[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Update] World Leap Issues

Comments

• WelcomingWelcoming
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2017
    It says 10-3-17 to 10-17-17? I've submitted my ticket on 10-1-17... Will this affect my chances?

Old Ticket #513803
    Character Name : Amicable
    Current Server : Windia
    Server wanted to move to : Bera
  • ProgenyProgeny
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Welcoming wrote: »
    It says 10-3-17 to 10-17-17? I've submitted my ticket on 10-1-17... Will this affect my chances? Ticket #513803

It shouldn't. Send another ticket as a follow up on the update.
  • DankNugsDankNugs
    Reactions: 770
    edited October 2017
    Lol, so now I talk to a GM and I am told only one of my characters can move to Bera. Goodbye all my character slots, 20 links, perm nexon, among other things because the entire process was so vague. Why would they think I want one character...? This was the exact problem from the beginning with the population glitch, getting blocked partway through your transfer, which is what happened to me. Now I have most of my links stuck in Scania and my main and a few other links in Bera.. I was so patient with them, gave them time to figure it out with very few updates over the weeks, and then they slap me in the face with this. @Arwoo please explain.
  • PallyCookiePallyCookie
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Text
    Can you answer the guy above, please, and tell us why it wasn't made more clear we had to provide tickets up until the 17th to transfer instead of telling us to wait for a solution to come through? Are you saying I am stuck in my world and that guy above me is stuck being only able to transfer ONE character so that being said even if I HAD sent in a ticket we'd still be screwed???

• DaveYolo1337DaveYolo1337
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2017
    Hi,
    I was wondering if when any administrator gets the time, if they could please consider my request. I would really appreciate it. The issues that I had experienced were very upsetting. Thank you.
    Ticket #521763
    Thank you.
  • AlterlifeAlterlife
    Reactions: 310
    edited October 2017
    Hi,
    I talked to a gm and they said I wasn't part of the consideration for the friendship ring glitch. I want to know why? and if they will consider me cause I sent the tickets on October 2nd, 2017. I thought I would be part of the consideration and they sent me a reply on October 3rd, 2017 that it was resolved but it wasn't. This is very upsetting to know that my main wouldn't be considered to be moved from windia to bera while all my other characters are in bera.

Old ticket #: #514055
    Character name: Fallenz
    Current server: Windia
    Server you wish to transfer: Bera

Moderator Note: Please avoid sharing any part of your account information (including your email address). It could lead to your account being compromised.
    NesaWillEatU
  • NesaWillEatUNesaWillEatU
    Reactions: 950
    edited October 2017
    Hello,

Ticket # : 511711
    Character name : NesaMiteEatU
    Server I tried to transfer to : Bera
  • mumbhakimumbhaki
    Reactions: 490
    edited October 2017
    Closed/Solved Ticket: #514107,#511074
    New Ticket: #522419
    Character name: Bunshin
    Server: Khaini to Bera

Month later still in Khaini :(

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited October 2017
    I do agree that this whole process could have been handled better, but this is the best that we could do for those who experienced the following issues. I'm sure the concern now is that your characters will be split, but rest assured. Currently, there are plans to make world leaping available to the public and not gated behind a paywall or a world leap event exclusive.

We do promise to introduce more ways to reunite your characters in the near future.
    DankNugs wrote: »
    Lol, so now I talk to a GM and I am told only one of my characters can move to Bera. Goodbye all my character slots, 20 links, perm nexon, among other things because the entire process was so vague. Why would they think I want one character...? This was the exact problem from the beginning with the population glitch, getting blocked partway through your transfer, which is what happened to me. Now I have most of my links stuck in Scania and my main and a few other links in Bera.. I was so patient with them, gave them time to figure it out with very few updates over the weeks, and then they slap me in the face with this. @Arwoo please explain.

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    I'm sure the concern now is that your characters will be split, but rest assured. Currently, there are plans to make world leaping available to the public and not gated behind a paywall or a world leap event exclusive.

... Yeah okay you need to elaborate a little more when you drop an info bomb like that. Are you saying that moving worlds will constantly available in the future? Or is it going to be a temporary thing? (Which is exactly what a world transfer is). I'll wait until this is confirmed before saying anything else.
  • PrecislyPrecisly
    Reactions: 680
    edited October 2017

You waited until last minute to move your 20 characters to Bera? That's your fault. If you had the ring issue on all 20 characters, that's a lie. Stop using this error as a benefit because you didn't move until last min. All of us with the ring issue tried WEEKS and DAYS prior and couldn't move.
  • KikuchiHaruKikuchiHaru
    Reactions: 800
    edited October 2017
    Ticket # : #518568 Date: October 14, 2017
    Character name : KikuchiHaru (Kaiser, Lv 211)
  • DazedDazed
    Reactions: 2,050
    edited October 2017
    @Arwoo
    Do you know when the maintenance for transfers will happen?
    Not sure if I should even bother with the Halloween candy event if it will be reset once moved... :/
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Precisly wrote: »
    You waited until last minute to move your 20 characters to Bera? That's your fault. If you had the ring issue on all 20 characters, that's a lie. Stop using this error as a benefit because you didn't move until last min. All of us with the ring issue tried WEEKS and DAYS prior and couldn't move.

Why is it their fault when there was not supposed to be a limit number of transfers and it was still within the event duration?
  • bazzybazzy
    Reactions: 1,525
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I do agree that this whole process could have been handled better, but this is the best that we could do for those who experienced the following issues. I'm sure the concern now is that your characters will be split, but rest assured. Currently, there are plans to make world leaping available to the public and not gated behind a paywall or a world leap event exclusive.

We do promise to introduce more ways to reunite your characters in the near future.

Don't you think that players understand that?(same with most updates)
  • DankNugsDankNugs
    Reactions: 770
    edited October 2017
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Precisly wrote: »

Why is it their fault when there was not supposed to be a limit number of transfers and it was still within the event duration?

This^ How are you gonna call me out like that when you don't even know my situation? First of all, I started moving them within the event period, why would I think there would be a problem last day? I am the leader of a 140 person guild in Scania and I was spending every moment I could there convincing guildies to come/saying bye to friends I have made since being in Scania... From the very first day of the event, I PLANNED to not move until the last day so I could get everything done that I needed to, such as scouting market in Bera to see what items are less/more in each world, watching the population, etc. etc. Don't be salty and come at me because you had the friendship ring glitch, both glitches were relevant and screwed many people over.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Asking what to do with those who missed the event was like asking good rewards, someone who missed zero or Beast tamer class creation time, someone who missed GM events, someone who missed Double Miracle Time (DMT) and stuff. It is noones fault.

People who missed might have because of real life matters or because the were on holiday or work trip so it is absolutely not their fault. Or they might not playing because of boredome and stop playing for a few weeks which makes them missed the events.

Maplestory/Nexon have also made the world transfer for sometime, not only few hours time such as Double Miracle Time which only happening for few hours. So it is not obviously Maplestory/Nexon fault.

Maplestory/Nexon also should not also force players to move world because not all players want to move. Some players want a crowded world. Some players happy enough to play in quite world with just 2-3 friends or even real friends. I met some people who actually just online on weekend and play solo just to kill time and play casually. Some people even created a solo guild which has all of their chars in his guild. I find it hilarious but it is his own way enjoying this game. So if maplestory/Nexon force everyone to move, they are in fault. So in this matter, it is noones fault.

I know it is hard to be left out by friends, as do i will feel sad if it happen to me. But Regardless, I think to people who missed the world leap event, they still have some options eventhough it is not the best options they wish for.
    1. They can still play on the world they are currently in while finding new friends
    2. They can start a new fresh char on the other world to follow their friends. 1 account doesn't limited to only join 1 world. They can anytime create a new class on any world they want. I know they will have to start from zero and it is obviously hard. But on the other hand, if they are moving world because of friends, i believe their friends will help them to reach the previous state on the oher world eventhough it will takes some time. If their friends doesn't want to help them, i think better to stay on the current world
    3. They can wait for the next world leap event. But there is no guarantee they can enter exactly the world they want to go into. Because as far as i know, world leap transfer doesn't apply to all world.
    4. Communicate with the other friends. Can probably start together from zero on a new world they altogether never been to. So everyone will start zero on a new world. For some players who used to be very strong and funded, it might be very hard. But i believe, for some people, even start to play from zero, as long as they play it with friends, this game will still offer fun and challenge. Eventhough i believe not everyone will enjoy playing from absolutely nothing.
    5. There are probably another options that i missed. But you can always communicate with your friends to find another alternative.

In the end, i believe it is noones fault. In this case, I believe maplestory also cannot make it available for everyone to leap world whenever they want as it will merge every world and probably will affect the whole server. Well, best wishes for everyone.

• AmityAmity
    Reactions: 100
    edited October 2017
    Hello, I sent my first ticket #516719 on October 9th.
    This is my second ticket:

Ticket #522587
    Character name : Francisca
    Current Server : Grazed
  • DazedDazed
    Reactions: 2,050
    edited October 2017
    @Arwoo Will anyone be moved during this upcoming patch? :o
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/25940/scheduled-minor-patch-october-26-2017
    MishikuNesaWillEatU
  • HaiSoDaCoolHaiSoDaCool
    Reactions: 385
    edited October 2017
    So for the friendship ring problem, how will you guys get into contact with us? Through closed tickets? Email?

If you're not transferred at the end of this month, please submit another ticket to follow up.

It's the last maintenance of the month. So what now?