[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Elite Monster Drop Table Frequency

MiraMira
Reactions: 4,160
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,

At the beginning of the Tune Up patch, Elite Monsters had a much higher rate of dropping the rarer items (Cubic (Chaos) Blades, Hammers, Prot Scrolls, etc). Somewhere along the line, that drop table changed back to what it was. I think it would be extremely beneficial to change it back to the early Post-Tune Up table - the average player does not have access to a plethora of these items with which to craft/scroll, and having Elite Monsters drop them more frequently a) helps alleviate that problem (especially for the unfunded players) and b) incentivizes people to actually train in order to spawn the elite monsters. If the drop table was -too- high at the time I'd understand (you essentially had a 90% chance of getting one of the aforementioned items when you killed an Elite Monster), but I think there needs to be some middle ground.

Thoughts?
  1. Should Elite Monsters have a more frequent 'premium reward' drop rate?7 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (7 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I think we should look into revamping elites so that when one spawns you actually want to kill it and don't see it as a waste of time.

We could also make it more difficult for botters by making the rewards more plentiful but untradable. Specifically I mean that they would become realistic to self-farm but not be tradable anymore.
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited October 2017
    On reboot elite monsters only seem like a way to spawn an elite boss later on, there is 0 incentive to actually kill them since they can take ages on higher level unfunded characters and they don't drop anything useful as it seems.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I think we should look into revamping elites so that when one spawns you actually want to kill it and don't see it as a waste of time.

We could also make it more difficult for botters by making the rewards more plentiful but untradable. Specifically I mean that they would become realistic to self-farm but not be tradable anymore.

Muahahaha, that would be HILARIOUS! Anything to mess with botters!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »

Then they'd sell equips improved with the untradeable stuff. Same as they do with cubes now.