[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Cross-World Channel

JumballiJumballi
Reactions: 695
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Maple feels empty right now to me and a lot of my guildmates, but the last thing we want is a world merger. Sometimes I feel that a single (or several) channel where the whole of the maplestory player base can come together.

The basic objective of this channel would allow Maplers to;
-REACH QUEST OBJECTIVES
-OBTAIN REWARD POINTS
-RESELL CASH ITEMS

Maplers would be in an instance of the Maple World where in a similar aspect to reboot;
-CAN NOT TRADE
-CAN NOT PICK UP SOMEONES DROPS

Additional restrictions such as;
-DROPPING ITEMS
-PICKING UP ITEMS
-GAINING EXPERIENCE

These restrictions would counter the extremely gracious concession to allow any mapler in the channel to fight a boss an unlimited amount of times. The ability to fight a boss without worry of needing to wait for someone else would drastically reduce barriers that newer players face when entering maple, with someone always being available to fight the boss with them now, and their other friends later.

I had also mentioned that in this channel, players would be allowed to resell cash items. With cash items being the primary and foremost way to express themselves, but with some worlds having a decreasing player base, the ability to have access to this feature in Maplestory's potentially most social channel would greatly improve the smaller markets. Most guildmates of mine honestly don't care what restriction is put on this function, only the fact that it is both a necessity and a useful feature that it out weighs the cons Nexon might impose.

Now obviously this is my dreamers ideal, but if enough people put their heads together, something useful might just come from a Cross-World Channel.
  1. Would you like the idea of a Cross-World Channel?8 votes
    1. Yes, make channel where I can interact with aliens!
       63% (5 votes)
    2. No, I like my world the way it is!
       38% (3 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Sounds like exploit heaven.
    Much like Star Planet, which was also cross-world and was closed because Nexon could not prevent hackers from constantly finding new ways to exploit its unique mechanisms to duplicate or generate items.

As for the specifics of your suggestion:

- While you might only care about the cash item market, many other people complain that in "dead" worlds it's impossible to buy or sell good in-game equips, or chairs, or alchemy potions, or... anything, really.

- I don't understand this "unlimited boss entry" deal. Bosses give lots of exp and drops, that's why the entries are limited in the first place.

- What about party quests? Does your cross-world channel allow all PQ's, or are we still limited to the one cross-world PQ that already exists?

You don't say why you think an actual world alliance/merge is a bad idea, but I'm going to assume it's because you don't want crowding in training maps. You want to trade and boss with all of GMS, but train in 100% burning maps with no ks'ers.
    I think a better solution to that would be a big alliance/merge with instanced mini-dungeons for the popular maps, or a lot more channels. It's much simpler to implement, less prone to be exploited or bugged, and allows players complete freedom to do whatever (boss, trade, pq, or even train) with others or alone.
    KlaraIvangold
  • JumballiJumballi
    edited September 2017
    The idea behind this is that you can only kill mobs and bosses to meet quest requirements. Which is why I'm saying reward points only, since you only need to finish the reward point quest to get rp. Yes, some people complain that their markets are dead, but they wouldn't choose to remain in these worlds if they didn't appreciate that fact to some extent.

Also, party quests are quests, so I'd assume that they'd be in the Cross-World Channel.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    >Resell cash items
    >Cannot trade
    pick one
    AKradian wrote: »
    Much like Star Planet, which was also cross-world and was closed because Nexon could not prevent hackers from constantly finding new ways to exploit its unique mechanisms to duplicate or generate items.

- While you might only care about the cash item market, many other people complain that in "dead" worlds it's impossible to buy or sell good in-game equips, or chairs, or alchemy potions, or... anything, really.

- I don't understand this "unlimited boss entry" deal. Bosses give lots of exp and drops, that's why the entries are limited in the first place.

- What about party quests? Does your cross-world channel allow all PQ's, or are we still limited to the one cross-world PQ that already exists?

You don't say why you think an actual world alliance/merge is a bad idea, but I'm going to assume it's because you don't want crowding in training maps. You want to trade and boss with all of GMS, but train in 100% burning maps with no ks'ers.
    I think a better solution to that would be a big alliance/merge with instanced mini-dungeons for the popular maps, or a lot more channels. It's much simpler to implement, less prone to be exploited or bugged, and allows players complete freedom to do whatever (boss, trade, pq, or even train) with others or alone.
    the reason why starplanet was exploitable was because every time you went to star planet you were also jumping to a different server (with channel select), we technically do have a channel that is dedicated to just crossing other worlds together but it's limited to the cross world PQ. Also gona add that the closure in GMS was not specifically due to the exploits at hand, just due to KMS's closure of Star planet that also did have many bots for farming points, which caused all other services to close star planet as well.

I can agree to having a social hangout channel and PQ channel for all the worlds to be together in, but once trading is involved I can't agree with it. Even with Cash items only, it opens a path of item and meso duping exploits across worlds. the only reason why the cross world PQ channel works well is because of the trading restrictions, remove/ weaken that, and it will become a big issue.
  • JumballiJumballi
    edited September 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    >Resell cash items
    >Cannot trade
    pick one
    I'd assume it could have been done with an FM/AH model where nexon could insert a guiding hand to prevent exploits and such.
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited July 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

For the first one that's why we have AH.

The second one i'd agree with your statement.

I would also throw out the possibility of more Party play zones in maps too help the many *Cough* "Pro Multi-Computer users" ;)

This discussion has been closed.