[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Leveling Up - Favourite Way

AbajourAbajour
Reactions: 600
edited September 2017 in General Chat
Hi all,

I'm back to the Maple, after some years, and seeing many new things, but what I want to know, is how you guys usually leveling up!
I realise that I can get a good amount of exp following the quests that appear on the top of my head, and I'm using it as base about where I should hunt. :)

1. What is your favourite way to level up?18 votes
    1. Hunting solo
       50% (9 votes)
    2. Hunting with party
       28% (5 votes)
    3. Doing quests
       11% (2 votes)
    4. Party Quest (I suppose that this option is dead)
       11% (2 votes)

Comments

• tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited September 2017
    if by party you mean phantom and kanna o:)
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited September 2017
    People really need to get back into party questing sure you can go out hunting and what not but half the revamped pq's give massive exp for the lil amount of time you do them kenta for example will give you 22-30mil exp per run and if you go with a full party thats insane exp gains from 165-180+
    Abajour
  • AbajourAbajour
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2017
    tnyzng wrote: »
    if by party you mean phantom and kanna o:)

Actually I mean any kind of party (?) :p

Krimlock wrote: »
    People really need to get back into party questing sure you can go out hunting and what not but half the revamped pq's give massive exp for the lil amount of time you do them kenta for example will give you 22-30mil exp per run and if you go with a full party thats insane exp gains from 165-180+

Yeah! This is the second time that I'm back to maple, and I realise that the PQs are dead on the first, this made me really sad.
    J > PQ - TRACK @@@@@@ @@@@@
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I prefer to quest, but unfortunately it's not an efficient way to level :-(
    And when I'm working on my Nth link/legion mule, I just want to get it over with as quickly as possible.
    Hunting solo (with Kishin and HS) is fastest.
    AbajourSlicedTime
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    No Krim lock. The exp gains from PQ lv 166-180 now is not good at all since they give out Kerning tower and Omega sector. That is why you don't find anyone in the PQ entrance anymore even for level 160+. Kerning Tower and Omega Sector beats them by far. especially if you are funded. PQ is absolutely dead by now except for Hmuto PQ of course, because people want that Arcane Force. But after people get their AF max, they will abandoned Hmuto PQ. Hmuto PQ is currently the only interesting PQ.
    Abajour
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited September 2017
    Roni777 wrote: »
    No Krim lock. The exp gains from PQ lv 166-180 now is not good at all since they give out Kerning tower and Omega sector. That is why you don't find anyone in the PQ entrance anymore even for level 160+. Kerning Tower and Omega Sector beats them by far. especially if you are funded. PQ is absolutely dead by now except for Hmuto PQ of course, because people want that Arcane Force. But after people get their AF max, they will abandoned Hmuto PQ. Hmuto PQ is currently the only interesting PQ.

I have to agree to disagree those maps are only as good when you have a decent class that can handle those maps (not to mention the range) and a bishop or kanna or both!, many factors come into play here i mean are you saying you make 22- 30mil exp in 5-6mins without kinshin/bishop in those maps?

Granted those maps are great for soloing but 36k exp a kill even if you kill 200+ of them thats still only 7mil+ with spawn rates with no kanna in a matter of 8 min
    and again this is all depended on your range,class,mobility and if the map is burning, is there a rune?, is the map free of other players?