[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Kannas are getting permanent bans, should I worry?

SoephaaiSoephaai
Reactions: 775
edited October 2017 in Bug Reporting
In the last couple of days I've noticed a LOT of reports of people getting permanent bans, for no reason. It only seems to affect Kanna characters. Here are some people that say they've been impacted by this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/76c548/randomly_banned/
https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/766mts/permabanned_for_no_reason/
Also, looking in the maplestory Discord you see a number of people with the same reports.

A lot of Kanna perma bans for no clear reason, all since the patch. However, support so far seems to have reported they've just been hacking. It seems too much of a coincidence for this to happen to so many people at the same time, on Kanna only too. On reddit I see some people have mentioned it might be because of Shikigami Charm, but another person mentioned they didn't even have the skill bound. Someone else reported he had just used a rune. I of course can't verify this is true or not, but with this many reports it does seem likely not just them all lying.

Is the support looking into a potential bug since the last maintenance? Should I be worried when I play on my Kanna that I could get banned?
SlepyLovLemonPartaecarmenpop22

Comments

• RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I've been training up an I/L mage since Kannas are going to get shafted so bad that I wouldn't be able to do my dailies anymore and I noticed that I get a lot less dcs to the server selection too.

It's like they really want Kanna players to quit. Welp, can't complain about the nerfs if they all got banned amirite?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Nexon is cracking down on kanna hackers. They may or may not be getting innocents swept up as well. One can't believe everything one reads on reddit, but one can't have too much faith in Nexon's hack-detection and auto-ban mechanisms, either.

Personally I'd rather be safe than sorry, so I'm avoiding hunting on my Kanna until this clears up.
  • FuschiaFuschia
    Reactions: 905
    edited October 2017
    long time kanna player, been playing 4-6 hours a day, 3/4 of that time training and doing the things they "allegedly" did, and no ban.
    obviously they are hackers.
  • 404NotFound404NotFound
    Reactions: 420
    edited October 2017
    I think they're banning botters (basically hacking I guess?) I see so many kannas at GS1 killing mobs while the map is 100% cursed, so it's pretty obvious they're botting while AFK. I'm sure everything is fine as long as you're making legitimate movement and are present at all times.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017
    I'm going to lock this since it already spiraled into idle speculation about the (il)legitimacy of players while I was asleep. One of the other VFMs forwarded a note about players getting banned a while ago as well, so if there is a bug then Nexon's already looking into it.

If you or one of your friends feels they've been falsely banned, they can file a ticket and appeal their ban through official channels.
  • LemonPartaeLemonPartae
    Reactions: 860
    edited October 2017
    I was simply farming on my Kanna (with both hands on keyboard, and eyes on the screen) when i was perma banned out of nowhere. I have been accused for hacking and using a third party program which i am well aware that i didn't do. I've already sent several tickets to nexon support but i keep getting the same response each time, that my account "This account has been involved in hacking, and the ban will remain". What do i do? I know i'm innocent. Nexon support has gotten me nowhere so far.

Character Name: LemonQueez
    Character Level: 200
    Character Job: Kanna
    World Name: Reboot
    Date of ban: Oct 14 approx. 1:00 pm PST

yairculesscarmenpop22
This discussion has been closed.