[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

WORLD MERGE COMPETITION

KhongiKhongi
Reactions: 2,140
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
jweOhtl.png + Q6uDKeD.png
WORLD MERGE (NEW ALLIANCE) COMPETITION

Suggestion & Request : Merging Broni MYBCKN & GRAZED (and it sounds like Windia too, sorry I didn't add your logo to original line) but instead of ending up with a stupid long acronym create a world with a new world name and logo. Decide that name + logo by hosting a competition for players to enter where they submit either a name or a world logo (or both), nexon picks the finalists and then players vote. The most popular name + logo wins and that's the new world name that Broni MYBCKN & GRAZED (+ windia) gets merged into.

Once the merge is complete those in the new world who log into it for the first time get a "[NEW WORLD NAME] Pride" medal just like the last time we all merged. It's not a high stat medal more memento of the merge and it displays the new logo plus name & it allows us to feel pride in our new bold world (because let's face it, those of us who are remaining in these dying worlds will be an exciting mix of staunch eccentrics so world pride is important.)
00ES3-a29d6132-36eb-4121-aa04-efb648f4fb95.png
DividedFlow

Comments

• F1NS1NF1NS1N
    Reactions: 700
    edited September 2017
    Name Broa with Broa's icon. It is the oldest of those and logical choice.

I'm from Broa by the way!
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited September 2017
    Good idea, but please don't call Khroa Broni. 'Tis a silly name.
  • KhongiKhongi
    edited September 2017
    F1NS1N wrote: »
    Name Broa with Broa's icon. It is the oldest of those and logical choice.
    I'm from Broa by the way!
    I'm old Broan too, was thinking that (maybe with MYBCKN colors) but others are loyal to their name too so didn't want anyone who is remaining on the sinking ships to feel bad what so ever and if a new name and new logo makes everyone feel proud of their new home then I think that's the way to go.
    Good idea, but please don't call Khroa Broni. 'Tis a silly name.
    sorry old bora player myself, never been happy with khroa as it sounds meh to me, Broni cracks me up so won't change it but glad you like the idea.

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    The tombstone when you die is a great icon for a dead world.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited September 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    The tombstone when you die is a great icon for a dead world.

That's just mean dude. Come on.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    call it the maple union
  • ZouyiroZouyiro
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited September 2017
    If you don't want to play empty servers just transfer to Bera like most of the players are doing, when Nexon look at those worlds with a few players playing there they'll sooner or later merge them.
  • KhongiKhongi
    edited September 2017
    I think the post is going off track a little so I'm going to put it back on track, this post is not about me wanting to play in high population world (I'm 100% fine staying in broa, it's nice there.) This post is about suggesting a competition.

From the look of things it's likely there will be a merge and if there is instead of having a stupid long acronym of all the combined worlds why not make a new world name with a new logo and instead of nexon just making one that some players may hate (thus hating their tiny worlds even more) make the decision more inclusive by hosting a naming/logo competition. They hosted a logo competition before dual blades came out where players made a logo, nexon choose the finalist and everyone votes, it was fun and so I was using that as inspiration for the competition.