[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Fixed] Maplestory White box

YamiNLYamiNL
Reactions: 550
edited September 2017 in Tech Support
So today my Maplestory game has been giving me extreme instability issues and i decided to restart my computer.
Once i do i load up my Nexon Launcher again and try loading up the game but then i'm greeted with a white box that only says Maplestory as the name and 'Ok' below it, nothing else is in it, even if i don't click the 'Ok' option it automatically closes.

I tried to re-install Maplestory 3 times today and restarted more than 5 times but the same error keeps appearing, nothing that i did or have on my computer affected this behavior on the game client but beforehand i have been trying to log for the past 4hrs -Roughly between 7AM until 11-12PM EDT- and all i've been getting was Abnormal program terminating and The freezing issues nonstop.

Is there a way to fix this at all, if so please let me know.

The white box started to appear around 12PM -EDT- and so on . It's stil the same error.
- - EDIT - -
- I was able to fix te issue, it might help you too.
- - - Look for the folder containing Maplestory and copy it.
- - Make a new folder [Better in documents for faster accesibility] and paste the game inside the folder .
- - Uninstall the game through Nexon Launcher and uninstall Nexon Launcher.
- -Redownload Nexon Launcher and login.
- -Search for Maplestory through the game library and click it.
- -Click the three dots next to your name and click Settings, head over to the second option which is Game Install / Update.
- -Click on Change Folder and click the document where your copied Maplestory game is and then click 'Ok.'
- -Logout of Nexon Launcher and relog back in, check your settings again if it changed the direction to the new one then head to Maplestory's game and click download.
- -Since the game's already in the new document it will verify your game and then open it.
- -Enjoy.

- - Hope this works. It worked for me and so far i hadn't run into the problem anymore as of now.
  1. Was this helpful?5 votes
    1. Yeah
       40% (2 votes)
    2. Nah
       60% (3 votes)

Comments

• YamiNLYamiNL
    Reactions: 550
    edited September 2017
    <3
  • muhhamuhha
    Reactions: 960
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Found easier method if anyone prefers here...

Worked for me
  • LunasAuraLunasAura
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2017
    i still get the blank box, even after a clean install.. guess i'll just have to quit maple.