[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Regarding region-limitation

MorbeelzemMorbeelzem
Reactions: 750
edited October 2017 in General Chat
hello, im from Indonesia, i've read article about "region-limitation" and it stated that "Only players in Indonesia that have a GMS account created on or before 5/1/2014 are able to play on GMS."

but, i just made my account yesterday, i can login just fine, already made my character, apparently i didnt get blocked at all.

so just wanted some confirmation, does region-limitation already removed ?

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited October 2017
    Interesting, the limits should still be the same.

MapleStory Region Limitations
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »

perhaps they were lifted due to the failure of the Indonesia MS service
    the service started like mid 2015 and died near the beginning of 2016
  • MorbeelzemMorbeelzem
    edited October 2017
    Invulgo wrote: »

there's thread about this too in 2016, and no one from nexon has said anything.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/870/region-lock-restrictions-removed

im gonna quote his post:
    Hi,

I am a brazilian player of MapleStory, as a old player I can access the game with no restrictions because I have a really old account from ealier 2008.
    I know Brazilians are supposed to play the European Version of the game, but the merge is about to hit our beloved game and after that there will be no restrictions for us, here in Brazil.
    However, after the today's big update, I received some report by friends that something turned off on Nexon side and we, here in brazil can now access the game with no restrictions.
    I tried to contact the support section via live-chat but they don't know anything about this, theres none information about this internal nor official.
    I don't know where else to go to find more informations about this, we have here TWO scenarios:
    1. they meant to release the IP-block and failed to anounce it or choose to not do.
    2. it's a glitch and this shouldn't be happening

I made a new mule account and tried to enter in the game and it does work, I can access the game right now, I wonder if there's any European user in this forum that could try to log-in game in a brand new account and confirm it?

If any community manager or ADM can get this topic to the apropriated section I appreciate. this don't really affects me but it does affect some friends and ppl in a personal community about maplestory that i run on Facebook.

Thanks ya'll

also this is from his reddit post :
    I want to bring this to you guys attention, but, since last update, we here in brazil can log-in game with no restrictions, and i have confirmation from Viet ppl too, i don't know if this was intentional, but if this wasnt, this is A BIG PROBLEM, because ppl here are downloading the game and even buying NX since Nexon introduced a way to do it from local services in their website last month, if you allow this ppl to get-in, buy your digital credit, you can't take it away, at least not in a legal way, so please if any representant can give this a heads up, i'll appreciate.
    Here is a thread I created in the official forum last night, but yet none representant or CM showed up to bring some light in this matter: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/870/region-lock-restrictions-removed
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Brazil is a different case.
    When Brazil MS closed, the players were directed to use EMS. So, when EMS migrated the GMS, Brazilian players were, too (although the restriction might have been lifted before the migration was completed, for some reason).
  • MorbeelzemMorbeelzem
    edited October 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    Brazil is a different case.
    When Brazil MS closed, the players were directed to use EMS. So, when EMS migrated the GMS, Brazilian players were, too (although the restriction might have been lifted before the migration was completed, for some reason).

yeah i already know about brazil
    but vietnam which was completely blocked before got ip-block removed too, the same case as indonesia
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited October 2017
    I don't believe Indonesia was ever blocked.
    Would you be able to inform us where you gathered this information: "Only players in Indonesia that have a GMS account created on or before 5/1/2014 are able to play on GMS."

*Update*

I was informed that Indonesia was unblocked in 2016. There should be no issue now.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited October 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Would you be able to inform us where you gathered this information: "Only players in Indonesia that have a GMS account created on or before 5/1/2014 are able to play on GMS."

*Update*

I was informed that Indonesia was unblocked in 2016. There should be no issue now.

so I was right
    Catooolooo wrote: »

perhaps they were lifted due to the failure of the Indonesia MS service
    the service started like mid 2015 and died near the beginning of 2016

• MorbeelzemMorbeelzem
    edited October 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »

*Update*

finally some confirmation, thanks arwoo !

btw i found those information exactly from maplestory website : https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204080189