[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Suggestion : Make an EMS Reboot World

BuckYouBuckYou
Reactions: 1,490
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Right now the GMS Reboot World can get pretty crowded and laggy during peak times. They should make an EMS version of Reboot so that the population can be spread out a little bit and also EMS players can have a server that is in their region to reduce ping issues.
  1. Should they create an EMS version for Reboot33 votes
    1. Yes
       73% (24 votes)
    2. No
       27% (9 votes)

Comments

• wouldntyouliketoknowwouldntyouliketoknow
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2018
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited September 2017
    there are a lot of players waiting for another reboot server because the only one is soo crowded and they announced reboot for luna 9 months ago

and they still only said the think about it.....

maybe after the whole merge/transfer buissness is over. they finally decide adding it. ^^
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    From one of the many other duplicate threads on this topic:
    Daxi wrote: »
    Honestly I just don't think there's the population for it.

An EU Reboot would be comprised of those from Europe who currently play NA Reboot and are willing to completely restart and those in Luna who would be willing to drop Luna in favor of the new server. I'm not convinced there's enough people to warrant a new server based on that.

I know many of us who play NA Reboot from Europe would not be willing to restart on a EU Reboot server, we would sooner remain on the more populated server we've already put so much effort into.

I also think Nexon would have considered not just initial interest, but the cost of maintaining the server once the hype has died down and those who currently play Luna go back to Luna and those who have already put a lot of effort into NA Reboot go back to NA Reboot.
  • xCoraxCora
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited September 2017
    ohhh daxiii
    xCora wrote: »
    true right after the merge when they announced eu reboot it was the best.
    some tried it out and waited paicently for the release but it never came, almost a year later they say they think about it.
    so they already forgot their promise once..

now it has been another 2 months without any news and people are still waiting.
    almost like during the merge time when it got delayed further and further

if they release it i would probably still like to start fresh with a new char
    i love new beginnings at specially when everyone isnt 1 year ahead of you from the start.
    no smega about guys illegaly selling their cra runs, no begging for carries, people might acutlly party up to kill some easier bosses
    like ht or hilla on early levels since nobody has all their link chars etc ready

i would love to say no botters but meh they probably swamp over even if the server was less popular...

anyways im 100% for eu reboot and im probably gonna keep reminding them

i still believe people would love a fresh start.

its more demotivating to play in a crowded place when everything feels like everything you do you getting carried....
    (and seeing people smega prices for cra hmag carries...)
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    its more demotivating to play in a crowded place when everything feels like everything you do you getting carried....
    (and seeing people smega prices for cra hmag carries...)

At the start of GMS Reboot hackers were already selling carries within days, if your issue with with tos violators buying/selling carries then it wouldn't be fixed with a new Reboot server. If anything, cheaters buying carries is less of an issue in Reboot now because you can more easily get the carries for free.
    true right after the merge when they announced eu reboot it was the best.
    some tried it out and waited paicently for the release but it never came, almost a year later they say they think about it.
    so they already forgot their promise once..

Many of us were told there was going to be a EU Reboot when GMS Reboot first came out, which is almost 2 years ago now. At the time I think there was the demand for it, but not now.
    if they release it i would probably still like to start fresh with a new char

If anything the community would be better served by having a second NA Reboot server, which I'm obviously not in favor of, but at least it would appeal to a greater number of people.

However, your personal desire to have a new server every month or so (even though there's already a server you can start fresh in) doesn't itself justify the need for a new server.
    i love new beginnings at specially when everyone isnt 1 year ahead of you from the start.

People aren't 1 year ahead of you, they're x number of hours ahead of you. My new main is only a few months old and it's doing Lucid. I didn't play Reboot for over 6 months and in terms of levels I'm ahead of everyone.

If you're willing to put in more effort then the next guy you'll end up ahead of them, if you're not you'll end up in the same relative position compared to the next guy even on a new server within a few weeks.
    no smega about guys illegaly selling their cra runs, no begging for carries, people might acutlly party up to kill some easier bosses
    like ht or hilla on early levels since nobody has all their link chars etc ready

Were you not around for the start of Reboot? There was significantly more shady trading from day 1 then there is now and begging for carries has been happening since literally day 1. :P
    i still believe people would love a fresh start.

If you just want a "fresh start", then make a new account and play on the current Reboot.

If you want a "fresh competition" then you want a server to play on for a month, which is my main issue. After a month it's no longer a "fresh start".
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2017
    Hello,
    Im a player that lives in europe, today i logged in as usual on reboot gms and i was constantly dcing, i even dced when hard magnus got killed and i missed the drops.
    After half an hour being extremelly mad i try to play on luna and OMFG the difference is huge, there is no loot lag, i dont dc, everything is so smooth, sadly i dont want to play on a normal server because is p2w, sure u can get like 2m range without paying but once u reach such point, every single player asks for dollars for their items or euros in europe is really ridiculous, its impossible to buy a really good item with pure mesos, and if anyone is willing to sell u for mesos the item, the price is even more ridiculous, making you, forcing you to make your own items by buying nx.
    I really love maplestory, but the lag and the disconecting issues are slowly making me little by little wanting to quit the game.
    This is why i suggest that you pls make a reboot europe server, there i wont lag at all, the disconnecting issues will be MUCH rare and ill have a better experience overal while playing maple.
    Im sure a lot of people will benefit from this decision.
    Thank you for reading this post and taking it into consideration,
    European person.
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2017
    lol theres like 12 players on Europe cmon man dont divide us notlikethis

Have u even logged in luna server?
    It is more populated than bera and scania
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2017

An EU Reboot would be comprised of those from Europe who currently play NA Reboot and are willing to completely restart and those in Luna who would be willing to drop Luna in favor of the new server. I'm not convinced there's enough people to warrant a new server based on that.

I know many of us who play NA Reboot from Europe would not be willing to restart on a EU Reboot server, we would sooner remain on the more populated server we've already put so much effort into.

I also think Nexon would have considered not just initial interest, but the cost of maintaining the server once the hype has died down and those who currently play Luna go back to Luna and those who have already put a lot of effort into NA Reboot go back to NA Reboot.

I would gladly restart all over if that means no lag issues and no dc issues which is what having a reboot europe server means for europeans, trust me theres a huge difference between playing in gms and playing in EMS for europeans.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited October 2017
    I like the idea of a EU reboot server, I'm a Luna player myself. But I don't think this would be beneficial for other servers, especially in terms of GM's patrolling, I barely see them at the moment, so if a reboot EU server will be created, it will be invested with botters, unless GM's get taken from other servers to patroll in EU Reboot. Either way it is a bad thing. It will just put more pressure on the Nexon team.

Maybe after servers get merged there will be room for an additional server, but I always think quality of servers should be chosen over quantity of servers.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    darik wrote: »
    I would gladly restart all over if that means no lag issues and no dc issues which is what having a reboot europe server means for europeans, trust me theres a huge difference between playing in gms and playing in EMS for europeans.

I am a European playing Reboot from Europe who also plays Luna. I've also played more Reboot then any other European player.

The DC issues plague everyone and every server regardless of your geographical location in relation to the server location.

To be clear, I didn't suggest that no one would be willing to restart, I claimed there are many who would not be willing to restart (myself being one of them). Also that the total potential potential population for a EU Reboot is significantly less then the current GMS Reboot.

Total GMS Reboot population = Players from all the regular GMS servers combined who moved to Reboot + EU Players who started in Reboot and would now be unwilling to move to a new EU Reboot + EU Players currently playing GMS Reboot who would be willing to restart + Players who returned to Maplestory to play Reboot

Total potential EU Reboot population = EU Players currently playing GMS Reboot who would be willing to restart + Luna players waiting for EU Reboot + People from the EU not playing at all waiting for a EU Reboot

My belief is that the potential EU Reboot population is not enough to foster the sort of community people expect (since the population would end up significantly less then Luna currently, which is already not ideal) nor enough to warrant a new server.

• DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

• darikdarik
    edited October 2017
    I like the idea of a EU reboot server, I'm a Luna player myself. But I don't think this would be beneficial for other servers, especially in terms of GM's patrolling, I barely see them at the moment, so if a reboot EU server will be created, it will be invested with botters, unless GM's get taken from other servers to patroll in EU Reboot. Either way it is a bad thing. It will just put more pressure on the Nexon team.

Maybe after servers get merged there will be room for an additional server, but I always think quality of servers should be chosen over quantity of servers.

well have u ever played gms when ure at europe?
    The lag is INSANE compared to luna(ping included, wh8ich means some classes are unplayable if ure from europe and try to play at GMS), if u understand this u can understand that europeans also want a reboot players, a smooth lag free server that isnt pay to win.
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2017
    darik wrote: »

I am a European playing Reboot from Europe who also plays Luna. I've also played more Reboot then any other European player.

The DC issues plague everyone and every server regardless of your geographical location in relation to the server location.

To be clear, I didn't suggest that no one would be willing to restart, I claimed there are many who would not be willing to restart (myself being one of them). Also that the total potential potential population for a EU Reboot is significantly less then the current GMS Reboot.

Total GMS Reboot population = Players from all the regular GMS servers combined who moved to Reboot + EU Players who started in Reboot and would now be unwilling to move to a new EU Reboot + EU Players currently playing GMS Reboot who would be willing to restart + Players who returned to Maplestory to play Reboot

Total potential EU Reboot population = EU Players currently playing GMS Reboot who would be willing to restart + Luna players waiting for EU Reboot + People from the EU not playing at all waiting for a EU Reboot

My belief is that the potential EU Reboot population is not enough to foster the sort of community people expect (since the population would end up significantly less then Luna currently, which is already not ideal) nor enough to warrant a new server.

Ive tried playing in luna and ive had no issues with DC AT ALL, then i went back to GMS and after 5mins logged in with a character on GMS i DC...
  • Shades2Shades2
    Reactions: 585
    edited October 2017
    they need to remake a eu reboot... lots of players would go to it.. I don't believe half the stuff daxi is saying lol.
    darik
  • Shades2Shades2
    Reactions: 585
    edited October 2017
    they need to remake a eu reboot... lots of players would go to it.. I don't believe half the stuff daxi is saying lol.
  • DaxiDaxi
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Shades2 wrote: »

• Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited October 2017
    Been waiting for one for nearly a year now since it was promised with the GMS/EMS merge!
    darik
  • DarkRoosterDarkRooster
    Reactions: 310
    edited October 2017
    Honestly Nexon not investing in EU is the whole reason why its in such bad state in first place. Starting with old time year later content and coming to to day where EU doesn't even get a chance to get their own reboot server. Huge chunk of players for sake of it plays on GMS with huge lag spikes, all the dc things and endures pain on daily base.

EU needs some attention, so we can get huge chunk of EU players who play on GMS back to ourselves, or even keep the new and returning players in, because right now EU has nothing to offer on pleasurable MS experience. What is the point on playing in one ruined sad Luna server which is only one that exists in EMS if GMS has all the party with 18 servers of which one is reboot and GMS will always have fame and attention.

If EU is always left to die why split it so many years ago in first place. Right now people who live in EU has 2 choices and both are bad. Long term this is just simply losing player base.
    darik