[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

A Better Maple: Revamp Equipment Tooltip

GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
Reactions: 2,645
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Please consider to revamp the Equipment UI Tooltip so it will have a more modern look as shown below:

XaqAjEw.jpg

- The title of the equipment will be in the mddile.
- As we don't get additional stats for newly obtained equipments, please make that all the equipments will be given with a dot with outlined border.
and stats included will be given with random range (like in the old maple).
- For scrolled items and items obtained with stats with random range, the addition to the stat will be shown in blue color (as shown in the picture).
For example: +70 (70 + 1) => +70 (70 +1).
- The row of the classes' names will be shown more clearly.
- It's greatly recommended that text-size for the equipment's details will remain as it's today.

Like this:
ojUTgkc.png

For cases like this:
n048gBY.jpg

- Some equipments like this don't include that MaxHP and MaxMP are +10% with the addition of percentage where necessary (the current view which is shown as MaxHP: +10 and MaxMP: +10 is incorrect).
- For players in Luna (like me, which includes equipments from the EMS pre-migration period) - there are equipments with some stats included in (such as: All stats: +3% and more) which are missing from the equipment tooltip view. Although, the stats are applied while the equipments are equipped by the player. The expected result is that the player will able to see all the stats of the equip in the tooltip.

Thank you for listening.
Please say something about these to assist in fowarding to the game team.
Nightcrawl3rSherriPhantomMasterThief
  1. Do you wish to see the above changes applied into the game, too?26 votes
    1. Yes!! Everything of the new changes is great and I wish to see everything in game!
       38% (10 votes)
    2. Yes, at least to see the missing stats and MaxHP +10%/MaxMP +10% correctly.
       38% (10 votes)
    3. No, everything is unnecessary.
       8% (2 votes)
    4. I don't care.
       15% (4 votes)

Comments

• GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Please consider to revamp the equipment ui tooltip as I described above.
    Thank you.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    Please review my request above. I believe the community will be happy to see the changes above being applied in the GMS service.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    I support this. this would clean gms a lilttle bit.
    GoldAdventurerSherri
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Please don't forget my suggestion to revamp the UI which will make the game even more attractive!
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    and please, don't copy paste from MapleSEA, we just need the title of the equipment in the mddile.

this is already how the equips are in kms. the only problem in gms is that we have that strange circle next to the item title, as well as having it in the left instead of in the middle.

keep the class equip information as it is in Gms,that how it is in kms, trust me you don't want the MapleSEA one, it looks far worse, and is pixelated.

so pretty much just remove the circle and move all the item titles to the middle, and your done, don't change anything else.

Excatly like this, only make it in english:

2BqXDuY.png

Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    and please, don't copy paste from MapleSEA, wee just need the title of the equipment in the mddile.

this is already how the equips are in kms. the only problem in gms is that we have that strange circle next to the item title, as well as having it in the left instead of in the middle.

keep the class equip information as it is in Gms,that how it is in kms, trust me you don't want the MapleSEA one, it looks far worse, and is pixelated.

so pretty much just remove the circle and move all the item titles to the middle, and your done, don't change anything else.

Excatly like this, only make it in english:...

The MapleSEA design is the same as in KMS, except of the text-size which is smaller and the line of the classes' names.

I strongly recommend that everything will be the same as in MapleSEA except the text-size for the equipment's details which is smaller.

Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    and please, don't copy paste from MapleSEA, wee just need the title of the equipment in the mddile.

The MapleSEA design is the same as in KMS, except of the text-size which is smaller and the line of the classes' names.

I strongly recommend that everything will be the same as in MapleSEA except the text-size for the equipment's details which is smaller.

MapleSEA has some items that also have the strange circle and the title to the left.

that's why i don't want gms to copy over mseas desgin, but rather improve ours, make the class row names more in line with msea (smaller text size) but remove the strange circle and move the title from the left to the middle on Each and every single item that exists in the game. ( i think that's might be a code/better maple issue) and keep the Modern KMS template.

Msea has the kms pixlated/older template, i played msea i saw it and i know, gms's is closer to kms, but needs improving. and we actually had that strange circle and item title on the left even pre bb. kms has always had the item title in middle, and never had that strange circle even to begin with.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017

i don't know i played maplesea, and the desgin is the same, but they have like this weird filter over text and overall the game, don't you see the dots/somewhat pixilated classes rows ? pixalted as not as crisp as it should be. we just need to get the kms one, with english translations, and the item info on the middle instead of on the left with that circle.

This is Maple Story SEA Class Row: YValDLT.png

This is Maple Story Korea Class Row: 7X5RJmK.png

see the kms one looks cleaner and is black, and the msea one is grayish with dots.

This is Maple Story Global Class Row : GvbUzCO.png

This is Maple Story Global Item Info ToolTip : zhIBFg3.png

This is Maple Story SEA item info ToolTip : vyG2qat.png

just give us the KMS template and put the item info on the middle, remove the blue circle.

ps. we don't need smaller text size on the item tooltip, they can just rearrange the classes so it will fit better, don't you see how much space there is between warrior and magician?.

*Edit: i just noticed, that the text on the GMS tooltip is smaller then it's maplesea's counterpart.

and the gms team still decided to put begi instead of beginner, or War, instead of Warrior. also the funny thing is that Bow has the same
    nner rrior man
    amount of letters as pirate, both has 6 letters. and yet bowman is spelled upside down. GMS team what wer'e you drinking when you made

that horribile decision to think that War is better then, Warrior? i truly wonder.
    rrior
    why didn't you put the text as follows: Beginner,Warrior,Magician,Bowman,Thief,Pirate. i mean what we currently have is plain ugly.
    Begi, Wa, Magi, Bow, Thief, Pirate
    nner rrior cian man

i'm not disrespecting you, i'm just trying to wonder, how and why the decision made to write the class rows names like that. when

MapleSEA,EuropeMS had a better Ui ToolTip, with bigger text then gms one, and it fitted well.

i just don't know what wer'e you thinking back then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    GoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Bumping this, i know it's not a big problem, but it's a nice problem to get rid off. because who likes seeing< Example down below > instead of Warrior. :)
    • War
    • rior
    Combine this text: jhAz1I2.png

With this class rows template: TmvC0KF.png

That's what the Perfect Class rows for GMS would be like imvho ;)
    just use the KMS template, and re configure the class text location.

look at the ugly class text that is currently used on GMS : cy4vsqu.png

Look how much nicer and cleaner the KMS ToolTip looks: 5QseIln.png

This is the ToolTip in GMS : OmSrKbZ.png

Nexon needs to realign the class names horizontally instead of vertically : YPhTFhe.png

they need to make Beginner,Warrior,Magician,Bowman. be aligned vertically like Thief, and Pirate.

and move the item title to the middle: from this: rDQOvnU.png

to this: OlFJGdG.png

remove the blue dot on the left : 4SvGW4U.png

Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Here's how the Class row would like like, if the gms team would rearange the class names from being vertical to horizontal :

SI4Ir7T.png

instead of this :

zWMG8p4.png

@GoldAdventurer doesn't this looks better then the MapleSEA/EMS one ? :)
  • shavitshavit
    Reactions: 1,460
    edited October 2017
    I support those changes.
    GoldAdventurerPhantomMasterThief
  • Nightcrawl3rNightcrawl3r
    Reactions: 1,140
    edited October 2017
    It's really sad to see how this has been here for two months getting regular bumps and there isn't even one of those useless CM replies in it saying something like "Yea, maybe we will think about doing this ..."
    Fully supported from my side, item tool tips need a bit of a cleanup!
    PhantomMasterThiefGoldAdventurerSherri
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    I can only hope they will even listen..
    I believe they prefer the game at least to function properly with the existing features but not to improve legacy features at all which are requested to be improved to be better..
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    I would like to add a suggestion, please add the type of weapon for Ex: One-handed, or Two-handed, next to the actual type.

Ex: Type : Cane ( One-Handed )

Type : Sword ( Two-handed )

this would be a really nice QoL change IMO.

Plus it would stop the guessing game of choosing a One or Two handed scrolls.

5iEI5PS.png ( see how it has Type : Cane, One-Handed ) MapleStory Thailand

LCtCSkH.png ( it doesn't say if it's a One or Two-handed weapon ) Global MapleStory

DaxterbeerSlicedTimeGoldAdventurerSherri
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    This seems like a bug. The text should be centered.

Forwarded.

There are others bugs, too. Please consider the following issues as bugs:
    - HP and MP are not shown as 10% and these are shown as 10.
    - Some equipment's stats are missing from tooltip view , especially to many equipments of Luna players obtained prior service migration.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2018
    AlexF wrote: »
    This seems like a bug. The text should be centered.

Forwarded.

There are others bugs, too. Please consider the following issues as bugs:
    - HP and MP are not shown as 10% and these are shown as 10.
    - Some equipment's stats are missing from tooltip view , especially to many equipments of Luna players obtained prior service migration.
      and don't forget:
    • Changing this >> DOGmo9l.png
    • Into this >>yUnG9RD.png
    • And adding the type of weapon ( One-handed. or Two-handed ) like this --▽
      5iEI5PS.png dYSkmS1.png
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    As I see right now, there are no changes planned to the Equipment UI Tooltip, maybe the only change will be that damage increase will not shown anymore on equipments for different classes/jobs or different gender than the character's gender.
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    As I see right now, there are no changes planned to the Equipment UI Tooltip, maybe the only change will be that damage increase will not shown anymore on equipments for different classes/jobs or different gender than the character's gender.

You need to understand that big/small changes like this only comes at major patches, so every 6 months. ( iv'e waited a long ass time to get a simple bug fixed )
    it will come in a couple of months, 6-12 that's my guess...
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I just noticed that when you apply damage skins their text changes from being on the left with a blue dot, to be centered without a dot.

Damage skin unapplied : DMCS1V2.png ( text is on the far left with a blue dot )

Damage skin applied : ZSeoR0H.png ( text is centered and the dot removed )

( so the maplestory team should just copy the code from the damage skin storage system to other game Ui, and equipment tooltips )

PS. i also would like to suggest to maybe look at THMS ( Thailand MapleStory ) they already have a tooltip mostly in english with centered text and a horizontal class row names.

THMS ToolTip : VOaqFHG.png
    ( i would prefer if gms would keep our current text size and style for the item tooltip info and class rows, or gms could just copy the class row from thms and change archer and rogue to bowman and thief )

*And please don't forget about adding the type of weapon ( if it's 1 handed or 2 handed ):J0s6hMn.png

*I would prefer if they make the class names horizontal and keep our current text and styling:Yi44gm3.png

GoldAdventurer
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    i also would like to add: that the the text being on the left with a dot on it, is not only on equipment tooltips, but also on all the items in the game that has a text.

such as: Skills,Cash shop equips,potions,etc,quest items,and manny more.

here's a skill tooltip from gms: eHS3aYf.png

here's a skill tooltip from maplesea: VwYMvxg.png