[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.233 Destiny: Remastered Patch Notes here!
How do I stop this game redownloading every patch?
Super desperate for any help, doesn't have to be nexon since tickets have gotten no where.
Every.Single.Patch in 2017 my launcher verifies my files then starts to re-download the entire 10GB game. Never happened prior to 2017 but something this year has caused this and frankly I don't have the time nor internet plan to always be downloading 10GB of data (family member works from home and is in multi media so just one file can be over 90GB+ and so I don't like chewing up our data plan when the game is already on my system), honestly I go into the folders and it's all just sitting there, all that needs to be added is the new patch, not the whole game.... @#%$#^!!
THIS IS WHAT I'VE DONE SO FAR TRYING TO PREVENT THIS
- Made sure drivers are always updated
- made sure anti-virus and anti-malware are not blocking maplestory
- temporarily turned off firewalls
- repaired installation
- uninstalled and reinstalled launcher
- did all that Msconfig crap to troubleshoot
- released/renewed IP
- flushed dns
- ticketed nexon support and went through weeks of back and forth where I had to do things like DXdiag reports, traceroutes, rpocess lists etc etc - stalemate no one can help, best advice was to just let the game redownload which is not a solution at all since the game files are there on my computer, it's launcher that isn't noticing them.
- moved my maplestory folder around (a workaround which helped some, details here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/6ovjyz/workaround_for_redownloading_10gb_every_time_you/)
- bitched to my friends
So I need help, how do I get this launcher to read the game files already on my computer??? I honestly don't understand, it happens every patch.
In the past my work around was make a few back up copies of all folders and save to my external drive and when the launcher tries to redownload I would delete the entire game and launcher files on the computer and open the game up on the backup file, once the game loads then make a fresh copy and move it back to my C:// and start again but today those are not even working, it is just so unreasonable since perfectly fine files are right there, looking back at me. OMG so frustrating I was only in the game yesterday lol >.< stupid blind launcher
So because i actually like playing this game (
even though you make it hard some days with junk like being forced to redownload the game all the time
), yet again, I downloaded the full game and when I went to log in....