[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

PS4 or Xbox one?

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited October 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
Lets discuss pros and cons of both. Then evaluate subjectively which is best. ( objectively) they both have games that can only be played on their respective systems.
Lilyflower

Comments

• ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2017
    My rule of thumb's always been if you want to play a bunch of cool, story driven, single player games then get a playstation, and if you want to invite your friends over and play some local multi you should grab an xbox. Personally I've always thought the xbox line of thinking is the way to go. Sadly this craze about graphics has turned consoles away from what they're meant to be and even halo 5, the franchise that set its foundation on local multiplayer, doesn't have splitscreen in favour of better graphics. It's sad to watch honestly.

I've only had a couple of months of experience with a PS4 over the christmas holiday last year. I don't like the controller very much. The flappy triggers don't feel great to use and I kept sliding off the convex joysticks. There wasn't anything particularly wrong with the system's OS. What I did notice was it produced a lot of heat. Like a lot. Air circulation is definitely something to be aware of with the PS4. It was super small though, a little bigger than a Wii.

I got an xbox one on the first day it was released. It was a poor decision and I wouldn't do it again. You should buy a console to play games, not to have a console. The box is really big and you shouldn't put anything on top of it that'll block the massive fan. Heat hasn't been an issue though. The controller felt weird at first, but after a few months I loaded up a few games on the 360 and I could immediately feel how much better the xone controller was. The backwards compatibility opens up the game library so much. The only reason I've turned on my 360 since they added it was to move all of my save files into cloud storage. The "looking for group" feature they added recently is amazing. Back in the day I had to message everyone I played with in halo 3 multi and ask them to help me get achievements in halo odst. Not any more. They've also recently made improvements to achievement tracking and you can pull up a small overlay to track your progress while you play.

But yeah to reiterate, splitscreen has always been the biggest draw to console gaming for me, and the xbox has better and more splitscreen games.
    DarkPassengerpandabunnies
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited October 2017
    Nice details, I was thinking of getting xbox one for the Forza Horizon game. But I did see that PS4 has a lot of story driven games which is also a good thing when deciding what games to play. Controller wise, I have small to medium sized hands so PS4 controller might be suited for me since x box controllers tend to be wider. Unless the newer ones are more compact.

I would ask which are the best games for each platform so finalize my decision on which to buy. Xbox one has the bundle right now with forza horizon 3 for about 349
    Lilyflower
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited October 2017
    I have a PS4, but the recent firmware update completely screwed us over. We had to initialize it (AKA delete all of the data, and because we weren't members, we couldn't back any of it up).
    edited October 2017
    I'll probably get the ps4, xbox one games seem too marketed to younger people with some exceptions.

Lilyflower
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited October 2017
    I like the PS4 better because it has more JRPG's. I don't hate the xbox or anything but it's pretty anemic when it comes to my favorite genre and the controller is too big for me to hold it comfortably (I have tiny hands).
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    PS2

Okay fine I'll leave bye :(
    edited November 2017
    Sherri wrote: »
    PS2

Okay fine I'll leave bye :(

Heh, I still have a PS2. Sometimes you just want to play something old, you know?
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited November 2017
    No Gamecube love ok.....

Ps4 all the way. Trophy hunter.
    On Xbox you will get banned pretty fast.
    Sherri
  • Lucsean99Lucsean99
    Reactions: 1,565
    edited November 2017
    Both of them makes you sit on your arse at home all day. You can go anywhere with a Nintendo Switch, dood.

LOL that's WW2 for most people already 2nd prestige talk about addiction. lol my fault lies with Persona 5 @ the moment i need to eat more beside playing more.
    edited November 2017
    Both of them makes you sit on your arse at home all day. You can go anywhere with a Nintendo Switch, dood.

I assume youre deemon, but I already got the ps4, go to the gym regularly.
    Lilyflower
    edited November 2017

It is most certainly deemon. He even said his little catchphrase. XD
    edited November 2017

had he not said "dood" he probably wouldnt have gotten banned but a warning for his other comment in another thread.
    Lilyflower
    edited November 2017

had he not said "dood" he probably wouldnt have gotten banned but a warning for his other comment in another thread.

He is not a clever man. XD
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,375
    edited November 2017
    But really, I haven't played a console in a long time. I always have been on my PC. :p

He is not a clever man. XD

and guess what?
    hesunbannedagainlol