[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Noted Questions from the Weekly Livestream AMA

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited October 2017 in General Chat
Here are a couple questions that I was able to note down from this week's livestream.
We'll be sure to do more of these types of livestreams in the future!

Q: Why are certain packages only limited to Reboot? Please make them available to every world!
A: We've expressed this feedback to our team and we would like to make exclusive Reboot CS items available to non-Reboot servers. It may not be at around the exact same time Reboot gets them, but this means these items will no longer be excluded from regular worlds.

Q: What happened to pets being able to be made transparent? Can we expect this in the future?
A: We were just as surprised as everyone when this function wasn't working properly on live, but was without any issues on PTS. We're currently investigating this case and we'll see if we can have it addressed. Ideally, we'd like to see if we can implement the suggestion to separate each transparency slider for maximum customization suited to each individual.

Q: Reboot EU servers. Is it ever going to happen?
A: This is being discussed with our game team, but we are requesting to see if it can be done in the future.

Q: Please bring Bonus Potential onto Reboot!
A: This is interesting to hear as the main concern was a potential dislike of power creep. However, at the same time this request is understandable as it also adds a layer of progression and potential to tackle more difficult content. We'll continue to discuss this possibility to our teams.

Q: Reboot Cube package when?
A: We're trying to see if we can get this to return soon. No dates at the moment though.

Q: Auto Pet Potion isn't working under certain skills.
A: We'll be sure to get a full list of skills it doesn't work under and see if we can have the issue resolved.

Q: Could we have changes to Sweetwater equip drop rates or a Sweetwater shop?
A: It's difficult to give a concrete answer to this question. However, we are aware that the shop exists in other regions. We'll have to discuss further to see if there are possibilities in us getting this feature.

Q: Are there any new NX Items being introduced with this upcoming Maplehood Watch Event?
A: Apologies, but there won't be any new NX items in the event.
darik

Comments

• ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2017
    It's interesting that players are asking for bpot in Reboot. I agree to err on the side of caution in regards to power creep. You guys should do some calculations or maybe test it in the PTS to find the absolute maximum damage output players can possibly reach in Reboot, and if its not enough to clear all the content then maybe look into it. The great thing about Reboot is if players are too strong or too weak you can always fiddle with the %damage Reboot buff.
  • MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Is there any notable difference between normal and b pot, as in are tier up rates the same and whatnot? I personally don't really mind the "power-creep" it would bring but my main gripe is that I'd hate to have to essentially re-cube every single piece of gear for the bonus. There's already so much RNG nonsense and we really don't need more, but if it's substantially easier / cheaper than normal cubing I'd be okay with it.
  • Shades2Shades2
    Reactions: 585
    edited October 2017
    A: This is being discussed with our game team, but we are requesting to see if it can be done in the future.

^^ this has been the same answer to that question for like over a year ... beyond annoying at this point... 1 year ago it was " this is being discussed" LOL must be some long discussons....

Just give eu there reboot ... its only fair tothem.
    darik
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017
    Matty wrote: »
    Is there any notable difference between normal and b pot, as in are tier up rates the same and whatnot? I personally don't really mind the "power-creep" it would bring but my main gripe is that I'd hate to have to essentially re-cube every single piece of gear for the bonus. There's already so much RNG nonsense and we really don't need more, but if it's substantially easier / cheaper than normal cubing I'd be okay with it.

Tier-up rates are dependent on the cube being used, so it's identical to normal potential in every way with the exception that it can only be re-rolled with a b-pot cube or a white cube.
    I don't know how b-pot cube rates compare to normal cube rates offhand; if I'm not mistaken I think they're somewhere around the same rates of red cubes, and white cubes have a similar rate to black cubes. However we don't usually have white cubes in the cash shop.

Essentially it would be like re-cubing your gear entirely from scratch. You'd also need a source of bonus potential scrolls for existing gear, which means for Reboot you'd probably have to wait through quite a few events to collect enough for all your gear. Also, unless white cubes are added to the cash shop permanently, it'll be like cubing your gear using only red cubes.
    Matty
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited October 2017
    Shades2 wrote: »

^^ this has been the same answer to that question for like over a year ... beyond annoying at this point... 1 year ago it was " this is being discussed" LOL must be some long discussons....

It's weird to me how over time the answer to this question has actually changed. Back when EMS and GMS merged I talked to a GM and he said that it is planned that EU will get it's own Reboot server in the future, too bad this was at the start of december 2016 and NOTHING has been done for us since then. Playing on Reboot from EU really is terrible and you have to get used to the lag, is it really so hard for nexon to finally do this for us?
    darik
  • Shades2Shades2
    Reactions: 585
    edited October 2017
    Shades2 wrote: »

It's weird to me how over time the answer to this question has actually changed. Back when EMS and GMS merged I talked to a GM and he said that it is planned that EU will get it's own Reboot server in the future, too bad this was at the start of december 2016 and NOTHING has been done for us since then. Playing on Reboot from EU really is terrible and you have to get used to the lag, is it really so hard for nexon to finally do this for us?

I know its stupid to keep giving the we are discussing this answer... been hearing it for monthsand months. it shouldn't take that long to decide yes or no...but then again nexon is one of the lazyiest companys I ever seen and doesn't care about its fanbase/community which its proven a ton of times... so I am not surprised lol.. this is why I only return to play for couple months then disappear again for half a year. they do something stupid and I just get fed up with this company.
  • shavitshavit
    Reactions: 1,460
    edited October 2017
    I'd love to play a class like Blaze Wizard on Reboot but it isn't a realistic thing to do with the ping I get from my country, to the NA servers.
    If this ever happens, will we get the ability to transfer our characters from NA Reboot to EU Reboot?
    darik
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2017
    Bonus pot on reboot YES! Hope the team decides to add it in a future update.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2017
    I hope the pets and androids will actually be transparent and not translucent when you do create a fix. At the very least I'd like to be able to hide the androids completely.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Q: Why are certain packages only limited to Reboot? Please make them available to every world!
    A: We've expressed this feedback to our team and we would like to make exclusive Reboot CS items available to non-Reboot servers. It may not be at around the exact same time Reboot gets them, but this means these items will no longer be excluded from regular worlds.

Q: What happened to pets being able to be made transparent? Can we expect this in the future?
    A: We were just as surprised as everyone when this function wasn't working properly on live, but was without any issues on PTS. We're currently investigating this case and we'll see if we can have it addressed. Ideally, we'd like to see if we can implement the suggestion to separate each transparency slider for maximum customization suited to each individual.

Q: Reboot Cube package when?
    A: We're trying to see if we can get this to return soon. No dates at the moment though.

Q: Auto Pet Potion isn't working under certain skills.
    A: We'll be sure to get a full list of skills it doesn't work under and see if we can have the issue resolved.

Q: Could we have changes to Sweetwater equip drop rates or a Sweetwater shop?
    A: It's difficult to give a concrete answer to this question. However, we are aware that the shop exists in other regions. We'll have to discuss further to see if there are possibilities in us getting this feature.

These notes are good to hear.
    Q: Please bring Bonus Potential onto Reboot!
    A: This is interesting to hear as the main concern was a potential dislike of power creep. However, at the same time this request is understandable as it also adds a layer of progression and potential to tackle more difficult content. We'll continue to discuss this possibility to our teams.

I honestly wouldn't add it into Reboot until it's first available in Non-Reboot. The fact that Bonus Potential Cubes is only accessible via Mesos Market for Non-Reboot Worlds.

The moment Bonus Potential is added to Reboot without anything to sustain Non-Reboot, this will essentially kill Non-Reboot again.
    Q: Are there any new NX Items being introduced with this upcoming Maplehood Watch Event?
    A: Apologies, but there won't be any new NX items in the event.

This is disappointing to hear.

• DismayingDismaying
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2017
    I think bonus potential would be very healthy for reboot. I believe it to be very negative to the server with Kanna being nerfed lucid is getting closer and closer to unkillable for a server.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2017

It has already been stated that hard lucid is only killable with the help of haku and a party consisting only on mages, otherwise is mathematically imposible apparently, and now that they are nerfing haku well see if it is possible to finish her, since atm it has only been cleared once in reboot, so yeah something needs to be done to kill the hardest bosses right now and even harder ones in the future .
  • ZambookiiZambookii
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2017
    darik wrote: »

It has already been stated that hard lucid is only killable with the help of haku and a party consisting only on mages, otherwise is mathematically imposible apparently, and now that they are nerfing haku well see if it is possible to finish her, since atm it has only been cleared once in reboot, so yeah something needs to be done to kill the hardest bosses right now and even harder ones in the future .

Easy, add bonus potential to reboot. Solved!
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    Zambookii wrote: »
    Bonus pot on reboot YES! Hope the team decides to add it in a future update.

I honestly might start playing in Reboot if that actually happens. The only issue is:

I honestly wouldn't add it into Reboot until it's first available in Non-Reboot. The fact that Bonus Potential Cubes is only accessible via Mesos Market for Non-Reboot Worlds.

The moment Bonus Potential is added to Reboot without anything to sustain Non-Reboot, this will essentially kill Non-Reboot again.

This. It'll be another nail in the coffin.