[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory 2

MarisaKirisameMarisaKirisame
Reactions: 500
edited October 2016 in Off-Topic Discussion
are we ever going to get it -_-

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    That probably depends on how well it does in China.
    Lilyflower
  • KamiNoBeniMizuKamiNoBeniMizu
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited October 2016
    OH~ I see Touhou lovers are still A-round~!
  • SeimoreSeimore
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2016
    I'm sure we will, eventually. It looks like it'd do well in the current market.

Though I'd personally prefer NA getting Closers first ,3,
  • SpectralRyderSpectralRyder
    Reactions: 1,030
    edited October 2016
    Seimore
    Seimore said:

I'm sure we will, eventually. It looks like it'd do well in the current market.

Though I'd personally prefer NA getting Closers first ,3,
    honestly, i'd like to see both of them be brought over at the same time...
  • SeimoreSeimore
    edited October 2016
    While they may be different games, I feel like they'd be fighting for players' interest if they came over at the same time.

I'm just looking forward to Closers more though, so bias and stuff
    edited October 2016
    I wonder if Closers will be published by Nexon, or if they'll find another publisher here... It's like Elsword in Korea and NA. In NA, the developer is the one publishing it. In Korea, Nexon is BIG and THE go to publisher. If in Korea there's an online gaming company bigger than Nexon, I don't know which one it is.
  • LiquidMetalLiquidMetal
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    I hope so, maplestory is becoming a dead game with constant minor resuscitation every time a new event comes out. Maplestory 2 looks exciting and I think my laptop will be able to run it so that's a plus.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    Idk but maplestory 2 looks like mine craft with all those blocks but I'm happy with the houses since u can decorate it.
  • SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited October 2016
    LiquidMetal

I hope so, maplestory is becoming a dead game with constant minor resuscitation every time a new event comes out. Maplestory 2 looks exciting and I think my laptop will be able to run it so that's a plus.
    5th job will revitalize the game. In Korea it exploded
    edited October 2016
    SwordStaker

LiquidMetal

5th job will revitalize the game. In Korea it exploded
    It's a rather "popular" system in games in general. After a certain point, players will stop grinding for levels, instead, they grind for skill points. Diablo 3 has the Paragon system, and a few other games allows you to keep getting EXP to get stronger without being level related.

In Diablo 3's case, you have to be at max level to gain Paragon points, but in other games, like MapleStory for example, you don't need to reach max level (and obviously, it would be beyond evil of Nexon to do that since the max level is 250).

People love that meaningful grinding since they can get stronger, but don't need to re-gear themselves every couple of levels. This system was surely created to stop making gear after gear uselessly. Nice~ Speaking of which, I should officially congratulate Nexon on that (not that I think I am the most important forumer, but c'mon, you gotta show da luv sometime!)! In a separate thread...
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    It seems unlikely we'll get MS2 any time soon. The population of MS 1 isn't that high right now and bringing out MS2 would only divide the population even further.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    -removed-
  • SeimoreSeimore
    edited October 2016
    ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

It seems unlikely we'll get MS2 any time soon. The population of MS 1 isn't that high right now and bringing out MS2 would only divide the population even further.
    That's all the more reason to release it, if anything.

Companies kill their games with their sequels often if the original isn't doing too hot. Look at what happened to Grand Chase, Elsword was the last nail in the coffin, and Elsword is still doing well to this day.
  • MarisaKirisameMarisaKirisame
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2016
    the first MapleStory has lived for a very long time all good things have to come to an end

I believe it's been around for 13 to 14 years now it's a miracle lived as long as it has

I'm looking at Maplestory 2 as a replacement for mabinogi everything I like about that game and more

the character customization on Maplestory and mabinogi are the reasons why I gave them a try

the only problem with MapleStory I have to pay for it

only thing I like about this game the character customization I hate the leveling process on MapleStory and grinding for gear I do not like how difficult it is to find a group of people to play this game on a professional level there's a lot of bosses in the game I'll never be able to play against

on mabinogi the level of Freedom the game offers is insane I can do anything and everything I want on top of that character customization no one character is the same I wish there was more games like that out there

Maplestory 2 has everything but skill customization

the only thing out there has more customization second life which is pretty damn sad is it also comes with a lot of gross crap
    edited October 2016
    Seimore
    Seimore said:

ふかせ
    ふかせ said:

That's all the more reason to release it, if anything.

Companies kill their games with their sequels often if the original isn't doing too hot. Look at what happened to Grand Chase, Elsword was the last nail in the coffin, and Elsword is still doing well to this day.
    Elsword isn't even a sequel to Grand Chase. It's more like they took Elesis's brother, gave him his game in some alternate universe where both him and his sister are important (unlike Grand Chase where Elesis's brother was barely existent and only mentioned a few times), and then stamp on Elesis because she was mentioned in there too.

They also took the liberty of copying themselves with Rena (Lire) and Aisha (Arme).

@MarisaKirisame
    Mabinogi is like Rune Factory, but online (you can farm, fight monsters, or just explore and do quests).
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited March 2017
    -removed-
  • SeimoreSeimore
    edited October 2016
    KamiNoBeniMizu

Elsword isn't even a sequel to Grand Chase. It's more like they took Elesis's brother, gave him his game in some alternate universe where both him and his sister are important (unlike Grand Chase where Elesis's brother was barely existent and only mentioned a few times), and then stamp on Elesis because she was mentioned in there too.

They also took the liberty of copying themselves with Rena (Lire) and Aisha (Arme).
    Spiritual Successor is a better word, then.

For all intents and purposes, Elsword was an improved Grand Chase. Things like that happen all the time though, gameplay wise, Elsword was just better simply because it was newer.

The difference here is that Maplestory 2 plays nothing like Maplestory, the only reason one would kill the other is because the population of 2 at release pulls away all from 1, not so much that 2 is just Maplestory 1, but better.
    edited October 2016
    Minecraft is more like some sort of canvas. If people have the patience to make stuff like this at least.

EDIT:The quote glitched bad! 0_o
  • RagnarLothbrokRagnarLothbrok
    Reactions: 200
    edited November 2016
    edited November 2016