[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

PSA: Dual Blade and Cannoneer's NEW Return Skills

OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
Reactions: 2,750
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
Source: https://orangemushroom.net/2016/03/23/kms-ver-1-2-254-skill-balancing/

Recursion: Return to the Secret Garden. There is a cooldown of 600 seconds. Return to Maple will be removed and replaced with this skill. If you Free Advance into a Night Lord or Shadower, this skill will be removed and replaced with Return to Maple.

Here is Dual Blade's NEW Return skill.

Come Back Home Cannon: Return to the Nautilus. There is a cooldown of 600 seconds. Return to Maple will be removed and replaced with this skill. If you Free Advance into a Viper or Captain, this skill will be removed and replaced with Return to Maple.

And here is Cannoneer's NEW Return skill.

But if you read the bolded text, the new Return skills create a problem. Dual Blades and Cannoneers can get the Gold Maple Leaf Emblem by completing the Explorer Journal. However, to do so, they need to have access to Maple Island and the only way to return there is to use the Maple Return skill. With the new Return skills replacing Maple Return, Dual Blades and Cannoneers would not be able to complete the journal and therefore would not be able to get the Gold Maple Leaf Emblem.
Sparkz

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Has this issue not been addressed in KMS? These two classes still can't get their emblem?
  • Mallow256Mallow256
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Has this issue not been addressed in KMS? These two classes still can't get their emblem?
    I don't know if they made a way to get back to maple island without the skill, but this was the first thing I thought of when I saw this change coming, and if they still haven't put a workaround in there... then, well... they're just flat out idiots.
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited October 2016
    Can't you take a boat to get there? I remember being able to ride to it at that one port on Victoria Island.
    CatoooloooNeospector
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2016
    iirc all you have to do to reach maple island is go to lith and take a boat to maple island
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2016
    Why even have a skill that returns to maple island? It should return to each classes respective town in victoria island.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    ShadEight
    ShadEight said:

Why even have a skill that returns to maple island? It should return to each classes respective town in victoria island.
    Because they need it for the Explorer's Book quest line (that gives them Emblems). It doesn't actually go to the same Maple Island that beginner explorers start out on, but to a copy of it that only exists for that quest line.

@Gimo and @Catooolooo , as of right now, there's nobody on the boat at Lith Harbor (or anywhere in town) that you can talk to to return to Maple Island.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    Temporary workaround could be to simply open advance to one of the classes that can go to maple island, bang out the quest chain, then go back to the previous class.
    bumbertyr
  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    OdysseyTwo

Source: https://orangemushroom.net/2016/03/23/kms-ver-1-2-254-skill-balancing/

But if you read the bolded text, the new Return skills create a problem. Dual Blades and Cannoneers can get the Gold Maple Leaf Emblem by completing the Explorer Journal. However, to do so, they need to have access to Maple Island and the only way to return there is to use the Maple Return skill. With the new Return skills replacing Maple Return, Dual Blades and Cannoneers would not be able to complete the journal and therefore would not be able to get the Gold Maple Leaf Emblem.
    I appreciate you giving me the heads up. I'll be sure to forward this.
    Its2Sharp4U
  • CanofbeansCanofbeans
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2016
    iirc all you have to do to reach maple island is go to lith and take a boat to maple island
    The boat does not take you to Maple Island anymore. I've tried twice for the questline and it takes me back to Six Path Crossroad's air port.
  • BladeSusanooBladeSusanoo
    Reactions: 810
    edited January 2017
    Canofbeans wrote: »
    iirc all you have to do to reach maple island is go to lith and take a boat to maple island<br />
    <br />
    The boat does not take you to Maple Island anymore. I've tried twice for the questline and it takes me back to Six Path Crossroad's air port.

You have to talk to Olaf