[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Make all items in inventory stack to 9999!

CrystalOraCrystalOra
Reactions: 3,135
edited October 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
All pots, stars, powders, crystals and ROSE CLIPPINGS! Just make every item that can go in an inventory that does not have a time limit stack! There is no reason for them to be a separate item taking up so much space when they are free to trade/npc. I keep bringing up the fact that powders and crystals only stack to 100. I am so tired of my inventory being clogged with things I want to keep to use later that have been excluded from the stacking up grades of every other item. My inventory is max slots I have five bags in my Etc. and still it is not enough! I confess that I am a pack rat and you cannot believe how happy I was to get a 10 slot coin bag from the recent events! Please upgrade all items that do not expire to take up fewer inventory slots!
AKradianShadowParadoxKerBansotPhantomMasterThiefSlicedTime

Comments

• AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited October 2017
    Actually, I was surprised with certain ETC items still being 100 minimum. The reason it could be that way is that the information is currently handled in an array of bytes, which have a maximum value of 255.

If this IS the case, a max of 250 would still be far better than a maximum of 100. It would still allow an array of bytes, which is the most efficient way of storing. If it's not the case, and it uses unsigned shorts as I'm guessing it does... ushorts have a max of 65535, so 9999 doesn't make it take up more space, so it should definitely be maxed out there. :/
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    Yeah, my poor inventory is so very full. This would help.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    +1, powders only stack to 100 :-(
    InvulgoKinro
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited October 2017
    Every time they tell us that items will now stack higher, I always hope that it includes Crystals and Powders, but then I'm left disappointed.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    Okay so now the Crystals stack to 3000, but powders did not change and I still have mules filled with the stuff. I think that the potions that we craft should also be looked at. Sitting for a set time to make 3 of something is bad enough but then they only stack to...10? I have a maxed out inventory and cannot expand it any further. Special pots stacking to only 10 needs to change. Nexon keeps saying "better" Maple, well there are many things that still need improvement.
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I agree with the ETC drops, if you remember doing Madhouse, where stuff like batteries or structure items can only stack up to 100 which filled up your inventory, that really gets annoying. I wouldn't mind the stack limit being increased.
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    Every events, etc, use drops should be to 9999.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    I agree with the ETC drops, if you remember doing Madhouse, where stuff like batteries or structure items can only stack up to 100 which filled up your inventory, that really gets annoying. I wouldn't mind the stack limit being increased.

A worse problem with Madhouse was the sheer number of different items.
    And let's not talk about Absolute Taste.
    I think every event that has more than, say, three different items that you need to hold, should come with its own virtual inventory or collection bag.
    ShadowParadox
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    An event bag, could do the trick in that case. Carrying all your event items and after an event ends those items expire and are removing from the event bag again to keep it clean.
  • PizzaaPizzaa
    Reactions: 1,591
    Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    They should also think about giving a bag for untreadable chairs
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    There was a quest bag at one time, but that was only 8 slot and you could only have 4 bags total at the time. I had 4 bags already and had to toss it out because I could not open it.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    There was a quest bag at one time, but that was only 8 slot and you could only have 4 bags total at the time. I had 4 bags already and had to toss it out because I could not open it.

It wasn't a quest bag, it was a party quest bag, for collecting party-quest completion counters (like Pianus Scale that you could eventually trade in for Kenta's Goggles).
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited January 2018
    well in any case it was useless at the time and just as useless now.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited January 2018
    I'd love this. I also often find my inventory filled up with those potion/pot/whatever things for Jetts because they don't stack at all and I don't even play a Jett. I've spent so much time dropping them just to save up space. I really think with limited inventory things need to stack better.