[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Who ISN'T transferring to Bera?

Comments

• SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited September 2017
    엘소드 wrote: »
    Have you guys heard of Devil's advocate? It's when you intentionally play the opposite side of a debate to promote deeper thinking about the topic. Backing out and saying "I don't need to justify my decision to you" isn't very thought provoking.

Topic is titled "Who isn't transferring to Bera", not "Why are/aren't you transferring to Bera". Nothing in the topic title or opening post by the topic creator asked for your thought as to why you are or aren't moving.

If you want to play devil's advocate, do so in the appropriate discussion/debate topic. TC made it clear that this topic is to count who's moving or not in post #8.
    Toreishi wrote: »
    ...drama.
    Well tbh I don't really care if people want to discuss their reason for not moving to Bera. It's their own decision in the end.
    I guess ZephyrusSpring wants to start a discuss/debate about it or something. But remember it's not mandatory, so whatever.

However, what I don't like is when Berans come in here basically trying to get people to move to Bera, which is obviously not the point of this thread. There's that Bera thread for that, or make your own thread.
  • RonRonRonRon
    Reactions: 400
    edited September 2017
    I'm on Renegades and I'm debating if I should move or stay. My wife wants me to transfer to Bera, but Bera looks way too crowded for my liking. Also most of my friends moved to other server, while others haven't returned from their breaks yet, so if I do move, I'm probably never going to see them again :'(
  • wishtheycaredwishtheycared
    Reactions: 655
    edited September 2017
    RonRon wrote: »
    I'm on Renegades and I'm debating if I should move or stay. My wife wants me to transfer to Bera, but Bera looks way too crowded for my liking. Also most of my friends moved to other server, while others haven't returned from their breaks yet, so if I do move, I'm probably never going to see them again :'(

Listen to your wife, she'll haunt you. You can easily dodge crowded places. However, dodging your wife because you skipped world-leap is going to be much harder.
    Itay.
    Yonax
  • SashiSashi
    Reactions: 790
    edited September 2017
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Broa is home.

But you left girlll
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited September 2017
    I cant even play tho but am staying in Demethos its been my home since the pirate class joined maple
  • Traveler5577Traveler5577
    Reactions: 1,995
    edited September 2017
    This thread wouldn't have drawn enough attention for a second page if not for our friendly neighbourhood edgelord painting the world in black and white. What's the point of a thread in which all the posts are essentially "me", "I'm not", "I am", etc.

Substance people. Discussion, thought, drama. I don't care whether you want to transfer or not, as I said above I'm not transferring. However, I have taken time out of my day to encourage you to think about your reasons and respond to our generalist here. Forming your thoughts into words is a great way to work them out. Even if you don't hit the post button, try writing out a response anyway. It can only help you.

i honestly wished more people believed that is what i have tryed to do. and in life i am facing a tough choice, and i started maplestory with these people. and it feels they wont take me back as friends xD. but enough feeling down about me, i choose to stick with this game and play because i love it.
    Lilyflower
  • InfernoKanjiInfernoKanji
    Reactions: 200
    edited September 2017
    In the... 9-10 years I've played this game, I've jumped to almost every single world, and only recently have I returned to my first world, Broa. But gosh, being an older player without any friends in Broa and still being a newbie (still stuck at that level 150 range) makes it hard to stay. I could easily restart in a new world which is more popular and potentially have a better shot of making substantial gains.
    But there's the emotional connection I have with Broa being the very first world I ever made a character in and all that jazz. I'm gonna log in again and see how the activity is and decide after that.
    Plus having to make more characters for linking and passive buff purposes makes it a headache to keep switching all the time.
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited September 2017
    I know that many people on forum said they're moving to Bera, but here's my question.
    1. How do I know those people are originally from Bera, and trying to increase their server population?
    2. How do I know that so many people are moving to Bera based on forum alone, when some don't even use forum at all?
    3. How come they say other servers, like Scania, is going to be dead, when Scania server population seems to be very high?
    I want to play in good well-populated server, but I want to move to Bera, ONLY if I know for sure that the server is going to be more populated and better than other servers. Anyone know how I can check that for sure?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Pigaba wrote: »
    I know that many people on forum said they're moving to Bera, but here's my question.
    1. How do I know those people are originally from Bera, and trying to increase their server population?
    2. How do I know that so many people are moving to Bera based on forum alone, when some don't even use forum at all?
    3. How come they say other servers, like Scania, is going to be dead, when Scania server population seems to be very high?
    I want to play in good well-populated server, but I want to move to Bera, ONLY if I know for sure that the server is going to be more populated and better than other servers. Anyone know how I can check that for sure?

You can look at the rankings on the website. If everybody seems to be moving up (blue arrows) then that means people are leaving.
    Also if you join the official Discord you can see people talk about it, people who have been there for at least a few weeks and we know they were from other worlds and now changed to Bera. And say their entire guild or alliance moved with them.

Not so many people from Scania have moved. It's mostly people from servers that were "empty" to begin with.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited September 2017
    I am proud of you few brave souls that chose to stay standing alone and fighting back "THE NOTHING" that is threatening your worlds. But i was too afraid of the emptyness that is the nothing. So i like many others fled to the safe haven of bera.

Yes never ending story reference i love it.
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited September 2017
    I am proud of you few brave souls that chose to stay standing alone and fighting back "THE NOTHING" that is threatening your worlds. But i was too afraid of the emptyness that is the nothing. So i like many others fled to the safe haven of bera.

Cool story bro... not. Still don't care, especially with your bullshet acting. You remind me of the other poster, inukiroya, copying and pasting from that very same thread to this same thread, as if you thought your post was so amazing and worth repeating. "THE NOTHING" oh noz, that needs capitalization and quotes.

There's one thing I'm sure everyone else will agree on about your post. "YOU'RE TRYING TOO HARD." Don't you find it embarrassing at all?
    krsk
  • DividedFlowDividedFlow
    Reactions: 1,135
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    As for me, it's like my best friend put it, "I was born in this server, and I'm gonna banned in it!"

Yes, I'm a proud "noob" for staying. Doesn't mean I don't give a damn about actually playing or gaining range.

There is one good thing about herd mentality though.
    A lot of the toxic people also follow where the crowd goes. Mostly just the peace-lovers left. Less drama.

In all honesty, if my favorites moved, I would too.
    Home is where the heart is and my closest friends have mine.
    They are the real reason I'm still clinging on to this game (that and my childhood).
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited September 2017
    I have found Bera just as friendly as grazed was. I feel that your statement displays how narrow your views are. Like all things, you cant say with certainty that the majority of the players that make a world leap are toxic. That statement i find to be stereotyping the people that participated in the world leap event. When the truth is that all sorts of players are making the move. I ask you to apologize to those players as i am sure most may be offended.
    As for me, it's like my best friend put it, "I was born in this server, and I'm gonna banned in it!"

Yes, I'm a proud "noob" for staying. Doesn't mean I don't give a damn about actually playing or gaining range.

A lot of the toxic people also follow where the crowd goes. Mostly just the peace-lovers left. Less drama.

They are the real reason I'm still clinging on to this game (that and my childhood).

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited September 2017

I feel like it's not really that big of a deal? Yeah, the population is going to decrease in some worlds, but it's not like no one's going to be left.
  • DividedFlowDividedFlow
    Reactions: 1,135
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I have found Bera just as friendly as grazed was. I feel that your statement displays how narrow your views are. Like all things, you cant say with certainty that the majority of the players that make a world leap are toxic. That statement i find to be stereotyping the people that participated in the world leap event. When the truth is that all sorts of players are making the move. I ask you to apologize to those players as i am sure most may be offended.

I assure you sir (or madam), that I had no intention to insult you or any friendly player who's leapt worlds. I was merely stating my satisfaction that the actual toxic players have hopped onto the bandwagon as well, are no longer in my world to bother me. Of course I don't mean that everyone who left is not a peace-lover or a good person. I'm sure majority of the players are really nice people who keep MS alive.

I am simply not a fan of big crowds as that's where unnecessary drama tends to follow.

I do apologise if you have been wounded by this misunderstanding.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited September 2017

I feel like it's not really that big of a deal? Yeah, the population is going to decrease in some worlds, but it's not like no one's going to be left.

Actually, I am from Scania, and few days ago (even now) I i checked Scania, Bera and Windia over and over, and believe me these worlds are such ghost towns right now.
    I literally couldn't even find 1 active (not being afk 24/7) person in henesys/henesys market.

So I just decided to leave, at least here in Bera I found a LOT of new, awesome friends :D

But I can totally understand people who wants to stay in their worlds (such as Broa/Grazed, etc) but it's just, for me, a dead world, is just.... not for me, lol.
    I like it as many more people as possible, but like, 3-5 ppl in henesys, when they're all afk... it's just.... well I'd pass, lol. GL to you thuogh.
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited October 2017
    Broa is home.
    Sashi wrote: »
    Broa is home.

But you left girlll

When I didn't see the paper hat around town I had a mini RIP moment