[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

nexon launcher why

tnyzngtnyzng
Reactions: 800
edited October 2017 in General Chat
it decided to want to update and now can't find ms anywhere so i need to miss attendance and dailies ugh

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2017
    I'm not sure what you mean, the launcher updating shouldn't make Maple itself disappear.

Try closing out the launcher first off (find the icon on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, right click>Exit), and if that doesn't work, try restarting your computer.
  • LæfyLæfy
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited October 2017
    my nexon launcher is forcing me to redownload KJSHEFKGASKLDJFASDG WTH :(
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I recently purchased a new computer and it's happening to me as well .. Windows 10 top of the line FFS and it still happens
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Yup, the same thing just happened to me. I had to reinstall the Nexon Launcher three times, and then mystically it started working. =S
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited October 2017
    I was having serious problem with NX launcher as well, such as having to redownload the game after an update due to the start button being stuck in "updating". I switched to steam launcher a few months ago and haven't had any problem since.
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    edited October 2017
    and now the game won't stay open for more than a minute at a time, like it was more than a month ago with daily usc, further making 2k monsters to kill on more than 2 accounts unfeasible
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    I recently purchased a new computer and it's happening to me as well .. Windows 10 top of the line FFS and it still happens

Windows 10, huh? Anyone else experiencing these issues using windows 10? Maple tends not to like windows 10. You can also launch the game with steam. I've never done it but it may help you guys. Also, check to make sure your antivirus isn't getting in the way. Even if it was chill with maple before, the update might have upset it. I know mine once went off over an update. Also, restarting your computer is a good idea after every update. It can really help smooth things out.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

Windows 10, huh? Anyone else experiencing these issues using windows 10? Maple tends not to like windows 10. You can also launch the game with steam. I've never done it but it may help you guys. Also, check to make sure your antivirus isn't getting in the way. Even if it was chill with maple before, the update might have upset it. I know mine once went off over an update. Also, restarting your computer is a good idea after every update. It can really help smooth things out.

After some tweaking I did get the patch working without reinstalling it did take a bit though.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited October 2017
    The Nexon launcher is garbage. Never have I had to re-install the game so many times even though the pathway for the folder is correct. I've done all methods people have suggested to try avoid having to re-download it but it still happens. The worst part about it is that it doesn't always happen. Sometimes it will patch fine and other times it wont so I can't tell what the trigger is. I'm on Windows 10 also.

I don't understand why we moved from the game launcher in the Maplestory folder to this Nexon launcher which has so many issues tied to it. I never had any issues with the game launcher. I've probably downloaded 100gig+ re-downloading the game over and over. I'm surprised despite so many people having issues with it they haven't scrapped it for the time being. Bring back the game launcher because at least that actually works 99% of the time.
    Khongi
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    edited October 2017
    game launcher also allows switching between mule accounts to not take 5 minutes every time
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017

After some tweaking I did get the patch working without reinstalling it did take a bit though.

Oh, that's good. How'd you do it?