[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Musician Based Class?

MoeruHoheiMoeruHohei
Reactions: 850
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As the title mentions, I had a random idea pop into mind, and wanted to share it before I forgot. Its a bit of a long read as well, so bear with me.

Class Name(Tentative):Bard
Starting Area: Commerci (Story opening), Henesys
Gear Type: Mage/Ranger
Weapon: Harp
Role: Support/DPS depending on "Tempo" (More on that later)
Primary Stat: DEX/INT
No mana, uses a special stat called "Hype'(Tentative name) Starts with 10 hype.

First job:
Strum: Modifies your basic attack into a ranged attack, regaining 1 "Hype".
Concerto: Fires a projectile, passing through up to 4 enemies. Consumes 1 hype.
  • Accelerando: Increases Damage dealt
  • Ritardando: passing through allies grants them a defense buff for 5 seconds.
Tempo Change: Change tempos.
  • Accelerando: Increase attack speed, move speed, adds effects skills
  • Ritardando: Increases defenses, adds effects to skills

Harp Mastery: Increases stats

Second Job:
Strum II: Strum now hits up to two enemies, regains 2 "Hype"
Accelerando II: Amplifies the effects of Accelerando per level, Accelerando now also grants bonus ATT.
Ritardando II: Amplifies the effects of Ritardando per level, Ritardando now increases duration of buffs given by skills.
Capriccio: Create an area that moves with you. Enemies within the area are slowed, Allies are sped up. Consumes 1 "Hype" per second
  • Accelerando: Enemies within the area take damage. Now consumes 2 Hype per second.
  • Ritardando: Allies are healed over time, Now consumes 3 Hype per second.
Growing Talent: Gain 5 Hype per skill point

Third Job:
Strum III: Strum now hits up to three enemies, regains 3 "Hype" per enemy hit.
Building Volume: Adds the Growing Tempo buff, increasing the power of skills depending on number of stacks. (Max 5) Gain stacks by attacking with skills.
Grand Concerto: Amplifies Concerto. Now does damage to up to 6 enemies.
  • Accelerando: Increases damage dealt, now does an additional amount of bonus damage equaling the number Growing Tempo stacks.
  • Ritardando: Skill passing through allies now heals them for 10% HP, increasing 5% per Growing Tempo stacks.
Growing Talent II: Gain 5 more Hype per skill point.
Tempo Plus: Changing tempos will briefly increase movespeed and recover 10 Hype
Bass Drop: Jump up into the Air, and do damage in an area around you to up to 8 enemies.
Power Tuning: Increase attack speed , ATT, and defense ignore/healing amount depending on stance.

Fourth Job:
Encore: Reduce the cooldowns of skills by 10% per skill level upon activation.
Fever Pitch: Adds one more possible stack to Growing Tempo per skill level
Power Chord: Amplifies Concerto, now hits up to 10 enemies.
  • Accelerando: Now gives Boss ATT and DEF ignore, 2% per Growing Tempo stack.
  • Ritardando: Gives Allies bonus Boss ATT and DEF ignore, 2% per growing Tempo stack
Grand Canon: Immediately gain 10 Growing Tempo Stacks.
Finishing Coda: consumes all Growing Tempo stacks, dealing massive damage to up to 10 enemies, damage increases with number of stacks consumed.
  • Accelerando: Enemies are inflicted with a DoT debuff, damage over time increases with number of Growing Tempo Stats consumed.
  • Ritardando: Allies the skill passes through gain 10% to their ATT, and a shield that blocks 1 source of damage 1 time.
Commerci Guardian: maple warrior by another name.

Fifth Job:
Power Noise: Consumes all Growing Tempo stacks, and all remaining hype, creating a slow moving soundwave that deals damage depending on Hype and stacks consumed. Hype recovers 2x as fast afterwards for 20 seconds.

Hyper Skill:
I have no idea.

So as you can see, this is just sort of a bunch of ideas, and haven't really been balanced at all. Just sort of a brain dump. Feel free to leave feedback.

cC5NwXE.gif

1. Does this sound fun?11 votes
    1. Yes
       91% (10 votes)
    2. No
       9% (1 vote)

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    Seems interesting, but there's a couple things that might need to be tweaked.

First: The healing skills need a cooldown.

Second: Tempo change needs a cooldown.

Also, is this class using att or m. att? Because the passives give att, but the class uses int and dex.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2017
    encore will need a cooldown
  • MoeruHoheiMoeruHohei
    edited October 2017
    encore will need a cooldown
    Seems interesting, but there's a couple things that might need to be tweaked.

First: The healing skills need a cooldown.

Second: Tempo change needs a cooldown.

Also, is this class using att or m. att? Because the passives give att, but the class uses int and dex.
    Well, like I said, it was kind of an idea dump, I didn't think that far into balancing and CD. I was also fairly drunk while writing this tbh.

• MoeruHoheiMoeruHohei
    edited October 2017
    I might wrote a fully fleshed out one in the future once I have it all figured out.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Good start, could be interesting. I'd make one.