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.237 Ignition: Cygnus Knights Redux Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Lag is not fixed

ArlongArlong
Reactions: 4,645
Posts: 424
Member
edited September 2017 in General Chat
I don't know why any of you are celebrating as if nexon did something great. Wow, so we aren't crashing as soon as we try logging in. Granted, that was caused by hackers so I don't fault nexon for that. The lag you get from looting and hunting is still there and has been there for a full year now.
Lyeden

Comments

  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    Posts: 760
    Member
    edited September 2017
    Arlong wrote: »
    I don't know why any of you are celebrating as if nexon did something great. Wow, so we aren't crashing as soon as we try logging in. Granted, that was caused by hackers so I don't fault nexon for that. The lag you get from looting and hunting is still there and has been there for a full year now.
    and nexon don't care if we're in under ddos Attack and that's truly sad for us players.

    Lyeden
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    Reactions: 940
    Posts: 25
    Member
    edited September 2017
    The micro freeze while looting(even worst when you are killing the whole map in an instant and then loot with your pet) feel like memory leak .... Does anyone know if it's the same on KMS ?
    Lilyflower wrote: »
    Arlong wrote: »
    I don't know why any of you are celebrating as if nexon did something great. Wow, so we aren't crashing as soon as we try logging in. Granted, that was caused by hackers so I don't fault nexon for that. The lag you get from looting and hunting is still there and has been there for a full year now.
    and nexon don't care if we're in under ddos Attack and that's truly sad for us players.

    It's not like they can do much about it even if they would warn us.... It's not their fault if china goes crazy on DDOS lol
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,630
    Posts: 127
    Member
    edited September 2017
    I find that odd (not saying the problem is not there) i seem to get no kill lag or pet loot lag at all granted i have to cc like 3 times before it actually lets me cc XD but other than that games been running fine for me
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    Posts: 498
    Member
    edited September 2017
    The loot lag and the kill lag are still there like you say. It's not that the care isn't there, it's more so that it's being worked on. I'm not sure why this has been an ongoing issue for so long, but it is being communicated currently.

    The issue coming from excessive quests that require drop checks and quests that require kills checks being the root of the issue was well noted. There were various threads created across various channels that we've compiled and delivered for review to fix the issue.
    YinYangX
  • AlzakielAlzakiel
    Reactions: 940
    Posts: 25
    Member
    edited September 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    The loot lag and the kill lag are still there like you say. It's not that the care isn't there, it's more so that it's being worked on. I'm not sure why this has been an ongoing issue for so long, but it is being communicated currently.

    The issue coming from excessive quests that require drop checks and quests that require kills checks being the root of the issue was well noted. There were various threads created across various channels that we've compiled and delivered for review to fix the issue.

    We can understand it's not game breaking in any way (at least it never gave me any problem or error related to it), but it is indeed surprising it has not been fixed for so long already. Overall it's just plain annoying.
  • EfficientlyLazyEfficientlyLazy
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 66
    Member
    edited September 2017
    Alzakiel wrote: »
    Arwoo wrote: »
    The loot lag and the kill lag are still there like you say. It's not that the care isn't there, it's more so that it's being worked on. I'm not sure why this has been an ongoing issue for so long, but it is being communicated currently.

    The issue coming from excessive quests that require drop checks and quests that require kills checks being the root of the issue was well noted. There were various threads created across various channels that we've compiled and delivered for review to fix the issue.

    We can understand it's not game breaking in any way (at least it never gave me any problem or error related to it), but it is indeed surprising it has not been fixed for so long already. Overall it's just plain annoying.

    I have to respectfully disagree. There are three major bugs/glitches that are game breaking on my end.

    1. Bottle-necking lag spikes. My screen will freeze for 5-10 seconds and everything that happened during that time will happen all at once.
    2. Keyboard freezing up and repeating the last button pressed until I unplug it and re-plug it back in.
    3. Several of my main skills as Blaze Wizard can glitch into a state of being unable to hit monsters. I have a video recording of this happening since I was fed up with the lack of responses (and ironically, even though I have properly formatted this singular glitch, there is still no response).

    This is excluding the amount of times it may or may not take to simply log into the game and stay connected without crashing or experiencing a run-time error. What I would have done in 3 hours has now been cut down to 1 hour and majority of the time I don't even have the patience to open the game anymore. Is it going to crash? Am I going to be able to hit monsters? Or do I have to do a full reboot and waste another hour trying to get into the game? How many times will I unplug and re-plug my keyboard in this session? 2 times? 15 times? How about 30? Not worth it. Not at all.

    Post-level 200, I wasted hours of grinding only to die because of the lag spikes, because of the keyboard freezing, because my skills don't even work as intended. Why boss when you can just die instead? Without my friends funding me, I would have not been able to level, literally. The monsters at Nameless Land are far stronger and each map contains a single lantern erda that places a no-pot-use debuff on you. I even have a pet with Auto HP/MP and for some stupid reason, Auto HP/MP is client-side. That means if I lag for 5-10 seconds and take too much damage, I will die, regardless of the fact that I spent money to prevent this from happening, even though it shouldn't be happening. Do you see the irony and frustration? I'm paying for things to prevent character deaths that shouldn't even happen in the first place.

    Did I ever receive compensation for the billions of exp loss due to inherent game instability that has been lingering for over a good year? Nope. If Nexon is going to continue "working" on this game (don't even get me started on Vindictus) while consistantly having interference issues that hamper player experience and time, then they should be more-than-willing to compensate. Their greed knows no bounds.

    Did I ever receive a response to the issues, bugs & glitches that I presented that are causing me technical difficulties? No. That was what, a month ago? The only response I got was one filled with martyrdom and ego. In fact, the forum moderator that responded to me thought I was someone else (classic support staff) and said, "stop calling people names"... despite the fact that he confused another user with me. No other response came after that.

    Did I ever receive a response in regards to the unnecessary confusion behind aligned UTC expiry dates/time? Yes, I was told by that same moderator to "not necro old threads and everything is working as intended"... despite the fact that it's a stickied thread and it's common forum policy to not create repeat-threads.

    Conclusion? Nexon is still a terrible company, from micro-transactions that are no different than gambling to the lack of competent support staff or any at all. The support staff either don't care, or they aren't paid enough to care.

    What would change my opinion of Nexon?
    1. Competent support staff who read details and posts thoroughly without engaging in petty, passive-aggressive behavior while confusing two separate users that don't even have similar usernames.
    2. Thorough compensation for all the time lost due to server instability and technical glitches/bugs that remain unsolved and unaddressed.
    3. A stable game.

    Bleuteluna02
  • RadiantSightRadiantSight
    Reactions: 1,025
    Posts: 50
    Member
    edited September 2017
    I find loot lag heavily reliant on server channels. At least here in Scania, some channels have lower loot lag than other channels which I do not think Nexon understands much about.
    About kill lag, if you were doing kill count quests, having the game update every time you killed something is not a very efficient way to keep track of how many mobs you killed because of the way this game heavily taxes one CPU core.
    If kills didn't update that often or being have the option to remove the kill counter/multi-kill pop-up, it would at least solve some type of kill lag......
  • ArlongArlong
    Reactions: 4,645
    Posts: 424
    Member
    edited September 2017
    Actually I find nexon to be quite competent in dealing with ddos attacks. I was around for the infamous one that lasted a whole 2 weeks or something. There have been many others that have been dealt with in a very reasonable time. And even if it takes them a long time to solve a ddos issue, I don't fault nexon on that since it's not their fault some jerkoff decides he's going be such a flaming piece of garbage he's going to spend effort to ruin the enjoyment for everyone else. This however is all on nexon and it is unacceptable that such an issue has been going on for this long. It certainly isn't game breaking but it sure takes the enjoyment away when I have to wait and freeze every time I attack a large mob. I haven't used mark of nightlord all this time because the scattering stars will make me lag so much I dc.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Posts: 256
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    @Arwoo
    Can you help check whether my suggestion has been through to GM/Developers? I suspect the loot lag is not about drop check or kill quest. But I suspect it is because of hidden etc drop from quests. Example if you kill a monster, you don''t see anything drop except for mesos. But after you activate a quest that has etc quest drop from the monsters and go back to the previous place where we killed the monsters before, the etc drop will magically have appeared there. I suspect, those hidden etc equips unable to be seen by players, but the system still read it as drop and as players keep killing, the hidden etc quest item are dropping hundreds even thousands of them. I actually p[osted it on the bug section around 2-4 weeks ago when there was update and lag. So probably it didn't get through. But if it has reached the developers and they think it is not the issue, then ignore this. Best wishes and hopefully it will get solved soon. Thanks.
  • NequeoNequeo
    Reactions: 1,000
    Posts: 13
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Still feeling lag spikes (freezing monsters, skill casting delays) ever since the lag/crashing from weeks ago (server lag, not loot/kill fps lag).
    Now the server select thing does say I might get latency issues as an europe player playing on NA server, but in the past years, I've never experienced latency issues playing in scania (as an europe player).
    From asking around in my bl/guild, most non-europeans seem to be fine atm.
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,155
    Posts: 69
    Member
    edited October 2018
    when nexon fix the true problem of this game , w is the lag and the spikes in the channels lastly so many people have problems for enter to the game by the launchers and crashers , have 7 crash in the game today day whit a internet of velocity of 160mbs w latency of 5ms to 2ms and ... only ocurred in this game in other games is stable , when fixed all this problems the company nexon
    Lyeden